Started by The_Boot_stops_here, April 16, 2016, 05:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

That's 3 o-linemen in the last 11 days. Much needed depth

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Kevin

Is coach Anderson getting it done?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ckhawgu

Wildhog

Glad to see them finally taking a different approach to OL recruiting.  WPS!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

azhog10

What's the competition level in his video? He's not been evaluated yet but man he has a mean streak about him. Loves to put people on the ground and can really move.

Wildhog

Three solid developmental OT prospects in the fold already.  NOW we can be as picky as we want, and put the full court press on our top prospects. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

rzrbackramsfan

HogBreath

Welcome aboard Shane, think you have made a great decision for you and the Razorbacks!!!  WPS!!!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

secneahog

This is big time talent. I'll take anyone Anderson and Bielema want.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to " THE HILL " Mr. Shane Clenin.

Coach Kurt Anderson is getting it done.

" GO HOGS "

Hawghiggs

Glad to have him and glad to be recruiting Missouri more.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nwahogfan1

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Wildhog on April 16, 2016, 05:56:47 pm
Three solid developmental OT prospects in the fold already.  NOW we can be as picky as we want, and put the full court press on our top prospects.

I like this framing.  Is it what's going on?  I don't mean to cast aspersions on any of our commits, but I can't help but notice that these are guys who are largely unsought by our direct competition.  But I like the idea of these being players, on the OL especially, who can be developed, players who can start as 4th-year juniors. Anderson and Bielema see the potential and are perfectly happy going with them for the long haul.  Meanwhile, if we can attract any obvious superstars, great. We already have money in the bank.

EFBAB

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on April 17, 2016, 08:10:28 am
I like this framing.  Is it what's going on?  I don't mean to cast aspersions on any of our commits, but I can't help but notice that these are guys who are largely unsought by our direct competition.  But I like the idea of these being players, on the OL especially, who can be developed, players who can start as 4th-year juniors. Anderson and Bielema see the potential and are perfectly happy going with them for the long haul.  Meanwhile, if we can attract any obvious superstars, great. We already have money in the bank.

EFBAB
You hit the bullseye with your post.  I had the chance to talk to Shane and his dad two weeks ago and yesterday as well.  Great kid.  Get him to Coach Herbert and start putting on the muscle. He could easily carry 310.  Guys like Skipper and Ragnow that see time from day 1 are not a sign of strength, but a sign of the weakness that we had when Coach Bielema got here. When we can start guys that have been 2 or 3 years in the program, that's what Coach Buelema wants. Get them and build them.  Sure, occasionally there will be a high schooler that is physically ready as a freshman, but that's few and far between.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

jjdlc

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on April 17, 2016, 08:10:28 am

EFBAB

Exactly, You build your foundation out of guys like this, who you develop for a few years, they know their role very well, and are solid.  Then you look for a few highly rated prospects to plug in around them.  You end up with a very solid line, with plenty of good depth to be able to absorb injuries and such.

RedyorNot

Totally agree EFBAB and well spoken. CBB's blueprint with O Lineman has always been solid.

Deep Shoat

I just think they are taking guys they really want.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 17, 2016, 11:50:49 am
I just think they are taking guys they really want.

No one's said anything to the contrary.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Could it be that this is a difference in philosophy between Anderson and Pittman? Pittman wanted mostly highly rated guys and would tolerate less numbers but Anderson wants numbers with the highly rated guys? If so its a welcomed change IMO.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 17, 2016, 12:43:53 pm
Could it be that this is a difference in philosophy between Anderson and Pittman? Pittman wanted mostly highly rated guys and would tolerate less numbers but Anderson wants numbers with the highly rated guys? If so its a welcomed change IMO.

