Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early AP 2015-16 bowl projections

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, June 09, 2015, 09:29:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

Hmmm, I can't see everyone abandoning Florida for a week in the sun on the sandy beaches of the Red River in Shreveport.  Though I do think 8+ wins will lock Arkansas in a match with one of the B1G teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bowl-projections-2015-16-postseason-225403222--ncaaf.html

Independence Bowl Miami vs. Florida
Texas Bowl Texas A&M vs. Texas
Birmingham Bowl Memphis vs. Mississippi State
Belk Bowl North Carolina State vs. Missouri
Music City Bowl Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee
Peach Bowl Alabama vs. Clemson
Outback Bowl Nebraska vs. Arkansas
Citrus Bowl Wisconsin vs. LSU
Sugar Bowl Georgia vs. TCU
TaxSlayer Bowl Iowa vs. South Carolina
Liberty Bowl Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss

College Football Playoff semifinal at Cotton Bowl Notre Dame vs. Auburn
College Football Playoff semifinal at Orange Bowl Ohio State vs. Baylor
College Football Championship Game Ohio State vs. Auburn

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Torqued pork

Bama reduced to the Peach Bowl would make me smile.

Mike_e

Does anyone really think that pellini (sp) would want more of CBB? ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Torqued pork on June 10, 2015, 03:00:56 am
And Ole Piss in the Liberty Bowl haha

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 09, 2015, 11:32:26 pm
Auburn? Really?
Yeah I really hope we nip that one at the bud in Fayetteville! WPS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: Mike_e on June 10, 2015, 07:04:06 am

Wow!

MuskogeeHogFan

If he were still at Nebraska, I am sure he wouldn't relish the opportunity.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Torqued pork on June 10, 2015, 03:00:56 am

Could happen this year.  I also believe we'll end up in a better bowl.

gmarv

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

something to think and smile about would be bammer and awburn fighting over who gets to go to the peach bowl.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on June 09, 2015, 09:29:17 pm
Hmmm, I can't see everyone abandoning Florida for a week in the sun on the sandy beaches of the Red River in Shreveport.  Though I do think 8+ wins will lock Arkansas in a match with one of the B1G teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bowl-projections-2015-16-postseason-225403222--ncaaf.html

Independence Bowl Miami vs. Florida
Texas Bowl Texas A&M vs. Texas
Birmingham Bowl Memphis vs. Mississippi State
Belk Bowl North Carolina State vs. Missouri
Music City Bowl Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee
Peach Bowl Alabama vs. Clemson
Outback Bowl Nebraska vs. Arkansas
Citrus Bowl Wisconsin vs. LSU
Sugar Bowl Georgia vs. TCU
TaxSlayer Bowl Iowa vs. South Carolina
Liberty Bowl Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss

College Football Playoff semifinal at Cotton Bowl Notre Dame vs. Auburn
College Football Playoff semifinal at Orange Bowl Ohio State vs. Baylor
College Football Championship Game Ohio State vs. Auburn

Looks to me like he has the pecking order in the SEC like this:

West
Auburn
LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Texas A & M
Miss St

East
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina
Missouri
Florida
Kentucky or Vandy

navyhog24

No way LSU finishes in the top half of the West with their lack of a QB. Losing Chavis and adding Orgeron doesn't help. Yes, Orgeron is a good recruiter, but they hired Kevin Steele to replace Chavis. That's a huge downgrade.

Also, Auburn is getting way too much love/hype. Will Muschamp isn't going to improve them that drastically from a 7-5 team with the defensive losses they had.

This is the Hogs' best chance to do something with what we have returning returning and the uncertainty with the other teams in the division. Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss will be having new QB's. Auburn is typically overrated. Teams have figured out Kevin Sumlin by now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 10, 2015, 08:17:25 am
No way LSU finishes in the top half of the West with their lack of a QB. Losing Chavis and adding Orgeron doesn't help. Yes, Orgeron is a good recruiter, but they hired Kevin Steele to replace Chavis. That's a huge downgrade.

Also, Auburn is getting way too much love/hype. Will Muschamp isn't going to improve them that drastically from a 7-5 team with the defensive losses they had.

This is the Hogs' best chance to do with what we have returning returning and the uncertainty with the other teams in the division. Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss will be having new QB's. Auburn is typically overrated. Teams have figured out Kevin Sumlin by now.

