Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren WR Treylon Burks

Started by AirWarren, February 24, 2016, 02:59:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehog92

Does this put a stop to the theory that this staff has to KNOW a kid will qualify before they extend an offer in state?

I think it's time we just admit we have no idea how this staff operates behind the scenes when it comes to recruiting or why they do it.  For every message board wisdom of sages about this staff, there is an example counter to it.  The only thing I've seen consistent is they work hard when they pick out a target.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 29, 2016, 02:33:36 pm
Does this put a stop to the theory that this staff has to KNOW a kid will qualify before they extend an offer in state?

I think it's time we just admit we have no idea how this staff operates behind the scenes when it comes to recruiting or why they do it.  For every message board wisdom of sages about this staff, there is an example counter to it.  The only thing I've seen consistent is they work hard when they pick out a target.

I don't think it was suggested that they know a recruit will qualify, they've given offers to sophomores in-state before, but I bet there aren't red flags suggesting there's little to no chance of qualifying.

#1 STUNNA

figured it wouldn't take long..

songofthesword

this kid is a must get, for the simple reason that if we don't get him, he's probably going to another SEC west schol like auburn or alabama an d we can't play him every year.  he's gonna be that good.

jjdlc

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 29, 2016, 02:33:36 pm

Not really seeing how you draw that conclusion.  Kid is a sophomore, it is very possible the kid already has the ACT score, I did by that point in my sophomore year.  If his GPA is high enough, I would say they could safely assume he would qualify.

AirWarren

RaisinHog

Quote from: jjdlc on March 29, 2016, 06:26:10 pm
Not really seeing how you draw that conclusion.  Kid is a sophomore, it is very possible the kid already has the ACT score, I did by that point in my sophomore year.  If his GPA is high enough, I would say they could safely assume he would qualify.

He is not a soph is a fresh but the rest of your pos t still applies

jjdlc

Right, my bad, he'll be a soph. 

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 24, 2016, 03:15:55 pm
I can see a brand new "freak out" attack brewing. Memphis has offered and yet the Hogs haven't!! Oh no, hide your women and children 'cause even though the kid still has three years 'til graduation he's not going to sign with us 'cause we weren't the first to offer! Oh the agony of it all!!   >:( :o
Whew!  Hogs have now offered.....and I think we get this in-state prospect. 

#1 STUNNA

maybe a dumb question but has Bielema ever offered an instate kid this early??

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 30, 2016, 11:12:42 am

He offered Jones early as a sophomore, but he really hasn't been here that long to scout/judge/evaluate a freshman.

AirWarren

HogNDas

Great question!....I don't think so...He is deliberate on in-state for a few reasons:

1)  We are pretty much gonna get any in-state kid we want (shhhh, don't mention KEITH JXON)
2)  We can posture the rest of our out of state recruiting emphasis when we know the in-state talent we're gonna get and go after the out of state prospects we want that are more likely to commit to us when we don't have that in-state kid that plays the same position and is committed....AND
3)  since CBB is such a great coach, he doesn't have to work as hard at recruiting...he can "coach'em up"

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on March 30, 2016, 01:24:12 pm
Great question!....I don't think so...He is deliberate on in-state for a few reasons:

1)  We are pretty much gonna get any in-state kid we want (shhhh, don't mention KEITH JXON)
2)  We can posture the rest of our out of state recruiting emphasis when we know the in-state talent we're gonna get and go after the out of state prospects we want that are more likely to commit to us when we don't have that in-state kid that plays the same position and is committed....AND
3)  since CBB is such a great coach, he doesn't have to work as hard at recruiting...he can "coach'em up"

You don't have to take a dump in every thread.

thebignasty

This kid is currently in 9th grade.

#1 STUNNA

HogNDas

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 30, 2016, 01:29:59 pm
You don't have to take a dump in every thread.
You're right.  I'm sorry...I just hate getting beat up so much, it puts me on the defensive....

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 30, 2016, 01:55:23 pm
lol I know this

Yep, Jones from Smackover, or Zach Rogers as sophomores becoming Jr's is about the earliest I remember. When did we offer Jack Anderson?

#1 STUNNA

pretty impressive to receive an offer as a freshman

MS_HogFan

Does anyone know this kid or his family? Are they HOG fans?
SOOIE

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: MS_HogFan on March 31, 2016, 08:59:59 am

I know their are a couple former hogs that are in his ears. And that has to be a plus for us!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: MS_HogFan on March 31, 2016, 08:59:59 am

I went to school with his mom, dad, and aunt. Like most kids in Arkansas, I saw them occasionally at school with hog shirts/hoodies on when we were in high school. I also know that his uncle was a superb athlete in football, track, and basketball when he was a lumberjack. He dad was also a track athlete as well but didn't play football in high school. His uncle, was probably one of the fastest lumberjack athletes that come through there. His mom was an excellent basketball player and his aunt was a basketball player, softball player and cheerleader. It's in his blood.

Just like anything else, it's going to be on him. And his future. I know all the former hogs that were lumberjacks too still go home and work out at the facilities in Warren and they also work out with the kids. Heck, the jr high ball basketball team treylon was on was given a victory speech during their last game by Jarius Wright. Luckily I think the bridges have been mended with the hogs, Warren, and our players not looking elsewhere. See jarius, Chris, Greg Vs Bret, Roshaun, and Ricardo. So I think we have a solid chance of getting him. My own personal opinion. Th Warren-razorback pipeline is established so that's a good thing.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 31, 2016, 09:55:01 am
I know their are a couple former hogs that are in his ears. And that has to be a plus for us!!!
Quote from: AP85 on March 31, 2016, 10:22:12 am
I went to school with his mom, dad, and aunt. Like most kids in Arkansas, I saw them occasionally at school with hog shirts/hoodies on when we were in high school. I also know that his uncle was a superb athlete in football, track, and basketball when he was a lumberjack. He dad was also a track athlete as well but didn't play football in high school. His uncle, was probably one of the fastest lumberjack athletes that come through there. His mom was an excellent basketball player and his aunt was a basketball player, softball player and cheerleader. It's in his blood.

Just like anything else, it's going to be on him. And his future. I know all the former hogs that were lumberjacks too still go home and work out at the facilities in Warren and they also work out with the kids. Heck, the jr high ball basketball team treylon was on was given a victory speech during their last game by Jarius Wright. Luckily I think the bridges have been mended with the hogs, Warren, and our players not looking elsewhere. See jarius, Chris, Greg Vs Bret, Roshaun, and Ricardo. So I think we have a solid chance of getting him. My own personal opinion. Th Warren-razorback pipeline is established so that's a good thing.

Thanks
SOOIE

#1 STUNNA