Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret's Job Description

Started by oldhog63, August 18, 2018, 02:08:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhog63

Not sure if this has already been posted. I thought this part was funny. Not sure what position this is, but he is helping there.

"He's dealt with a lot of different players, situations, and he's primarily worked on defense as an assistant coach, so he's given us some help there between the defensive ends and tackles."

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/08/bill-belichick-explains-how-consultant-bret-bielema-has-helped-patriots/

PorkSoda

so he coaches the position that lines up between the DE and the DT?

what position is that exactly?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

oldhog63

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 18, 2018, 06:20:40 pm

Lol. Was wondering the same thing. Why that statement struck me as funny.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 18, 2018, 06:20:40 pm

I believe the position is commonly known as "space".  ;) :) :D ;D 8)

HawgPilot

That would be the GAP technique.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgPilot on August 22, 2018, 08:15:10 pm
That would be the GAP technique.
Oh yeah. You mean the one that was being taught the past five or six years to our defense. As in HUGE gaps.

FineAsSwine

The guy has a job with at the pinnacle of his sport with a team that is a football dynasty, has a HOF head coach, and a reputation for excellence on the field that is envied across all sports and you all think he is the dumbass.

Bret was a good coach. Hard to win with his style here but he knew his stuff and that is why he is with the Patriots.

Tusks

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 23, 2018, 09:18:07 am
The guy has a job with at the pinnacle of his sport with a team that is a football dynasty, has a HOF head coach, and a reputation for excellence on the field that is envied across all sports and you all think he is the dumbass.

Bret was a good coach. Hard to win with his style here but he knew his stuff and that is why he is with the Patriots.

He has the job because he's cheap for the Patriots with the UA paying the vast majority of his salary.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit