Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivals is terrible

Started by scruf, March 18, 2016, 03:30:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 22, 2016, 04:29:57 pm
You make this same, ignorant argument about everything.  And you are wrong all the time. 

"247 is most popular on Hogville because they rank us higher".  "Everyone loves the coach until he is gone then everyone attacks him."  Wrong on both counts.  People like 247 because they obviously put more effort into assessment of players.  And people don't like Bobby and Dale because Bobby and Dale crapped all over our beloeved football program.

And you are one of a handful of people constantly attacking people with the personal insults...yet always allowed to do so. Congrats on that.

This is almost complete derailment of the original topic but I guess I'll bite. To my knowledge/memory this is the first time I've actually commented on 247. I rarely even post in recruiting...I do follow generalities as far as who we offer and who commits.

But understand, I've been on here since 2005 and I've watched the evolution of these recruiting websites and how they are taken on here. Popularity wise throughout the years..it's gone from Rivals, to Scout, to ESPN, and now 247. The newest one is usually the most popular. I did not know that 247 uses a composite of all the recruiting websites...I actually do think that's a good idea.

Has zero to do with this thread, but yes...the coach worship on here is beyond believable, up until they are gone of course. Then revisionist history abounds. The worship was the worst with Petrino...yes we won a lot of games but he was far from perfect recruiting wise and wasn't a nice guy like people would try and convince otherwise lol. It just never ceases to amaze me. These are temporary guys...outsiders most of the time...here to COACH, and our fan base treats these guys like they are Gods that can do no wrong and the best we have ever had and will ever have.

Remember the "BP edited" shirts? LOL get real. People trying to spin his later classes into good classes? That list can go on and on. I look at it like this...we get the most we can out of these guys while they are here...realize it for what it is as far as their ceiling...and then move on to the next with the same attitude. Average lifespan for a head coach is prob 5-8 years.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Obi-Hawg Kenobi

Quote from: HogNDas on March 21, 2016, 10:32:00 am
You are right....just ignore things that are negative about our recruiting and only focus on the things we are doing well/correct.  If you post anything other than positive, then you are a Gus Lover (actually BP!)....
GUILTY!
I loved Gus and BP's systems. 
TRUST IN THE FORCE!!!  LET IT FLOW ALL THROUGHOUT YOU!!

Obi-Hawg Kenobi

To be honest, Tom Lemming always ranks our recruits the highest.  No matter how bad they may be.   That guy would rank someone like Dowell Loggains a 4* QB prospect for us.  lol
TRUST IN THE FORCE!!!  LET IT FLOW ALL THROUGHOUT YOU!!