Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chicago LB giddy after getting Hogs offer

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 21, 2016, 06:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Coach Anderson working Chicagoland.

New Arkansas offensive line coach Kurt Anderson's Chicago background has opened up a new avenue for Hogs recruiting in Illinois.

One target is junior linebacker Micah Awodiran, 6-1, 215 pounds, of Chicago Marist High School.

Awodiran received a scholarship offer from the Razorbacks on March 9 to go along with 17 others from schools like Minnesota, Boston College, Illinois and Indiana.

Awodiran said he was overjoyed to get an offer from the Hogs.

"It was absolutely amazing," said Awodiran, who plans to visit the Hogs for a spring practice.

Awodiran said his high school coach at Marist, Pat Dunne, has known Coach Bret Bielema since Bielema's days at Wisconsin.

Awodiran, who reports a 4.5 grade point average, plans to major in political science. He has scored a 27 on the ACT, but isn't happy with that.

"I'm definitely trying to get higher on that, I'm taking it on April 9th," Awodiran said.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/mar/20/chicago-lb-giddy-after-getting-hogs-off-1/?sports-college-razorbacks
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Micah, and his mom, have the attitude we need. Nice aspirations for this young man.

Coach Anderson is helping to open doors in a new recruiting area.

" GO HOGS "

Paul

LJHOG

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

jackflash

I might get a little giddy when he commits

scruf

Quote from: LJHOG on March 21, 2016, 01:31:03 pm
and small

Dre Greenlaw was 6'0", 206 coming out after his senior season but now a junior that's 6'1", 215 is small? lol, ok guru you obviously win

1highhog

and small

Hmmm, small you say?  He's a Junior, he's got plenty of time to grow, besides, height wise, I guess that's what you're talking about, theirs LB's in the NFL shorter.

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on March 21, 2016, 03:44:23 pm
Hmmm, small you say?  He's a Junior, he's got plenty of time to grow, besides, height wise, I guess that's what you're talking about, theirs LB's in the NFL shorter.

He probably was complaining on Dre being too "big" last month.......

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2016, 03:51:31 pm
He probably was complaining on Dre being too "big" last month.......
True. Some people have decided not to be happy at all costs.

HamSammich

Von Miller who I consider one of the best linebackers in the history of the game was 6-2 220lbs as a senior in HS if memory serves me (It may not).

Im not worried about a Jrs Size. Im more worried about character (willingness to take coaching and improve), drive, and motor.

This guy looks great to me.

Go Hogs

MuskogeeHogFan

and small

You have no idea. This kid is a Jr. in high school. Alabama's entire roster of LB's (from just signed to Sr's) average just over 6-2 and 231 lbs. Ours average 6-1, 230. I guess you think that this kid is finished growing at 6-1, 215 as a Jr. in high school? Good grief, man.
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 21, 2016, 05:33:00 pm
You have no idea. This kid is a Jr. in high school. Alabama's entire roster of LB's (from just signed to Sr's) average just over 6-2 and 231 lbs. Ours average 6-1, 230. I guess you think that this kid is finished growing at 6-1, 215 as a Jr. in high school? Good grief, man.

Yep I gained 25 lbs. from my junior to senior year.

As a soph I was 5'8 145lbs., when I graduated I was 5'10 210lbs. and not fat (played FB and LB).

End of my freshman year in college I was 225lbs. and again not fat.

It's amazing how much kids can grow from one year to the next especially when they're on the weights.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!