Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With us recruiting a JUCO TE

Started by nwahogfan1, May 25, 2016, 08:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

means we are not real happy with our 3 TEs who are Redshirt freshmen right now.   

I thought a couple of them at least would be making a name for themselves this year.  Still time so we will see.  But something is up.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Has nothing to do with it.  The only one they aren't happy with is Cantrell.  But they are all still freshmen..  That is the key word. 

ricepig

No, it means we are looking for talent at every position, no matter the class.

beringer62

Why are they unhappy with Cantrell?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 25, 2016, 08:24:03 am

I thought a couple of them at least would be making a name for themselves this year.  Still time so we will see.  But something is up.

Is it April 1st again? Boy did this year go by fast...  ;)

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2016, 08:57:24 am
No, it means we are looking for talent at every position, no matter the class.

Exactly... Fans may think that we might be "done" at a position but Our Coaches are constantly looking to shore up talent. I don't understand the habitual line steppin'/jumping the gun thing?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on May 25, 2016, 08:34:34 am
Has nothing to do with it.  The only one they aren't happy with is Cantrell.  But they are all still freshmen..  That is the key word. 
So having 3 RS freshmen TEs on campus but recruiting a kid who is the same age but a year ahead because he did not RS is not concerning to you?   OK.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 25, 2016, 10:49:03 am
So having 3 RS freshmen TEs on campus but recruiting a kid who is the same age but a year ahead because he did not RS is not concerning to you?   OK.
Nope. Stack up tbe talent.

factchecker

With the way we use tight ends....we have to stockpile talent when it is there.  You never know how injury or early entry to the NFL is going to leave you.  If you don't - you end up a thin position down the road.  A great example of this is our offensive line or even our running back group. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 25, 2016, 11:16:12 am
With the way we use tight ends....we have to stockpile talent when it is there.  You never know how injury or early entry to the NFL is going to leave you.  If you don't - you end up a thin position down the road.  A great example of this is our offensive line or even our running back group. 

Yep, could be that all of our offers to high school TE's wasn't as encouraging as we hoped, we're bringing in a couple, minimum.

Seebs

You read my mind man. O line, Quarterback, Running back - none of those 2016 issues is nearly as concerning and 2017 TE depth and how recruiting a top-flight JUCO TE shows that these four-star tight ends are not working out.

I mean, Arkansas is known for not judging TE talent very well and under utilizing that position on the field. Arkansas is so confused, it is rumored that there may be four TEs on the field at once in the future, maybe even this year. Sound like a WR problem on the Hill as well. I mean if the WR were so good why would they need a four TE set?

I'm also concerned about:
New coaching shirts
Pepsi
The 'ahhhh' in front of the Hog Call these miserable millennials have created
CBB's blood sugar
Back Acne
Nike causes broken feet
The new High Strike zone
Is Cliff Lee good enough to be the Razorback pitching coach
Hem lines for UA cheerleaders
Skoal Bandits as the real reason for Earl Campbell's knee issues
Rick Schaefer's haircut
Randy Rainwater's inability to read from the Keithly Services fan feedback without sounding like a dyslexic third grader

So great call out. Tight End and recruiting another top flight one is a HUGE concern. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HawgTide

Quote from: Seebs on May 25, 2016, 11:20:23 am
You read my mind man. O line, Quarterback, Running back - none of those 2016 issues is nearly as concerning and 2017 TE depth and how recruiting a top-flight JUCO TE shows that these four-star tight ends are not working out.

I mean, Arkansas is known for not judging TE talent very well and under utilizing that position on the field. Arkansas is so confused, it is rumored that there may be four TEs on the field at once in the future, maybe even this year. Sound like a WR problem on the Hill as well. I mean if the WR were so good why would they need a four TE set?

New coaching shirts
Pepsi
CBB's blood sugar
Back Acne
Nike causes broken feet
The new High Strike zone
Rick Schaefer's haircut
Randy Rainwater's inability to read from the Keithly Services fan feedback without sounding like a dyslexic third grader

So great call out. Tight End and recruiting another top flight one is a HUGE concern. 

New coaching shirts
Pepsi
CBB's blood sugar
Back Acne
Nike causes broken feet
The new High Strike zone
Rick Schaefer's haircut

[/quote

New coaching shirts
Pepsi
CBB's blood sugar
Back Acne
Nike causes broken feet
The new High Strike zone
Rick Schaefer's haircut

So good it should be posted thrice

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 25, 2016, 08:24:03 am

I don't necessarily read that into our efforts in the area at all. Heck, we have quite a line up of QBs and yet we typically recruit at least one each class. Only makes sense as one never knows whether or not factors such as injuries, grades, plans to transfer for whatever reason(s), etc. enter into the future availability of kids at various positions. Would rather continue recruiting and adding to a position than to have something unexpected come along and catch us short and not able to execute our offense as planned. Relax and just enjoy the process.  ;) ;D 8)

oldfart

im also curious about the remark about austin cantrell. does anyone want to comment on this?

jjdlc

Quote from: oldfart on May 25, 2016, 07:16:54 pm
im also curious about the remark about austin cantrell. does anyone want to comment on this?

Only thing I've heard, is he got in trouble for being late to a team meeting during spring ball, as far as I know, it was one time. 

SkeeterHawg

New coaching shirts
Pepsi
CBB's blood sugar
Back Acne
Nike causes broken feet
The new High Strike zone
Rick Schaefer's haircut

I am not concerned with any of those... except Rick Schaefer's haircut.  Whats up with that anyway?

oldfart

Quote from: jjdlc on May 25, 2016, 07:37:25 pm
Only thing I've heard, is he got in trouble for being late to a team meeting during spring ball, as far as I know, it was one time. 
ok i know thats not something to be taken lightly but at least it doesnt seem to be an on-field issue....good to hear

razorbacker3

C.J. O'Grady has been in trouble for the same issue. Twice maybe?