Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we lose a commit

Started by ricepig, May 14, 2016, 04:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

navyhog24

I'm glad he did it early on, so we can move on and try to find someone else who can stick to a commitment

Bacon_Bitz

Was happy to have him committed but not too upset. Things happen.

gumbohog

Excuse my ignorance but who is this?

ricepig

Seebs

We find em - people notice that our evaluations are pretty spot on, they get more offers, their heads explode.

Aesop's fable of the dog with two bones comes to mind.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Seebs on May 14, 2016, 05:20:33 pm
We find em - people notice that our evaluations are pretty spot on, they get more offers, their heads explode.

Aesop's fable of the dog with two bones comes to mind.

What other offers has he added?

The_Boot_stops_here

That's disappointing.  I believe he was 1 of only 2 of our commits with an SEC offer other than Arkansas.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 14, 2016, 05:37:43 pm
That's disappointing.  I believe he was 1 of only 2 of our commits with an SEC offer other than Arkansas.

I mean.... if you consider Miss State an SEC offer, I guess.

hogman64

Quote from: ricepig on May 14, 2016, 04:52:50 pm
Dwayne Fisher

I don't remember his non-commitment  commitment so his apparent commitment to decommit  is a nonevent  to me  but there really needs to be another word used when these guys say they sort of might maybe sign a letter of intent....

jjdlc

Stayed committed an entire month.  Hasn't added anymore offers that I see,  kind of a head scratcher really.

3kgthog

Sounds to me like he's holding out for what (in his mind) will be better offers.

Seebs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 14, 2016, 05:36:17 pm
What other offers has he added?

Well we are in his Top 10 - so probably nine other schools if my math is correct.   I would imagine that LSU is in his ear and he would not want to have anything screw with that.

They are listed as a school interested but yet to offer.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Quote from: SEdrhawg on May 14, 2016, 05:39:15 pm
I mean.... if you consider Miss State an SEC offer, I guess.

They've beaten us four straight years, so I'd say that I do.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Seebs

Quote from: Wildhog on May 14, 2016, 06:19:06 pm
They've beaten us four straight years, so I'd say that I do.
Thinking the same thing

Deep Shoat

I think we offered too early...
All Gas, No Brakes!

HogimusMaximus

Hoggish1

Quote from: gumbohog on May 14, 2016, 04:51:09 pm
Excuse my ignorance but who is this?

You are not ignorant if the person wasn't named.  I too want to know WTH is going on with whomever...

HogNDas

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 14, 2016, 06:54:41 pm
I think we offered too early...
bahahahahahahaha....now that is funny!...not true, but still FUNNY!

BigSexyHog

In before someone says the coaches really didn't want him or he isn't good enough for the SEC.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RedyorNot

Regardless of what this young man does, Coach Anderson is the real deal so I'm not concerned in the slightest, especially in May.

secneahog

Glad he did it now, I assume we will still fight for him.  Be a hell of a year in Fayetteville this year.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

buldozer

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RedyorNot on May 14, 2016, 10:06:58 pm
Regardless of what this young man does, Coach Anderson is the real deal so I'm not concerned in the slightest, especially in May.

What makes you so sure?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jjdlc on May 14, 2016, 05:55:15 pm
Stayed committed an entire month.  Hasn't added anymore offers that I see,  kind of a head scratcher really.

I, like everyone else on here, know nothing.   But ...

I believe our coaching staff would never want to embarrass any kid, even one who might have done something that would result in an offer getting pulled.

