Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UTEP game at 2:30 on ESPNU and week 2 and 3 times and network.

Started by ricepig, June 18, 2015, 03:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

More to follow.

ricepig

Toledo game at 3 on SEC Alternate

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Professor Psychosis

Another mid-afternoon kickoff opening week.  What is this, the 3rd year in a row?

Obligatory "ESPN hates us" post.

ricepig

rhames

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on June 18, 2015, 03:11:48 pm
Another mid-afternoon kickoff opening week.  What is this, the 3rd year in a row?

Obligatory "ESPN hates us" post.

Not sure if you're serious but these are great times considering the opponents. You don't want those being night games because no one would watch.

Also the tech game is at 6 pm
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: rhames on June 18, 2015, 03:15:52 pm

Not sure if you're serious but these are great times considering the opponents. You don't want those being night games because no one would watch.

A little serious.  Depends on how hot it is on that particular Saturday.  80s and cloudy wouldn't be bad, but high 90s and sunny...well, better drink a lot of water.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on June 18, 2015, 03:15:52 pm

Also the tech game is at 6 pm

Yeah, no 11am times, yet......

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2015, 03:04:00 pm
More to follow.

Unfortunately, UTEP hasn't lost a season opener west of the Mississippi and north of the Arkansas with a kickoff time prior to 3 pm in 88 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 18, 2015, 03:27:36 pm
Unfortunately, UTEP hasn't lost a season opener west of the Mississippi and north of the Arkansas with a kickoff time prior to 3 pm in 88 years.

Such a shame to ruin that streak......

Professor Psychosis

It's ok, though, because Arkansas hasn't lost a single football game since I changed residences.

Sure, I only moved in the week before the Texas Bowl, but that's irrelevant!  1-0.

TomBigBeeHog

Someone dug deep to find that one. Really, who keeps up with this stuff?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

zane

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2015, 03:14:21 pm
Texas Tech at 6 on ESPN2

Ahhhh

The bloodbath will be on in prime-time

Makes me feel warm and tingly
RIP LSUfan

GolfnHog

Guess UTEP can call N. Ill. to see how that worked out last year. But that's none of my business.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Oklahawg

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on June 18, 2015, 03:30:21 pm
It's ok, though, because Arkansas hasn't lost a single football game since I changed residences.

Sure, I only moved in the week before the Texas Bowl, but that's irrelevant!  1-0.

Coach will like that 1-0 business. You may need to move every week.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

The SEC wants to enhance the image of the conference but I bet most schools want outdoor games at night the first two weekends. Woof, that sucks. Again.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 18, 2015, 04:36:13 pm
The SEC wants to enhance the image of the conference but I bet most schools want outdoor games at night the first two weekends. Woof, that sucks. Again.

I'm sure they'll be upset until they remember the $31m check.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2015, 04:40:24 pm
I'm sure they'll be upset until they remember the $31m check.

Don't you mean $3.1 million paycheck. Hell, we would be lucky to pocket that much in ticket sales.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 19, 2015, 07:16:59 pm
Don't you mean $3.1 million paycheck. Hell, we would be lucky to pocket that much in ticket sales.

I was talking about the check from the conference.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 19, 2015, 07:16:59 pm

70,000x$65= $4.5m

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2015, 07:19:12 pm
I was talking about the check from the conference.

Auburn pays their cupcakes an average of $1.6 million. I doubt we would double or triple that. That's okay Rice, we are all getting senile. But my excuse is being 66 years old.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 19, 2015, 07:27:08 pm
Auburn pays their cupcakes an average of $1.6 million. I doubt we would double or triple that. That's okay Rice, we are all getting senile. But my excuse is being 66 years old.

Dude, I'm talking about the check we get from the conference for being a member. Since we get this check, we don't decide the times of our games, they, or rather TV does. The post I quoted said we'd rather play at night, I said, we'll forget about it when we get the $31m check. Are you up to speed now?

texas tush hog

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 19, 2015, 07:31:19 pm
$31million divided by 72,000 = $430.00

Goodness you are slow tonight, read the thread, please.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2015, 07:30:13 pm
Dude, I'm talking about the check we get from the conference for being a member. Since we get this check, we don't decide the times of our games, they, or rather TV does. The post I quoted said we'd rather play at night, I said, we'll forget about it when we get the $31m check. Are you up to speed now?

Thought you were talking about UTEP's paycheck.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 19, 2015, 07:34:30 pm

Thought you were talking about UTEP's paycheck.

Nope, never said anything about that, we were discussing the kickoff times in this thread.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2015, 07:31:58 pm
Goodness you are slow tonight, read the thread, please.

Hell, I'm slow every night. Besides it's a slow news day.

HogWall Jackson

We are truly spoiled today with great coverage of both Arkansas and College Football in general. Even when we were a dominate force in College Football in 54', 65' and 66' we had 1 National Game Televised, Texas and may be 1 regional game with another hot opponent and that is a Big maybe. If we made a Bowl Game, we would see it on TV. Other than that, the radio was your friend.

The coverage of UTEP and Toledo are very fair. The 6:00 P.M. coverage of the Texas Tech game is more than fair. Now what I don't want to see is 11:00 or 11:30 SEC Games from Fayetteville or any other SEC Venue. We have certainly paid our dues in the last 2 seasons. Our team should have enough respect to avoid those time slots especially for Home Games. I live 600 miles from Fayetteville and would be disappointed to make the Trip for an 11:00 A.M. Kick Off for say Ole Miss or Miss. State. Our fans deserve some time to Tailgate and socialize before home games excluding games like Toledo or UTEP if they are to be televised.

Woo Pig!

TexArkHogFan

The one that concerns me is the SEC Alternate Channel.  I never seem to have any luck with that on Direct TV and my cable provider doesn't even offer the SEC Alternate channel as an option. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

lefty08

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on June 20, 2015, 12:38:16 pm
The one that concerns me is the SEC Alternate Channel.  I never seem to have any luck with that on Direct TV and my cable provider doesn't even offer the SEC Alternate channel as an option.

Time to break out the ole cell phone
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

texas tush hog

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on June 20, 2015, 12:38:16 pm

Sports bar time.