Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we lose a commit

Started by ricepig, May 14, 2016, 04:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 09:51:13 am
We were told he has work to do it the classroom and is not academically qualified. Didn't stop Bama, Florida State, Auburn, Oregon and OU from offering a whole ride. Oh, some say he might have character issues too, but we didn't back off Devin White for banging and being arrested in regards to a 14 year old girl. Was also arrested for driving violations one month earlier.

Who told you, a recruiting reporter, lol??

PorkRinds

IronMountainHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 10:23:10 am
which is it then? If it's academics, it didn't stop us from offering and accepting this kids commitment. If it's character, it didn't back us off White.

jjdlc

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 10:59:32 am
which is it then? If it's academics, it didn't stop us from offering and accepting this kids commitment. If it's character, it didn't back us off White.

Not all academic situations are created equal, just as not all character issues are created equal.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 16, 2016, 10:40:22 am
Lol.  Birds of a feather cluck together...

well then c'mon Scoop, enlighten everyone. 

The_Boot_stops_here

They don't know.  Not that I do either but I'm not the one who has been acting smug about it from day 1

ricepig

Which is what?? Why the kid de-committed? I would imagine he wants to take his visits, both official and un-official and further evaluate his decision. I guess you have fallen into the camp that we have moved on, why?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 16, 2016, 11:09:46 am
They don't know.  Not that I do either but I'm not the one who has been acting smug about it from day 1
Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 11:10:57 am
Which is what?? Why the kid de-committed? I would imagine he wants to take his visits, both official and un-official and further evaluate his decision. I guess you have fallen into the camp that we have moved on, why?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 10:23:10 am

It was all right here on Hogville from all who were justifying the fact of why we haven't offered the kid.  Now, those justifications may end up being correct but you know this was said (or the least, insinuated) on Hogville.  You were right in the middle of the discussion.  As was I and many others.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 16, 2016, 11:12:08 am
It was all right here on Hogville from all who were justifying the fact of why we haven't offered the kid.  Now, those justifications may end up being correct but you know this was said (or the least, insinuated) on Hogville.  You were right in the middle of the discussion.  As was I and many others.

Lol, discussion on HV, my thoughts and the rest who post here are worthless. My only thoughts on the offer, or lack of one is obviously the staff isn't ready to proceed with one.

Hawgar The Horrible

Hilarious. 2 people speculate grades MAY be an issue with Fisher and suddenly it's "Hogville said...!".
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: secneahog on May 16, 2016, 10:10:09 am
Devin White was 16 when he had mutual sex with a 14 year old.  He then got a ticket for a driving violation.  Still didn't stop him from having a great GPA. 

You really want to compare being 16 and having sex with a 14 year old, to being academically ineligible?   Makes perfect sense on HV.
He wasn't 16, nice try though. He was 17 and as a senior was more than likely closer to 18. But don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2015/12/31/college-decision-looms-devin-white-arrested-again-lsu-alabama/78128640/

IronMountainHog

Quote from: jjdlc on May 16, 2016, 11:04:54 am
Not all academic situations are created equal, just as not all character issues are created equal.
Academic is equal as you are either qualified or not. Character issues are different.  As far as comparing this kid against White, this kid hasn't been arrested to my knowledge once much less twice.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 11:50:22 am
Academic is equal as you are either qualified or not. Character issues are different.  As far as comparing this kid against White, this kid hasn't been arrested to my knowledge once much less twice.

No, academic can mean many things, as in yes, there is progress being made and he will qualify, and no way in Hell, or everything in between.

PorkRinds

I have to ask.  What's the main point you're pushing here?  Are you talking down the coaching staff?  Talking down people who post on hogville?  What's the point of your negativity right now?  What point are you making?

jjdlc

Never said he was arrested, just saying that the situations are different. 

Academics aren't as simple as black and white either.  A kid that has a 3.0 going into his Sr. year, but only a 50 (sum score) on his ACT is much more likely to get eligible than a kid with a 2.0 gpa and a 45.   

FYI, the kid with a 3.0 only needs a 52, the kid with a 2.0 would need an 86, and would only be eligible to red shirt his freshman year.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 16, 2016, 11:55:09 am
I have to ask.  What's the main point you're pushing here?  Are you talking down the coaching staff?  Talking down people who post on hogville?  What's the point of your negativity right now?  What point are you making?