I'm not saying all decommitments are like this, but I do believe maybe half are.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TNhawgfan

Who wouldn't want to visit such prestigious programs as Louisiana Monroe, utsa, and Jackson state? Too good of an offer sheet to hold on to him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Laughing Hog on May 15, 2016, 08:22:49 am
My guess is, in addition to / or because of, the big yellow corn dog came a call'n
I'm hearing (this didnt come from or about this particular kid, just what's happening down there) that LSU is about sick and damn tired of Arkansas recruiting so well down there and whoopin dat ass on the field. At first they were like, "it's all kids we didn't want/need anyway" but now we are starting to get so many of them and are getting waaaay too close with their 4-5*s that they DO want, their new tactic is gonna be to string along a lot of kids that they have no intention of offering just to "make piggy earn it". This strikes me as the 1st casualty. Dangerous plan, though, because it will alienate some high school coaches/kids. I guess they figure the Corn Dog Brand will power on thru the negatives.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 15, 2016, 08:16:15 am
Who wouldn't want to visit such prestigious programs as Louisiana Monroe, utsa, and Jackson state? Too good of an offer sheet to hold on to him
being as we have got commits from Adcock and Clenin  since DF "committed", and in lieu of LSUs new tactics, on to the next one. Kids will learn that LSU is playing them and they missed out on a great opportunity. Eventually it will pay off.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 15, 2016, 06:24:29 am
What makes you so sure?
it's always you....

Do some research and you'd be confident too. Just look at what he did last season before you open your trap.
@Slackaveli

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 11:07:56 am
it's always you....

Do some research and you'd be confident too. Just look at what he did last season before you open your trap.

Wow. Overreact much?  I like KA and I think he has promise. But no, we don't know for a fact (yet) that he is the "real deal". And I'm speaking specifically about recruiting seeing as this is the recruiting forum. So basically, your comment makes you look dumb.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 15, 2016, 11:40:58 am
Wow. Overreact much?  I like KA and I think he has promise. But no, we don't know for a fact (yet) that he is the "real deal". And I'm speaking specifically about recruiting seeing as this is the recruiting forum. So basically, your comment makes you look dumb.
actually, yours does. Asking that question shows how little you've looked into it. But, yeah, I probably over-reacted. Just such an odd take.
@Slackaveli

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 12:42:55 pm
actually, yours does. Asking that question shows how little you've looked into it. But, yeah, I probably over-reacted. Just such an odd take.

He does have a point.  KA will be judged on his OL's play and the kids he signs in February. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

RedyorNot

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 15, 2016, 06:24:29 am
What makes you so sure?

I'm basing my opinion on several things: Previous results, responsibilities given, comments by professionals and recruitment activity. Granted, we haven't seen it on our field yet, but it's a good baseline nonetheless. All you have to do is read excerpt's from his bio and several sites.

"This past season, the Bills led the NFL in rush yards per game (152.0) and yards per rush (4.8), and were fifth in the AFC in total offense (360.9). Anderson served as the team's primary offensive line coach for the first six weeks of the season, the organization's first under head coach Rex Ryan. Center Eric Wood and left guard Richie Incognito both earned Pro Bowl alternate status anchoring the NFL's 12th-youngest offensive line while paving the way for Pro Bowl running back LeSean McCoy. McCoy was one of three Buffalo players to rush for 500-plus yards this season, marking the first time that feat has been accomplished by the Bills since 1962."

"Prior to joining the Bills, Anderson spent five seasons at Eastern Michigan University, primarily as the run game coordinator (2010-12). His time at Eastern Michigan started in 2008 as the tight ends coach before moving to the offensive line and run game coordinator where the ground attack saw immediate results. The Eagles posted the 14th-best run game in the nation in 2011, after accumulating 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. It marked just the second time in program history that Eastern Michigan had rushed for more than 2,000 yards in back-to-back seasons (2010, 2011).

"I've been around a lot of great coaches and Kurt is one of them. Kurt can coach anywhere in the country and at any level. He's smart, loyal, tough and players will love to play for him. He's a guy that gives you his word and you can take it to the bank. I'm proud to have coached with him and the Arkansas offensive linemen are to lucky to have him. I know how big of a hire this is for coach Bielema and I can promise he got the right guy." – Rex Ryan, Buffalo Bills Head Coach

"I'm really excited for Kurt. He is a great coach and will do a great job at Arkansas. I learned a lot from him during his time with the Bills and I know he will bring a lot to the table for Arkansas." – Eric Wood, Buffalo Bills Center

"He's perfect for an offensive lineman," [Richie] Incognito said. "He's been around the position. He knows what we're like. He strikes the right chord with a lot of us and we can really relate to him. We're a little bit different breed than the rest of the guys on the team."

