Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got screwed. No way around it.

Started by Randohoggie, March 11, 2018, 05:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Randohoggie

No way are we a 7.  No way Florida is a 6 above us.  Hell, even Seth Davis said Florida is losing regardless of who they play and we are likely to challenge Purdue.

Further proof that the SEC Tournament is a complete waste of time.

Dr. Starcs

RazorSax

They had more Q1 wins. Big factor this year.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

BannerMountainMan

It would suck playing Texas Tech in Dallas though 2nd round
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

mj4president

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 11, 2018, 05:33:30 pm

There would be more Hog fans in Dallas than TT.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Gonzo

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 11, 2018, 05:33:30 pm

They would be a tough draw of course, but I don't think being in Dallas would be much of a factor, Hog fans would show out here just as well as Red Raiders I think. Much better than the crowd they'll have in Detroit, dangit, hah

Go Hogs!

Hog_Fink

Purdue is a great match up
little rock almost beat them last year?

Dr. Starcs

Tcu getting a 6 is an absolute joke.

But they'll have fun with Michigan St in Detroit

Randohoggie

Quote from: RazorSax on March 11, 2018, 05:32:03 pm
They had more Q1 wins. Big factor this year.

Apparently the only factor ... doesn't explain how TCU got a 6 over us at 7 when they had hardly any.

TNhawgfan

A few weeks ago, we were projected a 9 or 10. Draw isn't that bad
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

alohawg

They do whatever the heck they want, apparently.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Supermark101

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:30:30 pm
No way are we a 7.  No way Florida is a 6 above us.  Hell, even Seth Davis said Florida is losing regardless of who they play and we are likely to challenge Purdue.

You were warned to expect this in the bracketogy thread. I thought we'd be a 6, but a 7 isnt a screw job. Beat LSU twice and we are probably a 5 seed.

TushCrush

I don't care who we play. Line those mf's up and lets go.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 05:40:36 pm
You were warned to expect this in the bracketogy thread. I thought we'd be a 6, but a 7 isnt a screw job. Beat LSU twice and we are probably a 5 seed.

I still think it is wrong.  Explain TCU over us and how it reconciles with Florida.

HamHands

March 11, 2018, 05:41:43 pm #15 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:10:28 pm by PharmacistHog
Shut up and just win. It is the NCAAT. No cry babies. Just win.
One day at a time.

RazorSax

TCU has the number 10 SOS and 40 OOC SOS. They have 4 Q1 wins and no Q3+ losses.

We are 30 SOS, 94 OOC SOS, have 6 Q1 wins, and a Q3 loss.

We probably aren't far apart, but I could see why they are ahead of us.

Some of you could do a tad bit of research before complaining.

They were probably the last 6 seed and we were the first or second 7 seed.

rhames

Quote from: alohawg on March 11, 2018, 05:40:21 pm
They do whatever the heck they want, apparently.

Well outside of the top 16 teams seeded, yeah basically.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hogsanity

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 05:40:36 pm

NCATT committee considers Hogs one of the top 28 teams in the tourney, how is that a screw job?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mj4president on March 11, 2018, 05:34:46 pm
There would be more Hog fans in Dallas than TT.
So what? Hog fans at BWA did not help vs KY and LSU.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Randohoggie

Quote from: RazorSax on March 11, 2018, 05:42:28 pm
TCU has the number 10 SOS and 40 OOC SOS. They have 4 Q1 wins and no Q3+ losses.

We are 30 SOS, 94 OOC SOS,  6 Q1 wins, and a Q3 loss.

I have read it.  Florida's only claim over us is Q1 wins ... so how is TCU over us when we have more when everything else is close?

hogsanity

Seth also said the Hogs would be in the sweet 16 so whats is your beef?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 05:42:59 pm
NCATT committee considers Hogs one of the top 28 teams in the tourney, how is that a screw job?

Because there is no reason for Florida to have that 6 instead of us.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 05:44:11 pm
Seth also said the Hogs would be in the sweet 16 so whats is your beef?

I don't have a beef with the draw, but by all rights, that 6 in Dallas should have been Arkansas and not Florida.

