Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody want to change their record outcome for the season?

Started by HogPharmer, September 03, 2016, 09:35:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

MSU lost to South Alabama, LSU to Wisky. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure Clemson is curb stomping Auburn right now and I'd guess that FSU will crush Ole Piss.

We aren't as good as I'd hoped, and neither are many other teams.
This is my non-signature signature.

SpanHog

proud graduate of the U of A 2013

rhames

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 03, 2016, 10:24:17 pm
MSU lost to South Alabama, LSU to Wisky. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure Clemson is curb stomping Auburn right now and I'd guess that FSU will crush Ole Piss.

We aren't as good as I'd hoped, and neither are many other teams.

Auburn down 10 about to score.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2016, 10:06:40 pm
We typically don't match up well against A$M.

We matched up with them fine the last two years. Stupid playing in the 4th the last two years is what cost us.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Großer Kriegschwein

Oh and TCU is barely handling South Dakota State.

This week should prove that you just need to wait and watch, anything can happen.
This is my non-signature signature.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on September 03, 2016, 10:21:00 pm

South Dakota state is playing TCU at TCU.

They are an fcs team.

TCU looks worse than us.

Not on offense.  Defense looks bad, but the offense looks pretty good.  We still aren't sure about our defense yet to know how well we are going to be, but we will find out next week against TCU. 

whoopigLakeCity

I think if the OL can figure out how to pass block we are 8 maybe 9 wins next week we see if it's fixed.

spiritof92

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 03, 2016, 10:28:11 pm
Not on offense.  Defense looks bad, but the offense looks pretty good.  We still aren't sure about our defense yet to know how well we are going to be, but we will find out next week against TCU. 

Hill has thrown 2 INTs and the SDSU defense has dropped a number of others.  Two of those would have been pick 6s.  One of the TDs TCU scored wouldn't have been a TD had the ball not been thrown so poorly, if you can believe that.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rhames

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 03, 2016, 10:28:11 pm

I don't know if participating in a track meet with an fcs team means a team has a good offense.

Guess we will see in a week

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on September 03, 2016, 10:34:18 pm

I don't know if participating in a track meet with an fcs team means a team has a good offense.

Track meet with an fcs team just tells me the defense sucks.  Offense though is able to keep scoring to make sure the team wins. I hope our defense is ready next week because I am not sure the offense can play in a track meet.

rhames

Hog Solo

Quote from: rhames on September 03, 2016, 10:34:18 pm

We dfinitely need our d to actually play pass defense or we will need to score in the 30's which should've been easy against la tech but wasn't because our oline is suspect.  In short it doesn't matter how crap tcu looks tonight, they will take us to the woodshed if we try to bring this crap against them.

rhames

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 03, 2016, 10:36:17 pm
Track meet with an fcs team just tells me the defense sucks.  Offense though is able to keep scoring to make sure the team wins. I hope our defense is ready next week because I am not sure the offense can play in a track meet.

Guess we will see.

Lake City Hog

South Dakota is #8 in the FCS, not exactly a slouch. Still shouldn't be playing TCU this well on the road!

I'm not going to jump off a cliff after today's game, but I am a bit disappointed in 2 things.

With the history that Arkansas has had with Kickers it seems like we should be able to find someone that can kick the ball 6 yards deep EVERY time or kick it to the 1 ir 2 yard line with enough hang time to allow for good coverage.

I really expected for our defensive scheme to call for tighter coverage by the DB's. If Smith is afraid of the receivers from La Tech what will he do against TCU, ATM and Ole Miss? I refuse to fault our DB's when the scheme calls for them to line up 9 yards off the LOS and back pedal at the snap. Dieon Sanders couldn't cover a receiver lined up that way!

rhames

Quote from: Hog Solo on September 03, 2016, 10:37:42 pm
We dfinitely need our d to actually play pass defense or we will need to score in the 30's which should've been easy against la tech but wasn't because our oline is suspect.  In short it doesn't matter how crap tcu looks tonight, they will take us to the woodshed if we try to bring this crap against them.

