Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Chicken Chili Recipe.....

Started by Boarcephus, December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Cold Weather Bump!  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

My wife volunteered me to cook a batch for a potluck in her OR department Wednesday so I'll put it together tonight.   Instead of plain chicken broth I found Swanson's Mexican Tortilla Chicken broth and thought I'd give that a try and see how that works out.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2014, 02:35:54 pm
My wife volunteered me to cook a batch for a potluck in her OR department Wednesday so I'll put it together tonight.   Instead of plain chicken broth I found Swanson's Mexican Tortilla Chicken broth and thought I'd give that a try and see how that works out.

I've been making my own chicken stock with chicken parts, celery, onions, carrots, and black peppercorns.  It's pretty darn amazing.  Made chicken and dumplings with it last night and it was freaking outstanding.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 02:40:08 pm
I've been making my own chicken stock with chicken parts, celery, onions, carrots, and black peppercorns.  It's pretty darn amazing.  Made chicken and dumplings with it last night and it was freaking outstanding.

Bet that was good.  Seems like when the need arises for chicken broth I never have any so I just buy it.  Must admit I am looking forward to trying this new stuff.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2014, 02:45:30 pm
Bet that was good.  Seems like when the need arises for chicken broth I never have any so I just buy it.  Must admit I am looking forward to trying this new stuff.

I made a huge batch, and froze it in multiple containers for later.  Gonna rock some chicken noodle soup soon too.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 02:51:36 pm
I made a huge batch, and froze it in multiple containers for later.  Gonna rock some chicken noodle soup soon too.

Chicken broth is something I never make unless it's part of a recipe where I use chicken, like gumbo.  Anymore, whenever I make this white chicken chili I just stop at Sam's and buy one of theirs.  Cost me $5 for a 3 pound bird and all I have to do is debone it and the dogs do look forward to that because something always manages to be dropped!  ;)

jacobp

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 02:51:36 pm
I do that as well. I also take a lot of it and reduce it down quite a bit and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then can just toss in various dishes as needed

DeltaBoy

Between now and  April we will make Chicken Soup and White Chili pert near every other weekend.
I will bring back the Ham bone from Thanksgiving and make a big pot of Beans and Cornbread during the Holidays.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

With this extended Fall weather we not made any in a few weeks.

rcopela

I'll be making tonight, weather on its way to single digits, will help keep us warm

DeltaBoy

Good stuff and I will make some this weekend.  Dang it gotten cold.  We were at 17 degrees at 6 am this morning.

rcopela

It's always a hit in our home, 8 degrees here in Fayetteville...balmy

DeltaBoy

We warmed up so far to 36 this afternoon.

DeltaBoy

Going to make it for Super Bowl!

Tim Harris

Well you guys have been talking about this stuff for years so I guess i will finally make some.

DeltaBoy

I made some for our Church chili cookoff  today and it was gone before everyone got feed.

Tim Harris

I have to say it was good stuff.  My wife and I were both really impressed.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 01, 2015, 07:34:28 pm
I have to say it was good stuff.  My wife and I were both really impressed.

What great is you can tinker with it and do all sorts of flavor profiles.

DeltaBoy

I am making this again for our Church Chili Supper again this year.   I really love this over a bowl of Frito Corn Chips.

DeltaBoy

I finished 2nd in the peoples Choice Voting and 5th in the He Man Category out of 40 Crockpots of Chili.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 08, 2016, 01:37:49 pm
I finished 2nd in the peoples Choice Voting and 5th in the He Man Category out of 40 Crockpots of Chili.

You were robbed!!!! 

Hard to believe I posted this recipe over 5 years ago.  Time flies

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 08, 2016, 01:40:21 pm
You were robbed!!!! 

Hard to believe I posted this recipe over 5 years ago.  Time flies

And I been cooking it that long.   Since my Daughter is allergic to Tomatoes it been a great addition to our recipe book.

ShooShooBlue

Wish I'd seen this a few days ago. I had left over white beans and didn't know what to make with them so wound up throwing them out. Thanks for sharing!
twatever!!!😂

DeltaBoy

This stuff is good year around.

DeltaBoy

It a Fall Bump of a Hogville Tailgate Favorite.  This stuff is idiot proof and filling.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 05, 2016, 12:29:34 pm
It a Fall Bump of a Hogville Tailgate Favorite.  This stuff is idiot proof and filling.

You mean fattening.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

TheJoeyBucketz

I've got a pot of this stuff going right now.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

DeltaBoy

I might buy the stuff and make it this weekend.

DeltaBoy

Time to make this again. It going to be a cold wet weekend here in DFW!

DeltaBoy

This dish is good during this Cold Snap.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

pigture perfect

Made some awhile back. Great stuff.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

This is always a great dish even when it is warm.  But now days I have to add Beano powder to the mix to keep things pleasant.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 07, 2017, 11:10:42 am
This is always a great dish even when it is warm. 

One of these quotes is perfect internet banter.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 07, 2017, 11:10:42 am
But now days I have to add Beano powder to the mix to keep things pleasant.

The other is not.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: golf2day on February 07, 2017, 02:37:11 pm
One of these quotes is perfect internet banter.

The other is not.

But the last one is the Gospel Truth.   Father time not be kind to my GI track.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 07, 2017, 03:07:03 pm
But the last one is the Gospel Truth.   Father time not be kind to my GI track.
Yeah, fair point.

Boarcephus

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 08, 2017, 08:08:06 am
Father Time is undefeated. 

No doubt 30 years ago I could eat hot peppers like candy now days 1/2 of one liable to tear me up.

Hawgndaaz

So I need to make this for 25 people. I've never done more than one batch before. Should I just double the broth, chicken, and cheese?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 09, 2017, 08:58:50 am
So I need to make this for 25 people. I've never done more than one batch before. Should I just double the broth, chicken, and cheese?
May need to triple if most of the 25 are adults

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 09, 2017, 08:58:50 am

3 x it .

TomasPistola

Made a triple batch just now. Guess it's a little early since it hasn't gotten cold yet, but I think it will go over well with the co-workers.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

DeltaBoy

This dish is always loved where ever I taken it.

DeltaBoy

Time to make it for Friday's Staff Chili Lunch.

DeltaBoy

My work event got cancelled but I made it last afternoon for our Sunday Night Bible Study group.

I warmed it up a bit more by using 2 small cans of Hatch Chopped Chilies .

DeltaBoy

It was gone in 20 minutes. All gone and the crock pot liner was in the trash , Lid washed , Crock pot wiped down and ready to go home.   I planing to make a some more during Christmas break.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 11, 2017, 02:49:37 pm
It was gone in 20 minutes. All gone and the crock pot liner was in the trash , Lid washed , Crock pot wiped down and ready to go home.   I planing to make a some more during Christmas break.

Always called those liners Crockpot Condoms and they are worth the price.  Glad it went over well. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2017, 05:13:47 pm
Always called those liners Crockpot Condoms and they are worth the price.  Glad it went over well. 

I love them cause it makes clean up a breeze.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am
Guys, started making this and it's great.   Wanted something a little different and came across this.   Not bad, certainly not low fat but good none the less.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½  medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat!  Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.

Just added it to Food Page......
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 12, 2017, 02:26:50 pm
I love them cause it makes clean up a breeze.

Isn't that the truth??  Great for cheese dip. 

BR, this stuff is good.  Hope your world is round. 

Merry Christmas to you two!