Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam Dekker is the Truth

Started by Llanowan, March 28, 2015, 07:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Llanowan

His game reminds me so much of Qualls'.  Unfortunately, comparing them makes me realize that Sam Dekker is the prototype of what the NBA wants Mike to be--two inches taller with handles. Qualls is one of my favorite hogs ever; I hope he can work this summer to take people off the dribble (whether he comes back next year or not).

Poker_hog

Comiskey and decker will be the best 2 players on the floor when wisky plays uk. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

jry04

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 28, 2015, 08:23:01 pm
Comiskey and decker will be the best 2 players on the floor when wisky plays uk. 
How did you manage to butcher both of those names?

I agree with you, although it likely won't matter. UK will still likely win because they have the best team. UW And Duke are the only 2 teams I see having a shot to beat UK, but I do not think either do.

Llanowan

I think Karl-Anthony Towns is much better all-around than Kaminsky; Frank has some good footwork and is more polished on offense... but he doesn't really play great defense and he doesn't rebound for anything for a 7 foot guy (less RPG in more minutes than Bobby who plays somewhat similarly outside of the paint).  That'll hurt him when he starts playing against other people his size--he only had 6 today in 38 minutes against Tarczewski.

Poker_hog

Quote from: jry04 on March 28, 2015, 08:33:38 pm

Lol.  I learned to spell in an Arkansas public school...
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

popcornhog

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 28, 2015, 08:23:01 pm

That might be true.

I'd still pick Kentucky nine times out of ten though, due to the relative lack of depth at Wiscy. But they're damn good.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: jry04 on March 28, 2015, 08:33:38 pm

I agree with you, although it likely won't matter. UK will still likely win because they have the best team. UW And Duke are the only 2 teams I see having a shot to beat UK, but I do not think either do.

Sam "Decker" is trending right now on Twitter. Nobody knows how to spell his name. Lol
WPS

TheRazorbackGuy

Is Dekker going to be the next Larry Bird?

Big Daddy

Decker was a five star out of high school. Top 100. NBA player for sure.

Llanowan

My first smite. Ohhhh hogville.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

bigred223

Thepigdoctor

I don't really see much comparison between Dekker and Qualls.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Llanowan on March 28, 2015, 09:27:03 pm
My first smite. Ohhhh hogville.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

It's going to happen, take it in stride, nobody bats 1.000. I'll give you a +1 to balance out and welcome to the board.

Rawker

Dekker, people, Dekker!  And yes, I agree that the UW two will be the best players on the floor in that game.  The problem is that UK has 2-3 that are almost their equal and 7 more that are juuuuuust under that.  Sucks.  But it's true.  However, maybe a couple of UWs supporting cast can lose their mind and help send UK packing.  As an aside, I've seen Kaminsky listed just ahead of BP on a few draft projections, and while I love all Hogs including Portis, I would have to strongly disagree with that assessment and say that Kaminsky looks WAY better than one spot above Portis to me right now.  However, if BP would just like to hang around for as long as Kaminski did...ya know...say, through his senior year....I have no doubt that BP can be the player that Kaminsky is right now.  ;)

Hoggish1

Quote from: Llanowan on March 28, 2015, 07:44:20 pm
His game reminds me so much of Qualls'.  Unfortunately, comparing them makes me realize that Sam Dekker is the prototype of what the NBA wants Mike to be--two inches taller with handles. Qualls is one of my favorite hogs ever; I hope he can work this summer to take people off the dribble (whether he comes back next year or not).

Dekker is 6' 9"