Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum Show in NWA

Started by spinman, June 22, 2015, 04:03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spinman

Paul Finebaum show starts Monday the 29th on 92.1 The Ticket in Northwest Arkansas. 2-6pm

Go.

Professor Psychosis

I'll stick with Bo, the Arkansas-centric show.  Despite the ignorant callers he seems to let on day after day, I like the fact that he has national guests on to talk about Arkansas-related things.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WorfHog

Not bad, I'll switch when Bo's on commercial.

HF#1

Bo will be on 92.7 in central Arkansas, thank god.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HF#1 on June 22, 2015, 08:19:12 pm
what channel in NWA?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 22, 2015, 09:01:13 pm
what channel in NWA?

99.5 in NWA. ESPN affilliate I think. Always listened to 92.1 The Ticket. This move makes perfect business sense. In my view, Bo is a talented guy. Hope they have a smooth transition over to their new home.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good. Bo is interesting, although there are times a channel change is needed.

" GO HOGS "

Dwight_K_Shrute

Very interesting and compelling choice.  Although I hate Finebaum and his band of callers, I do like that the show is more SEC Centric even with a Bama reach around.

It will give the market something that it is missing. We either get all Arkansas all the time which gets old hearing every single show talk about the same d*** thing and most of the same callers (self included on occasion), or we get national.  This will give an SEC perspective so will be a decent change of pace from the current offerings.

92.1 had a dilemma.  Opinions of Bo aside it was a very good and well produced show with a decent mix of guests and calls.  So 92.1 could have tried another local show that would have then been competing in the same overcrowded genre of Razorback focused talk.  Instead they went with a strong regional brand that people either love or hate.

Hats off to them for taking this route and giving the market something different.  If successful I could see Finebaum spreading to other stations in the state.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Biggus Piggus

Finebaum is a strange phenomenon. He has his stature solely because of the SEC Network. Before that he was legend in SEC country, but that wasn't worth much. With ESPN financially linked to the SEC to a substantial degree, it gave Finebaum a great platform. His show remains somewhat similar to what it always was. He has very good sports and media guests, but the rest of the show is dominated by his regular callers. Almost all of them are from Alabama and fighting the Bama vs. Auburn blood feud. His callers occasionally try to have opinions about something other than SEC football. When they do, it's a waste of time.

The callers are fun to listen to simply as a demonstration of the unique obsession that Southern folks have about the SEC, and the ways they express themselves can be unintentionally hilarious. The really amusing part is -- sometimes people from around the country listen to this show. They have got to wonder why they're not talking about the Yankees and Red Sox, Tom Brady, LeBron and Tiger. Why so much Alabama and Auburn?

I cringe when most Arkansas callers get on the air. Too many "we don't get respect" calls over the years. Please. Let us win something first. Something besides the Texas Bowl, or a Cotton Bowl.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Speaking of ... Nashville sports radio is dominated by discussion of the Titans and the Predators. The dimwits who run these stations don't seem to understand that people will listen to college football talk all year round. One micro-station plays Finebaum, delayed to an 8-10 pm slot.
[CENSORED]!

secneahog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 23, 2015, 01:51:04 pm
Finebaum is a strange phenomenon. He has his stature solely because of the SEC Network. Before that he was legend in SEC country, but that wasn't worth much. With ESPN financially linked to the SEC to a substantial degree, it gave Finebaum a great platform. His show remains somewhat similar to what it always was. He has very good sports and media guests, but the rest of the show is dominated by his regular callers. Almost all of them are from Alabama and fighting the Bama vs. Auburn blood feud. His callers occasionally try to have opinions about something other than SEC football. When they do, it's a waste of time.

The callers are fun to listen to simply as a demonstration of the unique obsession that Southern folks have about the SEC, and the ways they express themselves can be unintentionally hilarious. The really amusing part is -- sometimes people from around the country listen to this show. They have got to wonder why they're not talking about the Yankees and Red Sox, Tom Brady, LeBron and Tiger. Why so much Alabama and Auburn?

I cringe when most Arkansas callers get on the air. Too many "we don't get respect" calls over the years. Please. Let us win something first. Something besides the Texas Bowl, or a Cotton Bowl.

Shut out two Sec West ranked opponents back to back?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 23, 2015, 01:51:04 pm

There's several good reasons I don't listen to talk radio, Arkansas callers is not among them.  If you don't like Arkansas callers why the heck would you bother wasting your time listening to a talk show?  Why would you even worry about what an Arkansas caller called about once every week or so when ever day you are willing to listen to those idiots from Alabama.  I can't think of many things that are a bigger waste of time!

Maybe some message boards! LOL

PS: I don't even listen to the Arkansas talk shows.

PintailKiller

Quote from: HF#1 on June 22, 2015, 08:19:12 pm

92.7 has terrible reception in WLR and points east.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."