Jay’viar Suggs

Started by KalenTheBoar, May 08, 2024, 08:39:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KalenTheBoar

Arkansas is one of them.
 8)

Rzback

What's our chances of getting Suggs?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

codeHog

Hog Greetings

hawgfan4life

Bids are being accepted right now.

AwholeHog

Rzback

Oh well if he's all about the $$$ I'll pass on him  :puke:
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

codeHog

Quote from: Rzback on Yesterday at 06:04:51 amOh well if he's all about the $$$ I'll pass on him  :puke:

Cal would not have a BB team if

Johnnie5

Quote from: Rzback on May 08, 2024, 07:13:35 pmWhat's our chances of getting Suggs?
Sali commit probably means slim to none

Baba Hogga

He's blown up. LSU just offered. Probably nil.

Baba Hogga

Quote from: Johnnie5 on Yesterday at 08:41:00 amSali commit probably means slim to none

Arkansas needs two DTs. We'd definitely take both.

20gauge

Otis said pretty much when he left campus we had no shot

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

island hog

Quote from: 20gauge on Yesterday at 11:02:37 amOtis said pretty much when he left campus we had no shot
I don't remember reading that from Otis at all... if that was the case, doubt we'd be on his list. 

codeHog

Quote from: island hog on Yesterday at 01:42:52 pmI don't remember reading that from Otis at all... if that was the case, doubt we'd be on his list. 

More names, more pressure to up the bid

ricepig

He's eliminated Arkansas.

20gauge

Quote from: island hog on Yesterday at 01:42:52 pmI don't remember reading that from Otis at all... if that was the case, doubt we'd be on his list. 
He said it in this forum a while back.

And ricepig is as solid as they come on here

AwholeHog

We're not on the list anymore, as expected. It's down to four now:
https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/09/wisconsin-badgers-transfer-portal-recruiting-jayviar-suggs-final-four-schools/
He's a good player but not a great player according to his stats and star rating, which are stated in the above article⬆️
We could use another body at DT but won't be in bad shape if we don't get one. I think chances are pretty good we will get another one but Otis said Suggs would be a 7 figure deal, and whoever pays that is going to be needing a DT very badly. The way it would suck the air out of the position room to bring in a guy that had decent but not eye popping stats at GVS to the tune of $1 mil+ would be running a high risk of locker room cancer. As long as NIL stays as is that is going to happen more and more all over the country, not just here. To me Suggs was just not worth that. And that has to be a consideration. You have to weigh the new guy's potential against how it's going to affect the ones that are already there. He's worth a good amount but he's not worth 7 digits.

jbcarol

Transfer defensive tackle Jay'viar Suggs trims list to four schools

by: Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteGrand Valley State defensive tackle Jay'viar Suggs has trimmed his list of finalists from six to four, with a little bit of a twist. A new team has entered the mix after offering him.

LSU joins Kentucky, Michigan and Wisconsin in the final four for the highly coveted defensive lineman in the portal.

Arkansas, Florida State and USC were cut from Suggs' list of six finalists.

"My recruitment is officially closed thank you to everyone who reached out..." Suggs wrote.

One of the most coveted players remaining in the NCAA transfer portal, Suggs has logged 42 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, 8.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and nine passes defended in the last two seasons.

Suggs had previously raved about a visit to Florida State, but the Seminoles have been eliminated at this point despite the selling point of having two recent NFL draftees off the defensive line: The Jared Verse and Braden Fiske.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net