"Anderson's enthusiasm on the field rubs off on the coaching staff, too. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman pointed to Anderson's passion and work ethic as reasons why he'll be a head offensive line coach in the NFL before long. There's a reason Rex Ryan wanted to keep him on staff and why he didn't hesitate to discipline Kromer."

We are also in on (2) 4* tackles in Smith and Traore, (4) 3* tackles in Zabie, M.Hayes, D.Hayes, Wagner, (3) 3* guards in Boyd, Rivas, Losoya and have (2) 3* commit's in Clenin and Adcock.

Wildhog

Quote from: RedyorNot on May 15, 2016, 01:17:03 pm
I'm basing my opinion on several things: Previous results, responsibilities given, comments by professionals and recruitment activity. Granted, we haven't seen it on our field yet, but it's a good baseline nonetheless. All you have to do is read excerpt's from his bio and several sites.

"This past season, the Bills led the NFL in rush yards per game (152.0) and yards per rush (4.8), and were fifth in the AFC in total offense (360.9). Anderson served as the team’s primary offensive line coach for the first six weeks of the season, the organization’s first under head coach Rex Ryan. Center Eric Wood and left guard Richie Incognito both earned Pro Bowl alternate status anchoring the NFL’s 12th-youngest offensive line while paving the way for Pro Bowl running back LeSean McCoy. McCoy was one of three Buffalo players to rush for 500-plus yards this season, marking the first time that feat has been accomplished by the Bills since 1962."

"Prior to joining the Bills, Anderson spent five seasons at Eastern Michigan University, primarily as the run game coordinator (2010-12). His time at Eastern Michigan started in 2008 as the tight ends coach before moving to the offensive line and run game coordinator where the ground attack saw immediate results. The Eagles posted the 14th-best run game in the nation in 2011, after accumulating 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. It marked just the second time in program history that Eastern Michigan had rushed for more than 2,000 yards in back-to-back seasons (2010, 2011).

“I’ve been around a lot of great coaches and Kurt is one of them. Kurt can coach anywhere in the country and at any level. He’s smart, loyal, tough and players will love to play for him. He’s a guy that gives you his word and you can take it to the bank. I’m proud to have coached with him and the Arkansas offensive linemen are to lucky to have him. I know how big of a hire this is for coach Bielema and I can promise he got the right guy.” – Rex Ryan, Buffalo Bills Head Coach

“I’m really excited for Kurt. He is a great coach and will do a great job at Arkansas. I learned a lot from him during his time with the Bills and I know he will bring a lot to the table for Arkansas.” – Eric Wood, Buffalo Bills Center

"He's perfect for an offensive lineman," [Richie] Incognito said. "He's been around the position. He knows what we're like. He strikes the right chord with a lot of us and we can really relate to him. We're a little bit different breed than the rest of the guys on the team."

"Anderson's enthusiasm on the field rubs off on the coaching staff, too. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman pointed to Anderson's passion and work ethic as reasons why he'll be a head offensive line coach in the NFL before long. There's a reason Rex Ryan wanted to keep him on staff and why he didn't hesitate to discipline Kromer."

We are also in on (2) 4* tackles in Smith and Traore, (4) 3* tackles in Zabie, M.Hayes, D.Hayes, Wagner, (3) 3* guards in Boyd, Rivas, Losoya and have (2) 3* commit's in Clenin and Adcock.

