Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we lose a commit

Started by ricepig, May 14, 2016, 04:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 11:07:56 am
it's always you....

Do some research and you'd be confident too. Just look at what he did last season before you open your trap.

Think before you post.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 11:07:56 am
it's always you....

Do some research and you'd be confident too. Just look at what he did last season before you open your trap.
I'm excited about Anderson as coach, but I hope Pig doesn't get whiplash from the flip he's going to do on him if he leaves or our line doesn't start out the year strong.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 17, 2016, 08:12:41 am
Think before you post.
think before i post? ironic since you obviously don't know what I was posting about. Either that or you think KA's AMAZING work as a fill in last year for Buffalo was a fluke????
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedyorNot on May 15, 2016, 01:17:03 pm
I'm basing my opinion on several things: Previous results, responsibilities given, comments by professionals and recruitment activity. Granted, we haven't seen it on our field yet, but it's a good baseline nonetheless. All you have to do is read excerpt's from his bio and several sites.

"This past season, the Bills led the NFL in rush yards per game (152.0) and yards per rush (4.8), and were fifth in the AFC in total offense (360.9). Anderson served as the team's primary offensive line coach for the first six weeks of the season, the organization's first under head coach Rex Ryan. Center Eric Wood and left guard Richie Incognito both earned Pro Bowl alternate status anchoring the NFL's 12th-youngest offensive line while paving the way for Pro Bowl running back LeSean McCoy. McCoy was one of three Buffalo players to rush for 500-plus yards this season, marking the first time that feat has been accomplished by the Bills since 1962."

"Prior to joining the Bills, Anderson spent five seasons at Eastern Michigan University, primarily as the run game coordinator (2010-12). His time at Eastern Michigan started in 2008 as the tight ends coach before moving to the offensive line and run game coordinator where the ground attack saw immediate results. The Eagles posted the 14th-best run game in the nation in 2011, after accumulating 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. It marked just the second time in program history that Eastern Michigan had rushed for more than 2,000 yards in back-to-back seasons (2010, 2011).

"I've been around a lot of great coaches and Kurt is one of them. Kurt can coach anywhere in the country and at any level. He's smart, loyal, tough and players will love to play for him. He's a guy that gives you his word and you can take it to the bank. I'm proud to have coached with him and the Arkansas offensive linemen are to lucky to have him. I know how big of a hire this is for coach Bielema and I can promise he got the right guy." – Rex Ryan, Buffalo Bills Head Coach

"I'm really excited for Kurt. He is a great coach and will do a great job at Arkansas. I learned a lot from him during his time with the Bills and I know he will bring a lot to the table for Arkansas." – Eric Wood, Buffalo Bills Center

"He's perfect for an offensive lineman," [Richie] Incognito said. "He's been around the position. He knows what we're like. He strikes the right chord with a lot of us and we can really relate to him. We're a little bit different breed than the rest of the guys on the team."

"Anderson's enthusiasm on the field rubs off on the coaching staff, too. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman pointed to Anderson's passion and work ethic as reasons why he'll be a head offensive line coach in the NFL before long. There's a reason Rex Ryan wanted to keep him on staff and why he didn't hesitate to discipline Kromer."

We are also in on (2) 4* tackles in Smith and Traore, (4) 3* tackles in Zabie, M.Hayes, D.Hayes, Wagner, (3) 3* guards in Boyd, Rivas, Losoya and have (2) 3* commit's in Clenin and Adcock.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

HogimusMaximus

FineAsSwine

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on May 17, 2016, 09:58:45 am
I'm excited about Anderson as coach, but I hope Pig doesn't get whiplash from the flip he's going to do on him if he leaves or our line doesn't start out the year strong.
If you can't see his talent, idk what to tell you. I bitched a lot about Sam's work last season, true, but i think we all can admit he was mailing it in. IF Kurt starts mailing it in, damn right I'll call him out on it.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 19, 2016, 05:05:59 am
Mainly because of you!
well, you got my eye now. I will be watching you.

Not sure what I said that you didn't like besides defending our new coach, whom I was impressed with before he was hired here, because my brother-in-law is a big bills fan and had been raving about how their back-up OL coach was better than the "bum" he replaced, as he called him. So, yeah, I am damn sure KA will be an awesome OL coach.

THE derail came when YOU started personally coming at me. That is the same thing that gets every thread locked. I'm sure it will work again.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on May 17, 2016, 09:58:45 am
I'm not even a little mad at Sam for leaving. I'm not mad about a single one of our assistants leaving, We always upgrade. I am mad at Sam for milking us out of a half mill for a regressing OLine and a darn recruiting cycle.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 20, 2016, 11:57:56 am
well, you got my eye now. I will be watching you.

That's just creepy

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 20, 2016, 12:00:53 pm
I think AB has made it clear he is leaving the State but these cats just can't admit it.

When did he say this? He doesn't have much choice when there is no offer from the Hogs to accept

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 20, 2016, 01:22:42 pm
That's just creepy

No, that's called humor... As in PiP was joking.  :)

THIS is Creepy.

And THIS is nightmare juice...

Let's just say you and I have different definitions of creepy.  ;)

HogimusMaximus

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 20, 2016, 07:47:12 pm
No, that's called humor... As in PiP was joking.  :)

THIS is Creepy.

And THIS is nightmare juice...

