Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alcohol At Football Games

Started by NuttinItUp, June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 14, 2015, 04:35:39 pm
I'm going to St. Louis to see the Cards play the Braves next month. I wonder if I  can drink inside Bush Stadium..........or if I need to get filled up before I go in?

<Sarcasm fully intended>

Both

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 04:40:46 pm
Well, sometimes the screws ups effect others........

Fear much?   Put laws into place based on what people MIGHT do at the expense of their freedom to operate as a mature adult...OR screw up and pay the consequences based on the situations own merits?

Read the entire passage.   That's what having them booted for bad behavior or arrested for illegal behavior is for.   It wouldn't take too many games and publicized incidents for this "problem" to slow to a crawl. 

Heck, the extra income from the arrests for drunken and disorderly alone would more than pay for the few extra cops until a couple games had been played and the questionable fans knew that playing chicken with the bottle at the game was a BAD idea.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 14, 2015, 05:03:04 pm
Fear much?   Put laws into place based on what people MIGHT do at the expense of their freedom to operate as a mature adult...OR screw up and pay the consequences based on the situations own merits?

Read the entire passage.   That's what having them booted for bad behavior or arrested for illegal behavior is for.   It wouldn't take too many games and publicized incidents for this "problem" to slow to a crawl. 

Heck, the extra income from the arrests for drunken and disorderly alone would more than pay for the few extra cops until a couple games had been played and the questionable fans knew that playing chicken with the bottle at the game was a BAD idea.

Don't fear at all, your premise was to let people do as they wished, and then suffer the consequences if it goes bad. All I said was innocent people sometimes are affected by these actions.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 05:07:29 pm
Don't fear at all, your premise was to let people do as they wished, and then suffer the consequences if it goes bad. All I said was innocent people sometimes are affected by these actions.

Gotcha.   Understood and that is what harsh consequences are for as well as civil court if something truly egregious occurred.   I don't know how egregious would really fit being drunk and/or disorderly at a public event though.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on June 14, 2015, 04:14:02 pm
No that's not how it works.

That aside, if people know they can have a beer or two during the game maybe they won't feel the need to cram a few extra in beforehand. Those who sneak in flasks may reason that they are better off just getting a beer. In some way, it might mean that people enter the game less drunk all while providing the stadium with a lot of extra revenue.

I'm going to bring a flask to every game and have two stiff drinks, one each half, I have done it for years and have never gotten into trouble or been an ass...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm
Looks like New University of Texas president Greg Fenves says he is in favor of allowing beer sales at football games to "enhance the fan experience".

Could other universities like the U of A start looking at changing their policy soon too?
(Stadium-wide, not just in special areas.)

@ChipBrownHD: #Texas makes it official - beer and wine sales approved for #Longhorns' 2015 home FB games.
http://t.co/BjVE6gYnTP

DeltaBoy

DidN'T they sell beer at WMS?
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2015, 03:44:17 pm

@ChipBrownHD: #Texas makes it official - beer and wine sales approved for #Longhorns' 2015 home FB games.
http://t.co/BjVE6gYnTP

Pay link?

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 17, 2015, 05:18:26 pm
Pay link?

I guess, I just saw the tweet on my feed, I didn't click on it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2015, 05:20:26 pm
I guess, I just saw the tweet on my feed, I didn't click on it.

My BAD! I thought it was Scout Premium but I was able to open it......

They've had alcohol sales ion the upgrade "suit and club" areas it reads for several years now. They are expanding it for the whole stadium.

ricepig

Kramer: I looked at the Texas roster on offense, and those fans are going to need alcohol with the way it looks.