Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Update on Michael Dyer

Started by jmingram911, July 31, 2013, 10:26:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorReddie

Quote from: bootzilla on August 01, 2013, 03:31:20 pm
Dyer performing well on the field, and staying out of trouble off the field will not cause the masses to eat crow.  Most posters claimed the disruption of allowing him to be on the team isn't worth what he provides on the field.  On the field success by Dyer doesn't make his detractors wrong... unless they made clear claims he wasn't capable of performing on the field.  I didn't see much of anyone taking this stance.

^^^^^^^^^^
**THIS**

Thank you bootzilla +1

The people, including me, who didn't want Dyer at the U of A already know he is a very good/great running back.  What we didn't want is a first year coach trying to get his team over last seasons disaster and then taking a dagger in the back by Dyers off field or locker room issues.  Not worth the risk to team unity for our first year coach. 
"Life's tough, even tougher if you're stupid"

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: RazorReddie on August 01, 2013, 03:50:15 pm
^^^^^^^^^^
**THIS**

Thank you bootzilla +1

The people, including me, who didn't want Dyer at the U of A already know he is a very good/great running back.  What we didn't want is a first year coach trying to get his team over last seasons disaster and then taking a dagger in the back by Dyers off field or locker room issues.  Not worth the risk to team unity for our first year coach. 

You know, I'd feel the same way about Johnny Football too if he were to decide he wanted to transfer up here. Great talent, but the baggage is just WAAAAY too heavy.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

PorkSoda

The real question would be, if Gruden and Dyer come as a package deal, would you take it?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.