Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Mullen Why not this guy?

Started by scaldedhog, September 27, 2017, 09:36:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

majp51

Quote from: scaldedhog on September 27, 2017, 09:36:25 am
What could he do with our facilities?

First off, like it or not MSU to Arkansas at this juncture is a lateral move. SO he gets no real benefit with far higher expectations? You would have to offer him a ridiculous sum to get him here, and the number involved you might really be able to get just about anyone but Saban

JaketheSnake

Quote from: longpig on September 27, 2017, 12:50:35 pm
Red Beaulieu why not this guy?
Showed his weakness already.  One decent player can kill his entire game plan.

moses_007

Mullen won't be hired to coach the Razorbacks.  Our athletic program has had a long standing policy of not hiring a coach away from another conference school.  I don't know if that was just Frank Broyles' policy, or if it an athletic department policy, and I am sure Jeff Long concurs with not doing so.  Arkansas will never hire another coach who coaches another Arkansas school either.  That's why we will never hire Arkansas State's, UCA's coach, etc.

hoghiker

I'm not sure Arkansas is a big enough step up from MSU to make the move attractive to Mullen. Finebaum was ask about where Mullen would go, they are friends, and he stated Tennessee and A&M. Basically said no way he'd go to Arkansas.

rljjr

Quote from: longpig on September 27, 2017, 12:50:35 pm
Red Beaulieu why not this guy?

I'd be happy with ONE crawfish dinner, but 5?!?!? Sign me up.

DeltaBoy

Mullen is beloved by the MSU folks and he beats Ole Myth enough to keep them happy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 27, 2017, 09:45:56 am
Facilities doesn't matter. Players do.

Plus he is 30-36 in SEC games.

Including an Orange Bowl and the #1 ranking in the first CFP poll.  State was a mess when he got there, and it's the kind of place that will have ups and downs.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: The ColonelHog on September 28, 2017, 11:01:33 am
I think we all agree that the BB experiment is over whether it's at the end of this season or next.  Don't fool yourselves, next year's team under this regime will struggle mightily, I don't see 6 wins next season breaking in a new QB and losing other SR key pieces.  So it's safe to say BB is gone, it's just a matter of when.  Now, it's time to get out of fantasy world!  We are NOT going to steal another P5 coach period!  We are not going to get a high profile big name HC either!  None of you will like this but you will see one of the two scenarios play out:

1.  UA will hire a P5 OC or DC to replace BB
2.  UA will hire a non P5 or FCS current HC to replace BB.

I would be fine with either because both scenarios would produce a HUNGRY replacement with a sense of urgency.  I think BB underestimated the SEC and has just lost his hunger to compete in it.  It shows in the product he has put on the field, it shows in his demeanor, and it shows in his appearance. 

Success and failure more often than not is totally dependent on HUNGER and URGENCY!

It's amazing how few FCS coaches make the jump to FBS gigs.  I don't know why that is. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.