Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Razorback Football Schedule is BRUTAL!!!!

Started by Omahabound, June 11, 2015, 06:32:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Omahabound

Florida coming back on
TCU on the road
and of course the SEC west..

Rzbakfromwaybak

Nearly every year, it seems our schedule can be classified in two ways:

Brutal........& very Brutal..
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Omahabound on June 11, 2015, 06:32:11 pm
Florida coming back on
TCU on the road

I expect FL and TCU to look at us the same way-BRUTAL!!!

lahawg1

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 11, 2015, 06:42:18 pm

Maybe that's the way all college teams should make their schedule where every Saturday is a potential bowl matchup. I would rather face teams like Notre Dame or Michigan (examples) in the regular season than go to a bowl with less than 50 thousand in attendance. I know there are a lot of fans that concern themselves more with the playoffs but I prefer to face the best every Saturday. Although we lost some close games this past season that were heart breaking, it was still an enjoyable season because we faced up to the challenge of playing the best almost every week.

hogblitz

Every single year our schedule is like the toughest in the SEC and/or country.  So, what do we want to do?  Play a Power 5 school at a neutral site and take away a home game!

RunHogruN

Quote from: Hoginsavga on June 11, 2015, 07:12:16 pm
I expect FL and TCU to look at us the same way-BRUTAL!!!

/\ THIS!!! We are trying to establish a brand of football that says, " We will dominate you physically until the last second." I'm sure the teams we play sees us as a very demanding game. Insert Texas Tech game. Every down is a punch to the gutt.

WooPig.....
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

ZERO

The schedule is tough every year when you play in the SEC. Some years more-so than others, but I've come to never be surprised or disappointed in the schedule.

In fact, I'm kind of excited about Florida. I don't know if this McElwain guy is going to work out, and I especially don't know if he's going to work out in year two. I like Florida at home to be our first ever SEC victory against them.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ZERO on June 11, 2015, 11:38:15 pm
The schedule is tough every year when you play in the SEC. Some years more-so than others, but I've come to never be surprised or disappointed in the schedule.

In fact, I'm kind of excited about Florida. I don't know if this McElwain guy is going to work out, and I especially don't know if he's going to work out in year two. I like Florida at home to be our first ever SEC victory against them.
Foley doesn't seem to have a good record with picking coaches. We will see.

HamIAm

Hollywood_HOGan45

Kevin

2016 is brutal especially with a rebuilding offense
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhames

Are we skipping 2015???

While we are at it what's the 2018 season look like?

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Theolesnort

How many times has Bama, Auburn and LSU played Kentucky and Vandy since we have played them? Something rotten in Denmark?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hogarusa

Quote from: rhames on June 12, 2015, 08:28:07 am
Are we skipping 2015???

While we are at it what's the 2018 season look like?

BRUTAL
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 12, 2015, 08:41:42 am
How many times has Bama, Auburn and LSU played Kentucky and Vandy since we have played them? Something rotten in Denmark?

I can only say that it is No Accident the way the schedule works out, year after year. We have to win the Big Games to change anything. If we do that may be they just make the schedule tougher?

Biggus Piggus

Florida coming back on
TCU on the road

Conference home games are Alabama, Florida, LSU and Ole Miss. Away games are Texas A&M (Arlington), Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri.

I would take that all day long over this year's schedule.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 12, 2015, 12:41:07 pm
Conference home games are Alabama, Florida, LSU and Ole Miss. Away games are Texas A&M (Arlington), Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri.

Yep, our even year's schedule is always better.

Calling All Hogs

I would much rather play Florida than Georgia.

duckman

This ^^^

HoggusMaximus

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TNhawgfan

I agree with some others who say don't dodge anybody. I'm not worried about making the playoff. Play marquee matchups every week so we're constantly in the spotlight and being talked about
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JansterZ71

Florida coming back on
TCU on the road
Yes the SEC west will be hard but florida will not be great and neither will TCU. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

jgphillips3

Our schedule is always something between fist fight and clubbing baby seals...it's never easy.

widespreadsooie

We will beat FL wherever unless McElwain turns out to be a prophet.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Not to sound like a jerk, but this isn't exactly a news flash is it?

Aren't our schedules ALWAYS brutal?

Seems like while everyone else in the SECW is getting a beatdown from Chuck Berry, we're getting one from Chuck Norris.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

gmarv

as I read thru this thread that's what I keep thinking 2016 is a good home schedule for us.

Shrevepork

Well, it's nothing to worry about because that bastion of journalistic truth and integrity(Great American Sports Network ) says we, the Razorback fan base, are delusional. 

WizardofhOgZ

atekido

2016 possibly could be ruff just because of the talent we will lose after this year. 

Corkscrew Johnson

Zero upside to scheduling teams like TCU non-conference.   It's their super bowl, it's our week off.   If pollsters had the balls to put a 2-3 loss team who played a monster SEC schedule over the one-loss team who had maybe one tough team scheduled, then maybe I could be swayed.  But they don't.   The incremental recruiting exposure pales in comparison to the exposure we would receive if we made the playoffs.   

The SEC schedule gives us all the respect, playoff opportunity, and exposure we need.

Omahabound

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 14, 2015, 11:04:47 am
Zero upside to scheduling teams like TCU non-conference.   It's their super bowl, it's our week off.   If pollsters had the balls to put a 2-3 loss team who played a monster SEC schedule over the one-loss team who had maybe one tough team scheduled, then maybe I could be swayed.  But they don't.   The incremental recruiting exposure pales in comparison to the exposure we would receive if we made the playoffs.   

The SEC schedule gives us all the respect, playoff opportunity, and exposure we need.