If you're saying that balance is important, then I agree. We were sacrificing depth by not being able to close on enough highly rated guys that Pittman was after. However, ideally, we will be able to add some of the highly rated guys to the depth and potential we've added already. This could work out quite well

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 17, 2016, 01:12:59 pm
If you're saying that balance is important, then I agree. We were sacrificing depth by not being able to close on enough highly rated guys that Pittman was after. However, ideally, we will be able to add some of the highly rated guys to the depth and potential we've added already. This could work out quite well

I've been wanting us to do this for years now.  I'm really excited about building actual depth. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

whosiskid

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 17, 2016, 10:13:43 am
You hit the bullseye with your post.  I had the chance to talk to Shane and his dad two weeks ago and yesterday as well.  Great kid.  Get him to Coach Herbert and start putting on the muscle. He could easily carry 310.  Guys like Skipper and Ragnow that see time from day 1 are not a sign of strength, but a sign of the weakness that we had when Coach Bielema got here. When we can start guys that have been 2 or 3 years in the program, that's what Coach Buelema wants. Get them and build them.  Sure, occasionally there will be a high schooler that is physically ready as a freshman, but that's few and far between.

I largely agree and hope we get there, though there is a real chance that Heinrich will see major PT in the fall, especially given that no one has stepped up to take the RG spot. Could be worse though. It is pretty amazing that Hjalte Froholt stepped up and locked down the LG spot. I don't remember the last time someone flipped from defense to offense and made a big difference that quickly. It is pretty huge for a program for someone to step up and take a position that you expected to be filled with uncertainty become a position that is suddenly stable. Froholt will likely be a three year starter on the OL. Maybe Jamario Bell will make the same kind of impact at TE.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: whosiskid on April 17, 2016, 03:40:55 pm
I largely agree and hope we get there, though there is a real chance that Heinrich will see major PT in the fall, especially given that no one has stepped up to take the RG spot. Could be worse though. It is pretty amazing that Hjalte Froholt stepped up and locked down the LG spot. I don't remember the last time someone flipped from defense to offense and made a big difference that quickly. It is pretty huge for a program for someone to step up and take a position that you expected to be filled with uncertainty become a position that is suddenly stable. Froholt will likely be a three year starter on the OL. Maybe Jamario Bell will make the same kind of impact at TE.
Its strange how things like this (position changes) really effect a player. I know people hear this all the time but JJ Watt was a undersized TE coming to Wisconsin before he flipped over to DE (size was quickly a non factor). I'm very interested to see how they perform in the spring game. I wish I knew more about the mentality/aggression difference that makes some of these changes from O/D so pivotal.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

SamBuckhart

Welcome, Mr. Clenin. Wooo Pig!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Cinco de Hogo

I already mentioned in another OT commits thread that it seems we are going after lighter commits and this is the third this year.  I have no doubt that all of them have upside and will play heavier but it's going to be interesting to see if we stay as heavy as the past three years.  With Enos and Anderson I think it's likely we go lighter and faster...but not by much.

smb

Thanks for being UNCOMMON and a hog!
GeorgiaHOG

secneahog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on April 18, 2016, 05:32:46 am
I already mentioned in another OT commits thread that it seems we are going after lighter commits and this is the third this year.  I have no doubt that all of them have upside and will play heavier but it's going to be interesting to see if we stay as heavy as the past three years.  With Enos and Anderson I think it's likely we go lighter and faster...but not by much.

Lighter as in what?  Also depends on the oline position. 

We don't need to go lighter imo.  Bama is still there...

We need to be fundamentally sound and not have mistakes.  We need to move bodies when we need too.

We're not running a hurry up offense, that runs alot of screens...

We're a pro style offense that will be physical at the line and have our qb step up in a U pocket for him.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2016, 11:17:47 am

We need to be fundamentally sound and not have mistakes.  We need to move bodies when we need too.

We're a pro style offense that will be physical at the line and have our qb step up in a U pocket for him.

Yeah, some forget we had Diesch committed at around 250-260 last summer.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2016, 11:17:47 am

Pro style huh?  So we were heavier than any pro team as college players. Does that mean the NFL will trim them down so they can play real pro style ball? 

When we wind up in the range of 315 avg and people talk about it you will call people names and tell them CBB knows what he's doing(which I agree with).  I set back and laugh at you reactions.