BayofPigs

I'm loving the matchups tbh, who cares about location if you'd lose your 1st game

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: RazorSax on March 11, 2018, 05:42:28 pm

We are 30 SOS, 94 OOC SOS, have 6 Q1 wins, and a Q3 loss.

Sorry. Got my teams confused. 

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:43:36 pm
I have read it.  Florida's only claim over us is Q1 wins ... so how is TCU over us when we have more when everything else is close?

Might be bracket rules to separate conference teams and rematches.

SPAL

Love the draw. Love it. Committee did a great job..

Randohoggie

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 11, 2018, 05:45:33 pm
Might be bracket rules to separate conference teams and rematches.

That's possible.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rhames

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 11, 2018, 05:46:01 pm
Love the draw. Love it. Committee did a great job..

People are getting too wrapped up in 6's and 7's

my3boneheads

Someone explain the seeding of Oklahoma, A&M, and Alabama.

RazorSax

Our draw is great. I have no issues as a 7 behind TCU and Florida.

Want to talk screw jobs?

That would be having Syracuse, Arizona State, and OU in over USC, St Mary's, and Middle Tennessee.

BenDial

Florida getting a seed ahead of us and playing in Dallas while we go to Detroit is the biggest hose job Arkansas basketball has suffered since the Mississippi State game.

Utterly ridiculous.

BDSCT51

I thought this was a great bracket for us. Don't like that we couldn't get to Dallas/Nashville/Wichita though. We are in! Now let's go kick some Yankee tail in Detroit!
Bleeding Razorback Red

secthundahog

SPRING BREAK DETROIT 2018 BABY!!!!!! FML...... I CAN GET THE TIX IF U GOT THE RIDE. SHTTTT I'LL EVEN BUY YER 2018 SB DETROIT HAWZ TAT

hogsanity

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:44:20 pm
Because there is no reason for Florida to have that 6 instead of us.

Based on what? Fla had more q1 wins and were comparable everywhere else in the stats the NCAAt commttee said they were going to use.

rljjr

Charles Barkley is giving Rasmussen a ration of crap about OU. I'm loving it.

rhames

Quote from: BenDial on March 11, 2018, 05:49:17 pm
Florida getting a seed ahead of us and playing in Dallas while we go to Detroit is the biggest hose job Arkansas basketball has suffered since the Mississippi State game.

Utterly ridiculous.

Flordia has been so far ahead of us in seeding the last month why did any one think we would jump them? The committee doesn't care about conference tournaments. Sad but true.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 05:49:56 pm
Based on what? Fla had more q1 wins and were comparable everywhere else in the stats the NCAAt commttee said they were going to use.

So why is TCU ahead of us?

LRHawg

I mean, at least we're not in UNC's bracket.

Randohoggie

Another huge inconsistency ... Oklahoma gets enough cred from being awesome early that they get a 10 despite being terrible for months.  We, however, get no credit for being the only team to beat them while they were awesome.

rhames

Quote from: my3boneheads on March 11, 2018, 05:46:52 pm
Someone explain the seeding of Oklahoma, A&M, and Alabama.

They were just talking about Oklahoma.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:52:11 pm
Another huge inconsistency ... Oklahoma gets enough cred from being awesome early that they get a 10 despite being terrible for months.  We, however, get no credit for being the only team to beat them while they were awesome.

Great point. Lol

WorfHog

We can beat Bulter and we can beat Purdue. After that it's gravy

oldman1015

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 05:42:59 pm
And the refs will cheat us when we get there. Our fans learn from FCJ. ESPN hates us and now the Tornament people hate us. Haters everywhere. We would be great if we didn't get cheated all the time. Mike is the greatest but we just get cheated by these haters.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

RazorSax

GoHogs1091

Yep, we are more likely an 8 seed.

3 of our losses were to probable NIT teams (Mississippi State and LSU).

Our best non-conference win was against a team that limped into the NCAAT with a 2-8 tally down the stretch (Oklahoma).

Randohoggie

More:  we got dinged down to an 9 seed last year because the SEC supposedly sucked.  This year, we have a comparable record and the SEC puts 9 teams in ... yet we are no better than a 7?  It's a crock.

revolution