You haven't brought much to the thread yourself

IronMountainHog

I'm not arguing. I'm just pointing out the fact that why did we even offer a kid out of state who people are saying wouldn't make it academically. Versus a kid who is less than a mile away from campus and apparently has passed Nick Saban qualifications to play there.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 15, 2016, 09:02:14 pm
But we won't offer a kid from Fayetteville because of grades, only cause he's instate?

who is this kid from Fayetteville that you are referring to?

IronMountainHog

This hurt feelings over a kid having his offer rescinded in state is part of the pc crowd nowadays. Here is your offer IF you qualify. If you don't qualify, that is on YOU.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 16, 2016, 12:56:22 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Akial-Byers-60955

Akial Byers a 4 star DL with offers from Michigan, Bama, etc.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 12:53:57 pm
I'm not arguing. I'm just pointing out the fact that why did we even offer a kid out of state who people are saying wouldn't make it academically. Versus a kid who is less than a mile away from campus and apparently has passed Nick Saban qualifications to play there.

Who said he wouldn't make it? Also, Saban can offer whomever he wishes, especially out of state.

jjdlc

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 16, 2016, 12:56:22 pm

Akial Byers

Truth is, no one here knows why we haven't offered, it's all speculation.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 16, 2016, 09:43:56 am
I honestly don't know why we even pay attention to these, and I am not even talking about us as Razorbacks, but us as CFB fans.  This is the landscape of things now a days.  Transfers and de commitments happen everywhere all the time now.  Sometimes we will be on the bad end of it and sometimes we will benefit from it.
boredom.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 16, 2016, 12:53:35 pm
You haven't brought much to the thread yourself

You should have stopped at "BOOM!"  Your usefulness ended there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 12:53:57 pm

Evidently we don't like him as much as Nick Saban does.  Ever considered the possibility that with us being so close to where he goes to school, we may know more about him than others do?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jjdlc on May 16, 2016, 01:01:08 pm
Akial Byers

Truth is, no one here knows why we haven't offered, it's all speculation.

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 01:00:03 pm

Akial Byers a 4 star DL with offers from Michigan, Bama, etc.

Crystal ball 67% Hogs so we have a shot. Just need to get in the game. Not sure the hold up but the coaches know best. Still, if you're gonna take a chance on one (if academics is an issue), this is the one.

Hogs33

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 11:44:14 am
He wasn't 16, nice try though. He was 17 and as a senior was more than likely closer to 18. But don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2015/12/31/college-decision-looms-devin-white-arrested-again-lsu-alabama/78128640/

LOL... I bet you were a virgin in high school, right? am I right???? I mean a 17 yr old senior having sex with a 14 year old freshman/sophmore..... never heard of it.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Hogs33 on May 16, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
LOL... I bet you were a virgin in high school, right? am I right???? I mean a 17 yr old senior having sex with a 14 year old freshman/sophmore..... never heard of it.
No I wasn't a virgin, I slept with chicks older or in my grade. Senior vs. Soph. maybe. I never had to troll junior highs like you or White.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Hogs33 on May 16, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
14 year old is also against the law in Arkansas pervert.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/arkansas-age-of-consent-lawyers.html

jjdlc

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 02:15:40 pm
14 year old is also against the law in Arkansas pervert.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/arkansas-age-of-consent-lawyers.html

You need to reread the second paragraph of what you posted.

QuoteUnder the Age of Consent
Legal issues arise when a person is under the age of consent. Like many other states, when one or both of the partners are under the age of consent, the law places more importance on the age difference between them.

In many cases, a person between the ages of 14 and 16 can consent to sex with a person who is no more than 3 years older.

However, if the offender is more than 20 years old, and the victim is under 16, the punishment is far harsher than it would be otherwise.

Doesn't really matter though, the case in question was in Lousianna, where the law is different.

Hogs33

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 02:13:16 pm
No I wasn't a virgin, I slept with chicks older or in my grade. Senior vs. Soph. maybe. I never had to troll junior highs like you or White.

