Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting strategy

Started by bythelake, May 17, 2016, 06:47:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Quote from: Prestworthy on May 23, 2016, 03:16:39 am
The HV elite are really coming in hot. So smug.

Where have you been? No vacations from HV.  This stuff is a week old.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: thebignasty on May 23, 2016, 06:58:04 am
Can't be true, Ricky Town is the greatest ever signed at Arkansas. I read it here somewhere.
He is the only one I can think of who was rated ESPN #1 overall. Jermaine Brooks told me once that he was the #1 overall player out of High School but I didn't really believe him.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

riccoar

Quote from: Seebs on May 19, 2016, 08:51:28 pm
When you stop talking, or in this case, typing, maybe you would be able to hear others around you.  That you do not remember any of my posts is a good thing - it means I come here for knowledge, which you provide very little.

Your diatribe of butthurt is not my doing - it is yours.  The more you talk the less words mean.

Finally, you remind me of F. Murray Abraham in Amadeus - when Antonio Salieri realized that he had the desire to do something but realized that he did not have the talent when compared to others. 
Leave the news to RD, or don't. I will simply call you out when you appear to be more knowledgeable than our coaches or pretend borrowed news is your own.   
Amen.  Arm chair recruiters vs. RD = RD any day of the week.  Also, just because you can type a post equal to that of War and Peace, don't make the crap you spew in it true.  Less is more.  Some of you folks need to stay away from a computer when you take your Ritalin.

HogNDas

Quote from: riccoar on May 23, 2016, 12:41:56 pm
Amen.  Arm chair recruiters vs. RD = RD any day of the week.  Also, just because you can type a post equal to that of War and Peace, don't make the crap you spew in it true.  Less is more.  Some of you folks need to stay away from a computer when you take your Ritalin.
We are just absolutely crazy in here!  When it comes to OTHER pundits, we say, we ain't trusting those lazy SOB's and when it comes to ours, we say RD hung the moon!...Wow!  Bashing the other pundits is how we justify a recruiting class, that so far, is lacking.  I'm hopeful that it will pick up. LONG WAY to go till Feb/2017!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 23, 2016, 04:14:18 pm
We are just absolutely crazy in here!  When it comes to OTHER pundits, we say, we ain't trusting those lazy SOB's and when it comes to ours, we say RD hung the moon!...Wow!  Bashing the other pundits is how we justify a recruiting class, that so far, is lacking.  I'm hopeful that it will pick up. LONG WAY to go till Feb/2017!!!!!!

So, you say that you, me, or any of the other posters in here know as much, or more than RD? You do realize that's who the arm chair pundits you referred to are?

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 04:24:22 pm
So, you say that you, me, or any of the other posters in here know as much, or more than RD? You do realize that's who the arm chair pundits you referred to are?
NO, exactly the opposite!  I believe those paid to research it and present the info do have more insight & knowledge...

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 23, 2016, 04:45:25 pm
NO, exactly the opposite!  I believe those paid to research it and present the info do have more insight & knowledge...

Ok then, which pundits were bashed?

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 04:53:51 pm
Ok then, which pundits were bashed?
You're a regular.  You know how our folks are constantly indicating they trust CBB's analysis rather than the "lazy pundits" from other services....I'm sure I don't have to go back and research it. They say OUR coaching staff's analysis is MORE accurate than the other services are.   

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 23, 2016, 05:14:24 pm
You're a regular.  You know how our folks are constantly indicating they trust CBB's analysis rather than the "lazy pundits" from other services....I'm sure I don't have to go back and research it. They say OUR coaching staff's analysis is MORE accurate than the other services are.   

You don't think our staff knows more on what they are looking for, then the recruiting service guy's?

Prestworthy

Quote from: Seebs on May 23, 2016, 11:18:35 am
Where have you been? No vacations from HV.  This stuff is a week old.
Apparently not trolling on HV every day like some.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 05:21:57 pm
You don't think our staff knows more on what they are looking for, then the recruiting service guy's?
You're SO contradicting yourself!.... This is like a dog chasing it's tail!... YES, I agree that RD and the others are VERY good at what they do... which means, I agree with them that our class is not that good right now...(which is what you said, that WE do not know as much as the pundits)...THEN, when I say I agree with the pundits, you say CBB DOES know more than the experts....and that the class is good...it's called "speaking out of both sides of your mouth".... I do believe there is a long time to make up some ground so I'm not fretting too much right now....

Deep Shoat

There is a difference between RD and "the pundits".  Haven't you figured that out yet?  RD, while an optimist, tells us what he truly thinks.  Most of these guys just want to sell subscriptions.  And the Rivals/Scout/247/ESPN guys have barely begun to assess this group of players.  Any ranking beyond the obvious 5 stars is based on a little film and/or word of mouth.  That is the point. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 23, 2016, 07:11:08 pm
You're SO contradicting yourself!.... This is like a dog chasing it's tail!... YES, I agree that RD and the others are VERY good at what they do... which means, I agree with them that our class is not that good right now...(which is what you said, that WE do not know as much as the pundits)...THEN, when I say I agree with the pundits, you say CBB DOES know more than the experts....and that the class is good...it's called "speaking out of both sides of your mouth".... I do believe there is a long time to make up some ground so I'm not fretting too much right now....

I'm not contradicting anything, just saying the coach's know more than the recruiting guys. I also said RD knows more than the arm chair pundits, like myself, who post on here. I don't see how that is contradicting anything. I do think you speak out of a different orifice, but that's just me being a pundit, lol.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 07:19:38 pm
I'm not contradicting anything, just saying the coach's know more than the recruiting guys. I also said RD knows more than the arm chair pundits, like myself, who post on here. I don't see how that is contradicting anything. I do think you speak out of a different orifice, but that's just me being a pundit, lol.
ok

thebignasty

thebignasty

Mallett, Mustain, and Wilson were all higher rated high school qbs than Town.

Hawgar The Horrible

What did ya'll have for supper?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.