Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Verbals for the Hogs This Early = New Recruiting Strategy?

Started by Hawgar The Horrible, April 07, 2016, 09:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogNDas on May 12, 2016, 05:30:49 pm
FSU was a DOORMAT until Bobby Bowden convinced kids to go there....
Miami was the Non Conference game everyone scheduled until Howard Schnellenberger got there and started getting 4 & 5 *'s...(I know both these schools merely went right outside their door to get this talent, but what about Freezer?  He is going all over the country and getting players to go to MISSISSIPPI!....ReallY!...You think we can't?  If you think we can't, trust me, you are CORRECT!)...YES WE CAN!!!!
Well you listed two schools that have a huge recruiting base and one that is obviously paying players, none of which does Arkansas have anything in common with.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogNDas on May 12, 2016, 11:16:08 am
I disagree!... We have JUST as much to offer as ANY SEC  town!....& more!  We are the ONLY SEC school with Ozark/Boston Mtns...VERY scenic.  In fact, some of the flat land Louisiana kids have made mention how it was the first time they had seen the mtns and how beautiful F'ville is.... WE CAN if WE BELIEVE WE CAN!!!!
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogNDas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on May 13, 2016, 08:43:03 am
I can think that 2+2=5, but it doesn't. Do you completely disregard everything that Bielema says? It's already been posted in here about how he goes for the "undersized, under recruited, etc."

To Bielema, those are the "best" guys, and that's all I need to know. I don't need some nerds who work at Rivals to tell me who the "best" players are when Bielema finds exactly who he wants.
....and you buy that?  Bama don't!...nor does Ohio State...or any legitimate contender... 

texas tush hog

I remember the day we got a secret visitor and Richard Davenport(who I have a ton of respect for)reported when he showed up that he definitely passed the eye test, I thought, he must be a keeper. Turned out it was Johnathan Marshall from Shephard, Texas and he turned out to be a 3 star who we stole from Oklahoma State and was also offered by Nebraska and TCU, a couple of pretty fair country defensive schools. Watch how he stacks up with some of these five stars down here. I've been told by some high school coaches he is right up there with the best in the state.

HogNDas

Quote from: texas tush hog on May 13, 2016, 02:14:53 pm
I remember the day we got a secret visitor and Richard Davenport(who I have a ton of respect for)reported when he showed up that he definitely passed the eye test, I thought, he must be a keeper. Turned out it was Johnathan Marshall from Shephard, Texas and he turned out to be a 3 star who we stole from Oklahoma State and was also offered by Nebraska and TCU, a couple of pretty fair country defensive schools. Watch how he stacks up with some of these five stars down here. I've been told by some high school coaches he is right up there with the best in the state.
the exception, not the norm....every school has a 2 or 3 star that turns out to have been "mis ID'd" and performs at a higher level....and by the same token, there are some 4's & 5's that are mislabeled and are busts.(we've had a few!).....but, for the most part, the folks that do it for a living, including RD, know what they are talking about....and get it right...even moreso in today's world with social media that doesn't allow for guys like Hershel Walker to go undiscovered....

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HogNDas on May 13, 2016, 03:03:23 pm
the exception, not the norm....every school has a 2 or 3 star that turns out to have been "mis ID'd" and performs at a higher level....and by the same token, there are some 4's & 5's that are mislabeled and are busts.(we've had a few!).....but, for the most part, the folks that do it for a living, including RD, know what they are talking about....and get it right...even moreso in today's world with social media that doesn't allow for guys like Hershel Walker to go undiscovered....
I bet the subscription recruiting sites just looooooove you...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 13, 2016, 01:11:04 pm
Well you listed two schools that have a huge recruiting base and one that is obviously paying players, none of which does Arkansas have anything in common with.

You guys are wasting your time.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

HogNDas

Why am I having such a hard time convincing our fans that:
1) we CAN recruit on a national level and just as well as ANYBODY!....and
2)  recruiting and stars matter....the evidence is TOO strong to suggest otherwise...
These are NO brainer issues...
I feel like Mr. Douglas on Green Acres!  Everyone did their best to convince the only normal person that he was nuts!.....

ricepig

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogNDas on May 13, 2016, 07:41:20 pm
Why am I having such a hard time convincing our fans that:
1) we CAN recruit on a national level and just as well as ANYBODY!....and
2)  recruiting and stars matter....the evidence is TOO strong to suggest otherwise...
These are NO brainer issues...
I feel like Mr. Douglas on Green Acres!  Everyone did their best to convince the only normal person that he was nuts!.....
it's all true, just include that development matters just as much or more and that there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. That said, you are right. Keep in mind thought that this is Hogville. You are speaking to a forum of Trump voters for the most part, so.....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogNDas

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 13, 2016, 07:58:03 pm
it's all true, just include that development matters just as much or more and that there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. That said, you are right. Keep in mind thought that this is Hogville. You are speaking to a forum of Trump voters for the most part, so.....
I'll definitely concede/admit that, but "thank you" for saying my comments were "true".  I was beginning to wonder if I really was going crazy!  LOL
CBB is the BEST in the SEC at developing a game plan and players....just needs to step up the recruiting a little....

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 13, 2016, 07:58:03 pm
[/b]

Keep your political comments out of the recruiting forum.

Please.

HogNDas

RME

Quote from: HogNDas on May 13, 2016, 01:50:56 pm
....and you buy that?  Bama don't!...nor does Ohio State...or any legitimate contender...

You're asking me if I buy what the head coach says is his own strategy?

...I'm gonna go ahead and say yeah, I buy that

Newsflash: We aren't Bama nor Ohio State.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 15, 2016, 02:17:32 pm
We are if we belieeeeeeve!

I belieeeeve I can fly!    Well, I've learned enough to put her down in an emergency.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 15, 2016, 02:26:42 pm
I think I can... I think I can... I think I can

That's the spirit, and don't worry, you'll soon be reading that masterpiece.

texas tush hog

Quote from: HogNDas on May 13, 2016, 08:03:47 pm
I'll definitely concede/admit that, but "thank you" for saying my comments were "true".  I was beginning to wonder if I really was going crazy!  LOL
CBB is the BEST in the SEC at developing a game plan and players....just needs to step up the recruiting a little....

Even though I have visited with a few of the assistant coaches, I have not had an opportunity to meet coach B until this past Saturday night at the rally after the GDRC golf tournament. Granted it was only for a few minutes, as he was sitting relaxing, at the bar, I think I got to know everything  I needed to know about the man. Sometimes you can look into a man's soul in a short conversation and verify every thing you have surmised listening to his interviews in the media. I honestly believe the man is genuine, much like Hatfield, Joe Kines, and Ford. Unlike Nutt and Petrino. It verified what I believed all along that our program is headed places we have not been before