This was really my point to the post..not sure why people on here( most of us all Hog Fans) feel the need to BASH what someone says or say something sarcastic.. At times you would think we are all cheering for different teams.
So yes, my point to the post was and is TCU will play no factor in helping us get to the playoffs and IMO there is no benefit for them on our schedule. Our schedule is tough enough every year with the SEC AND the SEC Championship game- that we have to play if we are to make it.   

ricepig

Quote from: Omahabound on June 14, 2015, 11:56:06 am
This was really my point to the post..not sure why people on here( most of us all Hog Fans) feel the need to BASH what someone says or say something sarcastic.. At times you would think we are all cheering for different teams.
So yes, my point to the post was and is TCU will play no factor in helping us get to the playoffs and IMO there is no benefit for them on our schedule. Our schedule is tough enough every year with the SEC AND the SEC Championship game- that we have to play if we are to make it.   

We have to play a P5, we are playing TTech and TCU for Texass recruiting. I have no problem playing a good P5 every year.

Vantage 8 dude

Florida coming back on
TCU on the road
Unfortunately as has been the case virtually every year for the past five or six you could just change the year and the headline would be the same. Anyone who doesn't think the Hogs get a (more than) fair test every year with its schedule is either ignorant or just plain stupid.

Danny J

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 14, 2015, 03:19:36 pm
Unfortunately as has been the case virtually every year for the past five or six you could just change the year and the headline would be the same. Anyone who doesn't think the Hogs get a (more than) fair test every year with its schedule is either ignorant or just plain stupid.
I think the website "football studyhall" or something to that effect did a study going back to 2002 and over the coarse of a 9 or 10 year span the Hogs have played the toughest schedule overall. Every year our schedule is top 5 in the country with many years being #1. That hasn't changed since 2002 and won't likely change going forward. That is why I really question people who want to play tougher non-conf games.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 12:16:13 pm
We have to play a P5, we are playing TTech and TCU for Texass recruiting. I have no problem playing a good P5 every year.

A&M in Arlington provides more than enough Texas exposure.  Going to Lubbock isn't doing the hogs any big favors.  P5 schools like West Virginia, VT, UNC, and Iowa would gain more attention.  Which is why playing Michigan in the future will pay huge dividends for the program.

ricepig

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on June 14, 2015, 09:19:30 pm
A&M in Arlington provides more than enough Texas exposure.  Going to Lubbock isn't doing the hogs any big favors.  P5 schools like West Virginia, VT, UNC, and Iowa would gain more attention.  Which is why playing Michigan in the future will pay huge dividends for the program.

Ok, but I think Bret disagrees with you.

hogcard1964

Pee'd off we're opening another big non conference matchup on the road.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 09:22:19 pm
Ok, but I think Bret disagrees with you.

No. He wants national recognition.  Trust me.

ricepig

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on June 14, 2015, 09:36:52 pm
No. He wants national recognition.  Trust me.

Win enough games and we'll get it.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 09:40:50 pm
Win enough games and we'll get it.

Yes because beating the mean green is the exact same as beating the hokies.

ricepig

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on June 14, 2015, 09:50:52 pm
Yes because beating the mean green is the exact same as beating the hokies.

When we schedule North Texas again, let me know.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

choppedporkextrasauce

Is it a road game? I'm sick of always playing in the swamp.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 11, 2015, 06:42:18 pm

Brutal are the years we play LSU and Alabama at home, very Brutal are the years we play them both away.
This is my non-signature signature.

Okie Hog

Am I missing something?  Is there a link for said schedule?

ZERO

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 10:03:24 pm
When we schedule North Texas again, let me know.

In 2018. But we also play @Michigan that same year, of course.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

redeye

June 16, 2015, 10:54:16 pm #48 Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:47:08 pm by redeye
Quote from: Theolesnort on June 12, 2015, 08:41:42 am

Alabama  VU 14 UK 7  *Bama played VU yearly until 2002.
Arkansas  VU 6 UK 7
Auburn    VU 9 UK 6
LSU        VU 6 UK 15  *LSU played UK yearly until 2002.

You're on the right track.  Only Auburn has played one of them less times then we have (i.e. Kentucky), but collectively, all of them have played those 2 teams more then Arkansas.

The real reason our SOS is always among the best is due to the difficulty with our rotating schedule (it has very little to do with "Bama not having to face Bama", etc).  The few times we've played Vanderbilt and Kentucky are a part of that, but we've just had the bad luck? of playing rotating opponents when they're at their best a lot.  I just added up the conference-only records of our rotating opponents regular season games (i.e. no SECCG match-ups were included).  Our SEC-E rotating opponents have posted a 280-251-1 conference record since '92, which comes out to a 53% winning percentage in regular season SEC games.  Our winning percentage in SEC games is less then 0.500, so we're effectively playing a regular season rotation of teams better then ourselves.

How many other SEC teams have played a rotation of teams that have posted a winning record since '92?  I'll try to update this thread later with results for Alabama, if I have time.

Update: Alabama's SEC rotating opponents have posted a combined 242-285 since '92.  That's 46%.  If you checked the other teams, I suspect their rotating opponents would also have a losing percentage.

Update 2: Auburn is the one team I thought I might be wrong about, since they've played a consistently good Georgia team every year.  They didn't disappoint, because their rotating opponents have gone 298-229 or almost 56%.  That's 10% higher then Alabama's opponents.

I'll try to do LSU next, as I'm curious how they did with Florida as their main rotating opponent.

Update 3: LSU's went 275-250-1 for a 52% clip, which isn't much different then ours.  I suspect Ole Miss and MSU will have losing records, due to their rotating opponents, but I've concluded that this exercise isn't worth of much, except maybe to show that Auburn has played a tough rotating schedule and Alabama has played a really easy one.

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.