Just by answering me, you told me enough.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: jjdlc on May 16, 2016, 02:32:08 pm
You need to reread the second paragraph of what you posted.

Doesn't really matter though, the case in question was in Lousianna, where the law is different.
In Arkansas, a person must be at least 16 years old in order to consent to sex. Generally, when both parties are over 16 years of age, there will be no age-related legal issues concerning the validity of the consent between them. - See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/arkansas-age-of-consent-lawyers.html#sthash.CbDNwyrE.dpuf

jjdlc

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 02:35:53 pm
In Arkansas, a person must be at least 16 years old in order to consent to sex. Generally, when both parties are over 16 years of age, there will be no age-related legal issues concerning the validity of the consent between them. - See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/arkansas-age-of-consent-lawyers.html#sthash.CbDNwyrE.dpuf

QuoteUnder the Age of Consent
Legal issues arise when a person is under the age of consent. Like many other states, when one or both of the partners are under the age of consent, the law places more importance on the age difference between them.

In many cases, a person between the ages of 14 and 16 can consent to sex with a person who is no more than 3 years older.

SemperHawg

This thread took such a weird turn.  I call shenanigans!

IronMountainHog

Let's change the damn subject. How bought that Kaley Cuoco? She has nice hoo hoo's.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 02:43:51 pm
Let's change the damn subject. How bought that Kaley Cuoco? She has nice hoo hoo's.

Something we can agree on, but does she have an Alabama offer?

The_Hog_Father

Everybody knows you can't buy people... Unless it's a politician of course. ;)

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 16, 2016, 01:16:09 pm
Evidently we don't like him as much as Nick Saban does.  Ever considered the possibility that with us being so close to where he goes to school, we may know more about him than others do?

So you're saying it's not grades or character issues.  It's just that our staff doesn't like him enough to offer.  Wow, speaking of useless comments....

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 16, 2016, 03:41:49 pm
So you're saying it's not grades or character issues.  It's just that our staff doesn't like him enough to offer.  Wow, speaking of useless comments....

I'm not sure how you leaped to that conclusion from his post, besides trolling......

Hogs33

Yet, I am the pervert.......

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 16, 2016, 03:41:49 pm

It's funny that you took it that way.  I honestly have no idea why. My point is that there's a reason, and with us being so much closer than they are, we likely have more information about him than anyone.  Again, you should have stopped with BOOM!  That sort of thinking fits you much better.

WooPig90

Hearing that we asked him to do some things (not sure what) could be academic, character, etc. and he either didnt want to didnt like it so it might be a good thing he has decommitted then.

IronMountainHog

Hogs33

Deep Shoat

RD says Arkansas is backing off due to academics.

Good enough for me.
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 16, 2016, 04:24:30 pm
  It's funny that you took it that way.  I honestly have no idea why. My point is that there's a reason, and with us being so much closer than they are, we likely have more information about him than anyone.  Again, you should have stopped with BOOM!  That sort of thinking fits you much better.

attempting to be clever doesn't suit you.  it's nice that you try though

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on May 16, 2016, 04:35:54 pm
Hearing that we asked him to do some things (not sure what) could be academic, character, etc. and he either didnt want to didnt like it so it might be a good thing he has decommitted then.

If that's true, it looks like both parties should be good with things.

He may someday have a regret, though.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 11:04:27 am
I'm hearing (this didnt come from or about this particular kid, just what's happening down there) that LSU is about sick and damn tired of Arkansas recruiting so well down there and whoopin dat ass on the field. At first they were like, "it's all kids we didn't want/need anyway" but now we are starting to get so many of them and are getting waaaay too close with their 4-5*s that they DO want, their new tactic is gonna be to string along a lot of kids that they have no intention of offering just to "make piggy earn it". This strikes me as the 1st casualty. Dangerous plan, though, because it will alienate some high school coaches/kids. I guess they figure the Corn Dog Brand will power on thru the negatives.

That's good news for us. We'll just keep whoop'n dat azz in both places and as they continue to shoot themselves in the 'boot', then we'll roll on up the hill to some seccg's.......... ummm, seccw's.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Dwight_K_Shrute

This could be asked of so many right now on several boards.  It's really sad.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.