Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench - How Do I Know It's Summer in Arkansas

Started by Robert Shields, June 08, 2015, 11:03:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

umpqua

So let me see if I have this straight.

If the swallows fly in from Capistrano then you agree with knumbnuts that it's summer in Arkansas.

If the swans fly in from Capastano then you're saying that it's some other season...like winter or something?

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: umpqua on June 12, 2015, 12:42:17 pm
So let me see if I have this straight.

If the swallows fly in from Capistrano then you agree with knumbnuts that it's summer in Arkansas.

If the swans fly in from Capastano then you're saying that it's some other season...like winter or something?

Exactly

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on June 10, 2015, 06:04:37 pm
let's see if I can 'splain this Lucy.  The question, how you know it's summer in Arkansas?, seemed sort of clichéd and stupid, so I thought I would make a play off the swallows returning to Capistrano by using swans, going for the obvious visual gag, while playing the role of the know it all idiot who takes hinself a bit too serious, (sound like anyone we know?) and using the cliché for one if the signs of spring by using the wrong friken bird returning to some island somewhere.   Thus getting the season wrong, the bird wrong and the island wrong.

In that case you got it ALL wrong because it wasn't funny either..........................

P.S. Also don't blame me for you not being familiar with other posters because I've said on Hogville more than once I don't always catch sarcasm or jokes when someone posts them. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 12, 2015, 02:12:22 pm
In that case you got it ALL wrong because it wasn't funny either..........................

P.S. Also don't blame me for you not being familiar with other posters because I've said on Hogville more than once I don't always catch sarcasm or jokes when someone posts them.

Hey dude, it's not personal.  You didn't think my post was funny.  I'll live

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on June 12, 2015, 02:25:52 pm
Hey dude, it's not personal.  You didn't think my post was funny.  I'll live

AND you didn't know if I was serious or not..........pot meet kettle.................I'll live also................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi