Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West reported a recruit was told DWRRS would expand to 90k capacity

Started by Hambone Hog, June 17, 2015, 07:39:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 25, 2015, 08:49:27 pm
But that's not what the recruit told Danny West. I see no reason why the coaches would have made the claim of an expansion to 90,000 to a recruit unless such an expansion was coming. Obviously no time table was given but you don' t start throwing stuff like that around if you're not serious about it. Not if you are a Razorback football coach.

And it's possible the recruit misspoke, didn't hear the number correctly, or its true. No one is saying the coaches are lying to recruits, but none of us were there to know what was said.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2015, 09:20:03 pm
And it's possible the recruit misspoke, didn't hear the number correctly, or its true. No one is saying the coaches are lying to recruits, but none of us were there to know what was said.
Danny West was there. I know him. He would not have posted that if he weren't sure that's what the recruit said. Danny West is also very aware of the NEZ expansion that was put into the athletic department's master plan three or four years ago which called for a modest addition of 5 to 6 thousand seats. I can't imagine him posting that and not checking to see if the recruit had misunderstood what he was told. Nonetheless I will find out for sure the next time I am around the coaches. They are all on vacation right now.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 26, 2015, 01:30:17 am
Danny West was there. I know him. He would not have posted that if he weren't sure that's what the recruit said. Danny West is also very aware of the NEZ expansion that was put into the athletic department's master plan three or four years ago which called for a modest addition of 5 to 6 thousand seats. I can't imagine him posting that and not checking to see if the recruit had misunderstood what he was told. Nonetheless I will find out for sure the next time I am around the coaches. They are all on vacation right now.

@DannyWest1:Always possible the recruit misheard the number. I've always thought 82-85k would be a nice target for RRS. Great-looking stadium already.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ricepig on June 26, 2015, 06:29:28 am
@DannyWest1:Always possible the recruit misheard the number. I've always thought 82-85k would be a nice target for RRS. Great-looking stadium already.

fix the west side and i would agree

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogfaniam on June 26, 2015, 06:38:36 am
fix the west side and i would agree

I'm more worried about the ugly NEZ. The Broyles Complex just doesn't look right anymore with all the upgrades.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 26, 2015, 08:27:46 am
I'm more worried about the ugly NEZ. The Broyles Complex just doesn't look right anymore with all the upgrades.

Another words, there is a lot left to do.

McKdaddy

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 26, 2015, 08:27:46 am

^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WriterWrong

The Broyles Complex should be made to look like a barn. Just really sell out with the hog pen idea. That would make it look better.

I think we're 2-3 years away from any upgrades. Although, Long has said he has an idea in mind for his next building project that he isn't ready to share with the public. Could be a stadium upgrade.

The_Iceman

Quote from: WriterWrong on June 26, 2015, 04:06:25 pm
The Broyles Complex should be made to look like a barn. Just really sell out with the hog pen idea. That would make it look better.

I think we're 2-3 years away from any upgrades. Although, Long has said he has an idea in mind for his next building project that he isn't ready to share with the public. Could be a stadium upgrade.

I think going in and painting the ugly tan brick would go a long way.

ricepig

To those worried about sales:

@ArkRazorbacks:FEWER than 50 single game tickets left for the Texas Tech game, only 100 left for Auburn & only 700 for Mizzou. Tix: http://t.co/wgQpxgree0