Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poaching is legal!

Started by trphog, May 26, 2016, 11:12:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Go ahead and give me Kedrick James and Patrick Hudson from the '16 class.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

King Kong

James the main guy we have a chance with

Hogdomer

Quote from: Hogfan991 on May 26, 2016, 11:14:19 am
Go ahead and give me Kedrick James and Patrick Hudson from the '16 class.

James is 2017.

online-with-swine

Will the NCAA allow unrestricted release from signed LOI from the 2016 class?

presidenthog

Quote from: online-with-swine on May 26, 2016, 11:41:43 am

I almost could see this being a possibility.

jjdlc

Quote from: online-with-swine on May 26, 2016, 11:41:43 am

With the way this is going down, I'd say it is a possibility. 

ricepig

jjdlc

With the Penn State situation, the NCAA even allowed current players to transfer to other schools without losing eligibility, so, that might even be a possibility.

presidenthog

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

Kellen Mond will be a hot commodity , no doubt. He'll be the best available QB in the country if he opens it up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on May 26, 2016, 11:29:23 am
James the main guy we have a chance with
more than 'a chance'. HOG LOCK.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

King Kong

King Kong

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on May 26, 2016, 01:59:24 pm
I hope you are right
me too! He just seemed like we were his #2 or co-#1 this whole time BEFORE briles got fired. Him instantly re-opening his recruiting is a damn good sign at the very least. Plus, we are TE-U and have a need. Brilliant.
@Slackaveli

HogNDas

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 26, 2016, 02:04:12 pm
me too! He just seemed like we were his #2 or co-#1 this whole time BEFORE briles got fired. Him instantly re-opening his recruiting is a damn good sign at the very least. Plus, we are TE-U and have a need. Brilliant.
Let's get him in the sty, Pokey!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogNDas on May 26, 2016, 02:28:25 pm
Let's get him in the sty, Pokey!!!!
Kid is a beast. We need him. Next Sprinkle.
@Slackaveli

teacher

D.J Williams 2.0  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

JackJohnson

i am still perplexed how a TE chooses a system that only has their TE's blocking over a school who produces multiple Mackey and NFL draft picks to begin with.  then when you throw in the fact that their grandma teaches here and uncle plays here it is really puzzling to say the least

WooPig90

Quote from: JackJohnson on May 26, 2016, 03:45:04 pm
i am still perplexed how a TE chooses a system that only has their TE's blocking over a school who produces multiple Mackey and NFL draft picks to begin with.  then when you throw in the fact that their grandma teaches here and uncle plays here it is really puzzling to say the least

Easy, thats where he lives.

JackJohnson

Quote from: WooPig90 on May 26, 2016, 03:47:00 pm
Easy, thats where he lives.

of course- we have wasted away so many deep ties with recruits the past few years I can't even count.  seems we can't get kids with ties to other schools no matter where they are from and never can get them to leave "home".  its always lose/lose

smokeyB_blues

we don't need any of the guys they have left, if we didn't have 10 qbs on campus and a bunch of WRs the qb and we would be cool to add to the class

Pork Ranger

Pokey predicting someone coming here is a sure bet they're goin elsewhere

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2016, 12:58:41 pm
https://twitter.com/jasonkersey/status/735886566158180352
Correct me if I'm wrong, however, a major stumbling block for kids who committed this past NSD would be the limited number of schools who still have scholarships available from this past class. I would imagine that number is very slim indeed. However, one school that would have some "wiggle room" would be the Hogs.

navyhog24

Don't we have at least 4 spots open from last class?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 26, 2016, 05:27:27 pm
Don't we have at least 4 spots open from last class?
I'm not quite sure at this point. If I'm not mistaken we've used a couple spots for other kids who didn't necessarily sign with us on NSD. However, if I'm correct we should have a least one or two spaces still available.

rljjr

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 26, 2016, 04:53:56 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, however, a major stumbling block for kids who committed this past NSD would be the limited number of schools who still have scholarships available from this past class. I would imagine that number is very slim indeed. However, one school that would have some "wiggle room" would be the Hogs.

You are correct, sir. It's going to be VERY hard for those guys to find homes if they want to go.

oldfart

according to Tomhog's list we have 20 signees but i think the last post was Feb. 8

AugustaHog

Tutt would take up one more spot.

Vantage 8 dude

There was a lot of concern, could we even say "wailing and gnashing of teeth" by many when we came up several signatures from completely filling our most recent recruiting class. In that vein wouldn't it be very ironic and opportunistic if we were able to grab a player or two from the Baylor mess? Can't imagine there a many P5 teams that have an extra scholarship just lying around.

texas tush hog

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 26, 2016, 11:15:05 pm
There was a lot of concern, could we even say "wailing and gnashing of teeth" by many when we came up several signatures from completely filling our most recent recruiting class. In that vein wouldn't it be very ironic and opportunistic if we were able to grab a player or two from the Baylor mess? Can't imagine there a many P5 teams that have an extra scholarship just lying around.
They can all "make one happen" by releasing someone from a scholly if they were that low down.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on May 27, 2016, 08:10:55 am
They can all "make one happen" by releasing someone from a scholly if they were that low down.
While I suppose anything is possible, especially given the past history of some programs, you all of a sudden revoke the scholarship of a player just recently signed as part of you NSD class runs a major risk of some serious "blow back". Not quite the same as trying to "gray shirt" some kid or "discovering" that you have too many commits and not enough offers to go around. The player had better be a MAJOR get in order to justify the kind of shelling most programs would endure with such a move.

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 27, 2016, 09:25:22 am
While I suppose anything is possible, especially given the past history of some programs, you all of a sudden revoke the scholarship of a player just recently signed as part of you NSD class runs a major risk of some serious "blow back". Not quite the same as trying to "gray shirt" some kid or "discovering" that you have too many commits and not enough offers to go around. The player had better be a MAJOR get in order to justify the kind of shelling most programs would endure with such a move.
Vantage, I didn't necessarily mean someone from the most recent recruiting class...I meant an upper classman that is buried on the depth chart with little or no chance of seeing any action.  All the schollies are essentially one year contracts and have to be renewed.  This type thing happens all the time with little or no fanfare cause it involves players that no one is really familiar with and don't even notice they are gone....  I still think it is "low down" to do though....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on May 26, 2016, 04:24:11 pm
Pokey predicting someone coming here is a sure bet they're goin elsewhere
shut up n00b. my hit rate is very high.
@Slackaveli

oldfart

there is still the limit on how many you can sign per class so "letting an upperclassman go" would not help that

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: oldfart on May 27, 2016, 02:58:10 pm
there is still the limit on how many you can sign per class so "letting an upperclassman go" would not help that
Thought that might still come into play. Yep, I think you've answered the question once and for all.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LRrazorback

Maybe we can poach some MS recruits as well. They may be looking around very soon

HogNDas

Quote from: oldfart on May 27, 2016, 02:58:10 pm
No, it would only help the 85.  If you sign your "per year" limit, you are done, but most teams have carryovers from years where they didn't get their limit....what it really means is we should always have "one in reserve" just in case a situation like this arises or a stud wants to t'fer to us....

HogNDas

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 27, 2016, 07:44:27 pm
Maybe we can poach some MS recruits as well. They may be looking around very soon
Would only help for the 2017 commits.  The 2016 class would still be bound by their LOI's....but I'm all for going after their 4, 2017 commits.... I think any of their 4 would elevate/improve our current class...

FrozenHam

Dominicanhog

Martin, James and Hudson, would be a nice way to finalize the 16' class....