Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Losoya CA OG Possible Late Addition??

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 12, 2016, 04:02:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

https://twitter.com/Alex_Losoya59/status/719681356125462528
Otis posted this about 6 hours ago. http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-offers-another-Class-of-2016-target-44761306

I'm not exactly sure of the situation on this one. If he is a JUCO full qualifier with 4 years to play 3, will he count back for the 2016 class if he commits? He looks really good on film. He seems to have a good punch of the LOS with enough athleticism to be an effective pulling guard. It would be a much needed addition. If anyone knows more about this feel free to chime in.

http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Losoya-90944

Highlights
HS: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1476708/alex-losoya
JUCO: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5396345/alex-losoya

He made a trip to TTU about four days ago.
https://twitter.com/Alex_Losoya59/status/718570119383769089

RyeHogFan

He won me over with that 'stache.  SIGN HIM UP NOW COACH!!  :D :razorback:

whippersnapper

Hopefully he can meet KA soon if he hasn't. We are his best offer from that list on 24/7 IMO.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

looks like a guy that can play guard or center..  seems to have quick feet.  I likeee

The_Boot_stops_here

at the least, would add depth at position that we badly need it

Piggfoot

Looks like he needs about a year of Herbanizing.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

OLDHOG

Quote from: Piggfoot on April 12, 2016, 11:24:22 am
Looks like he needs about a year of Herbanizing.
Yep. Looks like a good foundation to start with, tho.

secneahog

He looks more ready then Malone looked like coming from juco.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Seebs

Herb will fix this - or we will at least get him a larger shirt. For Goodness sake - how deep is that belly button? I can fit a 40 in that.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

getting him and the guy with the camera phone and we will be solid depth wise

secneahog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on April 12, 2016, 01:49:13 pm
getting him and the guy with the camera phone and we will be solid depth wise

Yes.  Ramirez will be solid.

ricepig

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 12, 2016, 04:15:48 pm
That's actually pretty interesting.  I think he could do well there.
He had a better Senior year over at HarBer than that traitor who is warming the bench at Bama. I like this kids motor.

Wildhog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 12, 2016, 04:32:44 pm
He had a better Senior year over at HarBer than that traitor who is warming the bench at Bama. I like this kids motor.

Well, he's got the size to work with.  And while he might be slightly under-athletic for the DL, he'd be a very athletic OT.  He's still got plenty of time to develop, too. 

Great move, IMO.
1909/1964/1965/1977

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He's a take because of the depth issues we have and also because if it helps us get an in at Mater Dei that's a well that can pay off for decades.

Somehow Oklahoma does well in Southern California, maybe all those Okies that moved to Bakersfield in the 30's and to open up their oil fields before that gives kids a heritage connection to OU that stops at the stateline.  Getting viable interest from Mater Dei kids starts with other kids and older teammates coming back telling great things about Arkansas.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 12, 2016, 04:40:44 pm
Well, he's got the size to work with.  And while he might be slightly under-athletic for the DL, he'd be a very athletic OT.  He's still got plenty of time to develop, too. 

Great move, IMO.

I thought you were one of the ppl who were saying he would eventually end up as an OL, maybe I am mistaken or thinking about Kraus.

Wildhog

Quote from: ARtillahog on April 13, 2016, 09:12:34 am
I thought you were one of the ppl who were saying he would eventually end up as an OL, maybe I am mistaken or thinking about Kraus.

I talked about it a little earlier this year, IIRC.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JIHawg

The 2016 class is filling out nicely, meeting all our needs with quality.

oldfart

always great having 4 to play 3. can redshirt and have a development year then 3 to contribute on field

nwahogfan1

Quote from: oldfart on April 15, 2016, 05:10:31 pm
always great having 4 to play 3. can redshirt and have a development year then 3 to contribute on field

I agree. If he doesn't get on the 1st unit and plays this year then he can R/S.

Trey1981

Per RD, received an offer from Auburn today

colbs

It's crazy, Arkansas offers some of these players before really anyone else and then others schools follow.  It just shows what great evaluators the staff are.  It also makes you wonder if some other teams are just letting Arkansas evaluate for them.

sickboy

Quote from: colbs on April 17, 2016, 02:46:13 pm
It's crazy, Arkansas offers some of these players before really anyone else and then others schools follow.  It just shows what great evaluators the staff are.  It also makes you wonder if some other teams are just letting Arkansas evaluate for them.

Nothing you can do about that. Except try to keep your evaluations and visits as secret as possible, but in this day and age -- good luck.

whosiskid

Quote from: sickboy on April 17, 2016, 03:00:55 pm
Nothing you can do about that. Except try to keep your evaluations and visits as secret as possible, but in this day and age -- good luck.

Plus the kids want it known that schools are looking at them. We'd never even try to keep an evaluation secret.

I remember when we were the first school to offer Ezekiel Eliott. Man, I wanted that kid. But then he got a huge swath of offers, including OSU. Looking at it differently, the fact that these other schools also offer means we are finding great kids.

On the flipside, we often offer kids other schools discovered or offered first.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

The_Boot_stops_here

It shouldn't matter that Aubbie has offered. We're the better offer. Better than offer he has at this point actually

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 17, 2016, 05:13:31 pm
It shouldn't matter that Aubbie has offered. We're the better offer. Better than offer he has at this point actually
Amen. The bus is on fire over there on the plains

rljjr

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 17, 2016, 05:15:16 pm
Amen. The bus is on fire over there on the plains

Truth. I know spring games aren't the end-all-be-all of what a team will be, but there was a HUGE difference between their game and most of the other SEC programs. AU looked awful.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

How ethical of Gus to offer while he's on his visit to Arkansas.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on April 17, 2016, 08:33:39 pm
How ethical of Gus to offer while he's on his visit to Arkansas.

Can't say I blame him. And I'm a Gus hater