Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Prep - From The hollar

Started by HillBillyHogfan, June 10, 2015, 01:49:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HillBillyHogfan

Hey man, if that other goob can have an article on here, then so can I.  Welcome to my column.

I thought it would be good to share a little of my hillbilly wisdom and advise here.  I know my knowledge will be lacking and I respect all feedback. 

This season will make 30 years of attending hog games for me and I have been a fan since birth.  As an Ozarkian and class of 1999 alumn I hope to share a little of my hog experience. 

Today's post... preparing to attend a hog game... or simply "Game Prep"

There are a few things that you need to know before attending a hog game. 

#1 Pay attention to the weather.  If the game is in Fayetteville then there are a few rules of thumb you need to know. If the predicted temp is over 80 then plan for it to be 10 degrees hotter.  If the temp is below 70 then plan for 10 degrees cooler.  Dress in layers, you can always remove clothes if you get too hot.

If the game is in little rock then don't worry about the cold.  There will be a fat chick from south-east Arkansas that will be more than happy to     keep you warm.

#2  Make sure you are properly hydrated.  I prefer the banquet beer on game day, it comes from a rocky mountain stream so you know there is water in it. 

#3  Find an old short bus and weld a smoker to it... then drive that sumbee to the game.  Have some pork ready to throw in the smoker.  Some opposing fans think they are insulting us by eating pig on game day, this couldn't be further from the truth. We love pig here in Arkansas, especially when it is slow cooked over wood smoke.

#4  If you are planning the trip to Little Rock, map your route as to avoid North Little Rock, East Little Rock, South Little Rock and Southwest Little rock.... this will keep you safe.  The rest of little rock is a pretty nice city.

#5  Start practicing the hog call now... the "aawooooo" hog call is a disease that has affected many, don't let it get you next.

Well, thats about it for now... please add any advise you may have as well.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

jgphillips3

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 10, 2015, 02:05:53 pm
Who is HillBillyHogFan?

Thank you so much... I was hoping to get this response.  +1
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

intelligence

I enjoyed this post HillBillyHog. +1 and keep it coming

GolfnHog

Now this is information and a style I could get use to seeing on a weekly basis here in the 'Ville.  I did read!!!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

sowmonella

You nailed it Hillybilly! :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfnHog on June 10, 2015, 03:32:59 pm
Now this is information and a style I could get use to seeing on a weekly basis here in the 'Ville.  I did read!!!
I did as well. More than I could ever say about that other goob which publishes a so called weekly column.

Inhogswetrust

Thanks Hilbilly! That was much more entertaining, better writing and relevant than everything that other goob writes.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King TUSKankahamun

Didn't read

But Hypothetically +1
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

BPsTheMan

This column gave me herpes

But it had a little bit of Bleacher Report feel with the pics, so I'm going with a thumbs up

Then again, now I'll have to figure out how to get rid of herpes

Nipsey Mussle

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 10, 2015, 07:05:45 pm

But it had a little bit of Bleacher Report feel with the pics, so I'm going with a thumbs up

That's what you get for not typing with your fingers.............
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

bphi11ips

Needs a slideshow.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

ICEman

This post should about 'advise' should come with some kind of 'adviceory'.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TomasPistola

This was way better than From the Bench, and marginally better than From the Beach.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgmasta

The Everyman's Robert Sheilds. Wait, who is .  .  . ?

TXArcher

Roberts going to be upset. I hope this doesn't cause an escalation in the number of From the Bench reports.

HappyFan

You can't get rid of your Herpes you can only share it with your corndog buddies.

nchogg

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hoghiker

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Biggus Piggus

This is important and valuable perspective on the Razorback fan experience.
[CENSORED]!