I agree.  I also don't understand all the love for Auburn.  I think we could really thump them this year.

EastexHawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 10, 2015, 08:17:25 am
No way LSU finishes in the top half of the West with their lack of a QB.

Haven't they accomplished everything they have for the last 6-7 years without a QB?  Miles is to QB selection and development what a Rhode Island Red rooster is to brain surgery.

Paul

If we're in the mix for a Florida bowl vs a BIG team, it'll likely be vs Wiskey.  No way they could resist a Bielema/Alvarez cage match!

go hogues

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 10, 2015, 08:00:30 am

WEST
Auburn
Alabama
Arkansas
State
LSU
Texas A & M
Ole Piss

My prediction
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

trashcan maN

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 10, 2015, 08:00:30 am

West
Auburn
LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Texas A & M
Miss St

East
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina
Missouri
Florida
Kentucky or Vandy

The Peach Bowl is in the Playoff rotation. It's a better bowl than the Citrus. Bama would be #2 in the West if the bowls fell this way

Porcius Magnus

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 10, 2015, 07:24:28 am
If he were still at Nebraska, I am sure he wouldn't relish the opportunity.
Mike Riley is Nebraska's Head Coach.  Bo Pelini is at Youngstown State.

Boarmonger

Quote from: Paul on June 10, 2015, 09:06:08 am
If we're in the mix for a Florida bowl vs a BIG team, it'll likely be vs Wiskey.  No way they could resist a Bielema/Alvarez cage match!

Literally.  Alveraz might lose another coach be forced to take the field again.  What a scene!

Hogarusa

Way to keep up
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

jry04

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 09, 2015, 11:32:26 pm
Auburn? Really?

They are loaded, and got Muschamp as their DC. Pretty solid pick, to be honest. Their backup QB is probably better than Marshall, and they only lost a few key players, but have had a top 10 class since Gus took the job.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Boarmonger on June 10, 2015, 10:15:36 am
Literally.  Alveraz might lose another coach be forced to take the field again.  What a scene!

Think about this...............Bo gets fired at Nebraska and they hire Mike Riley from Oregon State, THEN Gary Andersen leaves Wisconsin FOR Oregon State. Uncanny.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bigbadhog

Fired...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

go hogues

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 10, 2015, 11:23:32 am
Think about this...............Bo gets fired at Nebraska and they hire Mike Riley from Oregon State, THEN Gary Andersen leaves Wisconsin FOR Oregon State. Uncanny.
No way. Would never happen...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on June 10, 2015, 11:13:21 am
They are loaded, and got Muschamp as their DC. Pretty solid pick, to be honest. Their backup QB is probably better than Marshall, and they only lost a few key players, but have had a top 10 class since Gus took the job.

They were 7-5 with more talent last year. 

And Muschamp will do a great job as a junior high male cheerleader, but beyond that, not so much.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LRRandy

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 10, 2015, 04:13:19 pm
16-0 next year is my prediction
youll be replacing a three year starter at  Qb.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Porcius Magnus on June 10, 2015, 10:11:21 am
Mike Riley is Nebraska's Head Coach.  Bo Pelini is at Youngstown State.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said that.
Go Hogs Go!

thefisher

Good matchup.  One I think the Hogs would do well in.

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

HoopS

I don't know. Youngstown St is in a good position to go to a major bowl and they seem to want a piece of us from the comments in that article. Some believe they are primed for the playoffs this season. Bo saw a chance to go to a major player and jumped at it. Kudos to him.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Citrus Bowl vs Wisconson, Michigan, or Penn State would be great.

Would also enhance Florida recruiting that Nutt never could capitalize on.

hogcard1964

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 10, 2015, 09:45:41 am
The Peach Bowl is in the Playoff rotation. It's a better bowl than the Citrus. Bama would be #2 in the West if the bowls fell this way

Oh, you're correct sorry.

hogcard1964

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 10, 2015, 09:45:41 am

So they have it as...

West
Auburn
Bama
LSU
Arkansas?

GoHogs1091

Alabama better hope that matchup with Clemson doesn't happen.  We are talking about a top 3 in the nation QB with a WR corps that will be the best WR corps in all of college football (one 5 Star ranked WR in addition to two other WRs who probably should have been 5 Star ranked).

Saban and Smart had trouble with Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel, and Deshaun Watson is a lot better passer than either Newton or Manziel.  Also, Watson is as good of a runner as Manziel.