But it matters how crap we looked this afternoon?

spiritof92

Quote from: Lake City Hog on September 03, 2016, 10:38:46 pm
South Dakota is #8 in the FCS, not exactly a slouch. Still shouldn't be playing TCU this well on the road!

I'm not going to jump off a cliff after today's game, but I am a bit disappointed in 2 things.

With the history that Arkansas has had with Kickers it seems like we should be able to find someone that can kick the ball 6 yards deep EVERY time or kick it to the 1 ir 2 yard line with enough hang time to allow for good coverage.

I really expected for our defensive scheme to call for tighter coverage by the DB's. If Smith is afraid of the receivers from La Tech what will he do against TCU, ATM and Ole Miss? I refuse to fault our DB's when the scheme calls for them to line up 9 yards off the LOS and back pedal at the snap. Dieon Sanders couldn't cover a receiver lined up that way!

Not sure what you're looking at but they are currently ranked 14th and they rarely make it beyond the first round of the playoffs.  They aren't an elite FCS program.

HogPharmer

Quote from: popcornhog on September 03, 2016, 10:09:50 pm
Are you this big of a d bag in person or just on the internets?

Mostly just the interwebs.... When I'm on here, I'm 6'9" and can lift a Mack truck.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

cosmodrum

We beat Alcorn St. I can't expect any other wins. I'll say 4-8.

Year frickin 4.
Go away, batin'

jkstock04

Staying with 6-6. I still think that is an attainable goal for this team.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HotlantaHog

8-4 still looks doable.

TCU still looks like it could go either way, will be an important game...

The Hogs didn't look great on offense or on special teams. On the flip side, the opposition -- TCU and the SEC -- looks very beatable for the most part.

HiggiePiggy

Only one team in the SEC this week looked good and that was Alabama.  Everyone else we have on our schedule looks beatable.

Pig In The City

I think we will have issues with TCU, A&M, Alabama, Ole Miss, FL. We always stand a chance with LSU and Auburn. I see at least 4 very possible losses but I will never yield until the game is played. We will improve in all areas.

Dominicanhog

I said 9-4... I'll now say 8-5... I get to change next week too, right?

gchamblee

Quote from: HogPharmer on September 03, 2016, 09:53:59 pm
Just Bc I'm disappointed in our performance doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

we have stupid fans and intelligent fans, so i don't think anybody was questioning your fandom.

jdelo77

Our fan base is one of quickest to jump off the jump off the band wagon !!! I mean a win is a win but , good lord look at the rest of the SEC ? Not exactly lighting the world on fire ( Bama being the exception ) .....

JOKERHOG

Had 6-6.  Will keep it with fingers crossed.  I think that is about the best scenario
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Justagp

I'm thinking 8-4 is still doable - we're one up from where we were last year.

TNRazorbacker

I'm still going with 8 wins although admit confidence is shaken a bit. I didn't think there was a chance in hell of 8 wins after we dropped one to Toledo last year so no reason to think it isn't this year.

Barring Alabama most of our SEC east brethren haven't looked that hot either. LSU is the same no QB one dimension team they were the last two years and looks like Fournette went down with a knee injury. MState actually lost to the mid major they scheduled. Auburn still doesn't have a QB. I guess we'll see about Ole Miss.

We look like about the same team as last year on D.  It's pretty clear we can expect our pass D to be bad again. Bad tackling, getting beat deep, and big soft spots that get exploited.  It's evident by the cushion we give that the coaches have no confidence in our ability to stop a big play.  Strong up front on D though.

Offense is what worries me because that looks shaky and it carried the team last year. R Williams should work out nicely at RB though- good burst and ball security, and our receiving corps is very strong. The offensive line is struggling though, some more than others, pass blocking was abysmal but on the bright side run blocking was good. And the most impactful change for us will be the QB position. It's clear that Austin is going to need time to settle in, which means he isn't going to step in with BA like efficiency right away. This is completely understandable but we are going to miss that heartily I'm afraid.