Let's just say you and I have different definitions of creepy.  ;)
creeptastic!
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 20, 2016, 01:22:42 pm
That's just creepy
meh. the kid is obviously desperate for attention so I threw him something he could work with. Hogville is nothing if not predictable in it's responses.
@Slackaveli

longpig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 20, 2016, 01:24:24 pm
When did he say this? He doesn't have much choice when there is no offer from the Hogs to accept

He gone :'(
Don't be scared, be smart.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: longpig on May 21, 2016, 11:32:15 pm
He gone :'(

Of course he's gone if he has no offer. But when did he give an inducation that he's not interested in staying instate?

lefty08

There is a whole lot of fail in this thread, just a few points.

White never had sex with an underage girl. If we are gonna spread darn, let's get it right

Second about the guy that just de-committed. Danny West reported his high school coach contacted the staff about issues he was having. They contacted the player and told him how the cow eats the cabbage and he didn't like it. He decommitted and we are moving on. He wasn't willing to take some criticism on how he was handling his business,  and it's better if both parties move on

Third about Byers, do we really need to go over this again? The staff doesn't care who offers the kid. It means nothing to them. They have informed him of what it takes to get an arkansas offer. He either wants it or he doesnt. This class will be fine with or without him.

Now back to rumors and personal insults gentlemen
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogNDas

Quote from: lefty08 on May 22, 2016, 09:13:59 am

White never had sex with an underage girl. If we are gonna spread darn, let's get it right

Second about the guy that just de-committed. Danny West reported his high school coach contacted the staff about issues he was having. They contacted the player and told him how the cow eats the cabbage and he didn't like it. He decommitted and we are moving on. He wasn't willing to take some criticism on how he was handling his business,  and it's better if both parties move on

Third about Byers, do we really need to go over this again? The staff doesn't care who offers the kid. It means nothing to them. They have informed him of what it takes to get an arkansas offer. He either wants it or he doesnt. This class will be fine with or without him.

What did they inform him it will take to get an offer?
Also, Devin White was charged with sex with an underage girl...
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/11/lsu_target_devin_white_arreste.html 

lefty08

Quote from: HogNDas on May 22, 2016, 11:07:25 am
What did they inform him it will take to get an offer?
Also, Devin White was charged with sex with an underage girl...
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/11/lsu_target_devin_white_arreste.html

It was dropped because no sex took place. In terms maybe you could understand, there was no penetration

As far as what byers was told, who knows, but it has been stated many many many many many many times here and other places by people in the know that he is well aware of his standing with arkansas
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogNDas

Quote from: lefty08 on May 22, 2016, 11:20:46 am
It was dropped because no sex took place. In terms maybe you could understand, there was no penetration

As far as what byers was told, who knows, but it has been stated many many many many many many times here and other places by people in the know that he is well aware of his standing with arkansas
LOL, thanks for dumbing it down!  hee hee....
and you think LSU had nothing to do with the charges being dropped???   
... and no one knows what the criteria is for Byers?  Just that there is some unknown criteria?  That's what I was asking silly one because it has it has been stated many many many many many many times here and other places by people in the know

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 22, 2016, 06:09:14 am
Of course he's gone if he has no offer. But when did he give an inducation that he's not interested in staying instate?
Reread my post. I said, "I think" and that's based off of rumors from fhs (High School kids) and the kinda obvious writing on the wall. I never said he publicly said he wanted out. Just look at his offers, though. He gone for whatever reason. But to answer your question, my statement is unfounded and heresay. That's why I said, "I think."

I will say this , though. Kids say he isn't a real Hog fan like most at the school. Not that that really means much, but it's a thing.
@Slackaveli

jjdlc

Quote from: lefty08 on May 22, 2016, 09:13:59 am

Sadly, some here will never accept that there might be a valid reason for our coaching staff not to offer a highly rated in state kid. 

Quote from: HogNDas on May 22, 2016, 11:40:08 am
LOL, thanks for dumbing it down!  hee hee....
and you think LSU had nothing to do with the charges being dropped???   
... and no one knows what the criteria is for Byers?  Just that there is some unknown criteria?  That's what I was asking silly one because it has it has been stated many many many many many many times here and other places by people in the know

Who knows about White, at this point, I don't really care.  With Byers, we may never know the actual reason that they haven't offered, unless Byers decides to make it public, which probably isn't going to happen.  I've seen several different reasons stated by people "in the know," so for now, I consider it all speculation.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 22, 2016, 11:48:32 am
Reread my post. I said, "I think" and that's based off of rumors from fhs (High School kids) and the kinda obvious writing on the wall. I never said he publicly said he wanted out. Just look at his offers, though. He gone for whatever reason. But to answer your question, my statement is unfounded and heresay. That's why I said, "I think."

I will say this , though. Kids say he isn't a real Hog fan like most at the school. Not that that really means much, but it's a thing.

Meh, it could very well be the reason, but I just don't see that as a reason our coaches wouldn't offer, I think they would at least try to change his mind if that was the case, and an offer would be part of that.  247 has us listed as warm, even without an offer, along with Alabama so that make me think he has at least told someone he is interested in Arkansas.

Pig in the Pokey

Meh, it could very well be the reason, but I just don't see that as a reason our coaches wouldn't offer, I think they would at least try to change his mind if that was the case, and an offer would be part of that.  247 has us listed as warm, even without an offer, along with Alabama so that make me think he has at least told someone he is interested in Arkansas.
[/quote]Seems reasonable.
@Slackaveli