Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News: The Top 25 Running Backs in the Nation for 2015

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, June 07, 2015, 08:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Guess who makes the list at #10 and #11?

Arkansas continues to get a lot of positive publicity on the national scene. This kind of exposure should really help our recruiting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4638087-top-25-running-backs-nick-chubb-ezekiel-elliott-henry-fournette-cook-perine/slide/307027
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

I like what he wrote at the end of Williams intro

"Will be a key factor in Arkansas rise to the SEC elite"

MuskogeeHogFan

The only ones with two RB's named were Arkansas, Alabama and Oregon. Pretty exciting stuff leading up to the season and I am very happy for both of our guys. "You get what you earn".-Bielema
Go Hogs Go!

nchogg

Yes AC and JW will both have good years. I also expect to see KW in the lime light. We will have 3 RB's wreck havoc.

HAWG MAFIA

Agree, KW will have some big runs in late game situations.

RAZORHOGG15

I don't get all the Leonard Fournette hype.  I think he is good, but the #3 back in the nation seems like a stretch.  Maybe it's just me
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

WizardofhOgZ

It's funny, but every time a team has two elite running backs, the media feels compelled to force them into a "thunder and lightning" label.  As in, one HAS to be MUCH faster, and the other HAS to be much more powerful.  Sometimes it's that way, but sometimes it's not.  I can't count the number of times I heard staling heads talk about Felix as the "speed" guy, when I knew he wasn't any faster than DMac, and probably not quite as fast.

Personally, if I was rating both of our current guys on 3 dimensions - speed, elusiveness and power, here's what I'd say:

Speed                       Elusiveness                        Power

Collins                    8                                 8                               6.5

Williams                  8                                 6.5                            7.5

In other words, they are much more alike than they are different.  They are not exactly the same, of course, and each has his own relative strengths.  But overall, they are not THAT different.  Certainly no "Thunder and Lightning" label is appropriate for them.

When they are tested for the NFL, I'll bet there is less than 1/10th of a second difference between them.  To my eye, they are both 4.45 to 4.55 guys.  Plenty fast, but not super turbo fast.  Williams is a bit bigger and seems to have more ability to "bounce" defenders off of him, but I've seen Collins break some tackles as well.  AC's biggest asset, IMO, is his quick feet.  But I've seen Williams make some nifty moves in the open field as well.

I'll take 'em both.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on June 08, 2015, 04:06:32 pm
I don't get all the Leonard Fournette hype.  I think he is good, but the #3 back in the nation seems like a stretch.  Maybe it's just me
I'm with you. And the same goes for Derrick Henry. Big scary men who can run the football. But they didn't do anything against us last season so I'm not impressed at those two at the least bit.

Hawgzinbowlz

We're in good shape, and KW impresses more and more and I would like to see him take over the FB spot. His running ability from the FB position could be very effective.

" GO HOGS "

rickm1976

I still don't see why these pundits keep putting AC ahead of JW.  I myself was really high on AC at first, but would have to rank JW slightly ahead based on their performance the past couple of years.  I guess it doesn't matter.  They're both as good as they come, and we're lucky to have them.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on June 08, 2015, 04:50:45 pm
It's funny, but every time a team has two elite running backs, the media feels compelled to force them into a "thunder and lightning" label.  As in, one HAS to be MUCH faster, and the other HAS to be much more powerful.  Sometimes it's that way, but sometimes it's not.  I can't count the number of times I heard staling heads talk about Felix as the "speed" guy, when I knew he wasn't any faster than DMac, and probably not quite as fast.

Personally, if I was rating both of our current guys on 3 dimensions - speed, elusiveness and power, here's what I'd say:

Speed                       Elusiveness                        Power

Collins                    8                                 8                               6.5

Williams                  8                                 6.5                            7.5

In other words, they are much more alike than they are different.  They are not exactly the same, of course, and each has his own relative strengths.  But overall, they are not THAT different.  Certainly no "Thunder and Lightning" label is appropriate for them.

When they are tested for the NFL, I'll bet there is less than 1/10th of a second difference between them.  To my eye, they are both 4.45 to 4.55 guys.  Plenty fast, but not super turbo fast.  Williams is a bit bigger and seems to have more ability to "bounce" defenders off of him, but I've seen Collins break some tackles as well.  AC's biggest asset, IMO, is his quick feet.  But I've seen Williams make some nifty moves in the open field as well.

I'll take 'em both.

I actually suspect that Williams has higher top end speed while Collins may accelerate a little quicker.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.