King Kong

StuartDavin

I'm such an idiot. Clicked on this thread not realizing it was from last week and couldn't figure out why so many people were lowing their predictions.

Anyway..for me I was at 7-5 regular season. Now it's 8-4.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jbcarol on September 11, 2016, 06:24:56 am

I agree, I started 9-4.. 8-5 after week 1.. now back to 9-4.. promise I won't change next week but reserve the right the following week.. thanks for making it such a democratic process, I'm more accurate at the end...

runninhog

ChitownHawg

I am bumping this to see which of these naysayers are man enough to step up. They had us dead after game one and TCU as a loss.

It is ok guys to say you panicked.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Quote from: runninhog on September 11, 2016, 06:40:11 am
I still think we can get to 9.

I have said that all along. Read all of my quotes from last week.  8)

We still have a long way to go, but that was one hell of a game.

Cinco de Hogo

I'm still at "I don't know".  We will win all our OOC games now.  Can we go 4-4 or better in the SEC?  Tall order isn't it?

Mr_Boar

From the beginning, I said we'd lose two games all year. After last week's 1 point win over LA Tech, I didn't even log into Hogville all week sensing that my 2 loss prediction was null-in-void. But, after last night's performance and the maturity and grit seen by AA, Ellis, Pulley, Sprinkle, etc. I think this team can actually do it. Call me a homer, yes, and I probably am, but I'm drinkin the Kool-Aid.

Shoot, depending on the outcome of the A&M game, I may switch my prediction to a college football playoff birth :)

farmhawg

2-0
Texas state   Win
Tamu            Loss
Alcorn state.  Win
Bama             Loss
Ol piss.        Loss
Auburn.       Toss up
Florida.    Loss
Lsu.        Loss
Mistake.  Win
Misery.    Win

6-6 win bowl for 7-5

Hope it's wrong and we finish 9-3
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

cpohog

Nope! Sticking to my original 7-5 prediction.

I had TCU as a loss. So that allows for a loss in the SEC W that I may have been too generous on. LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss are still undecided simply because they are the same teams as last year as far as how they are playing right now.....We however are not the same as last year and that is what makes these games so hard to decide.

HotlantaHog

I am moving to 9-3 from 8-4 ... had assumed TCU would be a close loss.

That assumes Hogs win 4-3 among Texas A&M, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU and Florida...

GuvHog

I'm still sticking with my 9-3 prediction. This win over TCU means the Hogs are very likely to go 4-0 in non-conference play which makes me feel even stronger about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkSoda

from 10-2 to 7-5 to 9-3.   

this is going to be a crazy year, I got no clue how it will shake out, but if I make enough predictions, one is bound to be right.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dionysos25

Not much of a prediction if you change it week to week.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dionysos25 on September 12, 2016, 03:42:48 pm
Not much of a prediction if you change it week to week.
lol, all I know is come game day, I'm sure we are going to win.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: cpohog on September 11, 2016, 11:10:42 am
Nope! Sticking to my original 7-5 prediction.

I had TCU as a loss. So that allows for a loss in the SEC W that I may have been too generous on. LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss are still undecided simply because they are the same teams as last year as far as how they are playing right now.....We however are not the same as last year and that is what makes these games so hard to decide.

You're going to be shocked this year then...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

BorderPatrol

Quote from: farmhawg on September 11, 2016, 10:49:28 am
2-0
Texas state   Win
Tamu            Loss
Alcorn state.  Win
Bama             Loss
Ol piss.        Loss
Auburn.       Toss up
Florida.    Loss
Lsu.        Loss
Mistake.  Win
Misery.    Win

6-6 win bowl for 7-5

Hope it's wrong and we finish 9-3

Just curious, how is that possible?

bp

MJ2

I had 4-8 before the season, so now I'm jumping to 5-7 with the TCU win.