Yep.  Hopefully he's able to continue his success here.  We'll all find out in time.
1909/1964/1965/1977

FineAsSwine

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 14, 2016, 04:31:34 pm
I'm glad he did it early on, so we can move on and try to find someone else who can stick to a commitment

Have we moved on or are we still after this kid?

RyeHogFan

I would be interested in knowing who he was on the phone with whenever he did the screenshot for this tweet. Perhaps that had something to do with his decision.

jabohog

I don't think this kid is cutting it academically. This may be a mutual decision. Bielema likes to see progress and I've heard there isn't any with his grades.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: jabohog on May 15, 2016, 05:22:11 pm
I don't think this kid is cutting it academically. This may be a mutual decision. Bielema likes to see progress and I've heard there isn't any with his grades.

RD did indicate that Fisher has work to do.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

IronMountainHog

Quote from: sage_dragoon on May 15, 2016, 08:57:38 pm
RD did indicate that Fisher has work to do.
But we won't offer a kid from Fayetteville because of grades, only cause he's instate?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 15, 2016, 09:02:14 pm
But we won't offer a kid from Fayetteville because of grades, only cause he's instate?

Oh snap

moses_007

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 15, 2016, 09:02:14 pm

Who said it was over grades? You might want to check all of your sources.....

Hogs33

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2016, 11:04:27 am
I'm hearing (this didnt come from or about this particular kid, just what's happening down there) that LSU is about sick and damn tired of Arkansas recruiting so well down there and whoopin dat ass on the field. At first they were like, "it's all kids we didn't want/need anyway" but now we are starting to get so many of them and are getting waaaay too close with their 4-5*s that they DO want, their new tactic is gonna be to string along a lot of kids that they have no intention of offering just to "make piggy earn it". This strikes me as the 1st casualty. Dangerous plan, though, because it will alienate some high school coaches/kids. I guess they figure the Corn Dog Brand will power on thru the negatives.

I heard this too. It would not surprise me if this is what is happening with Fisher and that is sad. You should not be messing with a kid that way.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

SemperHawg

I honestly don't know why we even pay attention to these, and I am not even talking about us as Razorbacks, but us as CFB fans.  This is the landscape of things now a days.  Transfers and de commitments happen everywhere all the time now.  Sometimes we will be on the bad end of it and sometimes we will benefit from it. 

IronMountainHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 07:13:16 am
Who said it was over grades? You might want to check all of your sources.....
We were told he has work to do it the classroom and is not academically qualified. Didn't stop Bama, Florida State, Auburn, Oregon and OU from offering a whole ride. Oh, some say he might have character issues too, but we didn't back off Devin White for banging and being arrested in regards to a 14 year old girl. Was also arrested for driving violations one month earlier.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 16, 2016, 09:51:13 am
We were told he has work to do it the classroom and is not academically qualified. Didn't stop Bama, Florida State, Auburn, Oregon and OU from offering a whole ride. Oh, some say he might have character issues too, but we didn't back off Devin White for banging and being arrested in regards to a 14 year old girl. Was also arrested for driving violations one month earlier.

BOOM!

ARtillahog

Bc the moment you have to rescind an offer to an instate kid and cause embarrassment, it creates a division this coaching staff doesn't appear to want to create.  And after reading all of the crap about D. White, it was posted on here that he and the other kid didn't sleep with the girl but were caught before anything happened yet the father still pressed charges.  You are correct on the driving violations tho.

secneahog

Devin White was 16 when he had mutual sex with a 14 year old.  He then got a ticket for a driving violation.  Still didn't stop him from having a great GPA. 

You really want to compare being 16 and having sex with a 14 year old, to being academically ineligible?   Makes perfect sense on HV.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RedyorNot

Quote from: Hogs33 on May 16, 2016, 08:35:53 am
I heard this too. It would not surprise me if this is what is happening with Fisher and that is sad. You should not be messing with a kid that way.
If true, you'd think it would turn kids away. But just like Bama's grey shirting tactic, they just seem to keep rolling along and getting who they want.