Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud of the Hogs tonight.they lost but they showed a lot of fight

Started by forrest city joe, January 06, 2018, 07:44:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: daprospecta on January 06, 2018, 10:35:58 pm
Yes, it's year 7 and we are a projected 4-5 seed, maybe 6 seed after this week.  What more do you want?

what more do I want? I'd love to see them actually have some set plays for then the motion ( watch 4 guys stand around while one dribbles for 25 seconds ) offense just is not working. I'd love to know that at a key moment they wont give up a offensive board or a wide open 3 because they trap someone 35 ft from the basket and leave a shooter wide open.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

farfromgroovins

PharmacistHog

Quote from: elksnort on January 06, 2018, 10:30:23 pm
I am sorry. Damn voice typing.

I knew thats what it was, but it still made me laugh. Need some funny stuff around here after the last two games.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

razorpimp

Quote from: daprospecta on January 06, 2018, 10:42:21 pm
You expect us to win all games huh? Undefeated right?

Not at all....but these two losses have shown the ceiling of a Mike Anderson team, and I do not see any strides in recruiting for me to think it will be any better in subsequent years!

Also a losers mentality is to come in here and give any credit after a loss like tonight!  It wasn't that auburn was playing that great, the hogs played horrific defense!!!  Defense travels on the road

Hawgndaaz

Mike has been and always be a good coach.

He has not and will never be a great coach.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 06, 2018, 08:25:30 pm
The only thing I'm proud of this game was that it was on TV, and I didn't have to listen to it on the radio. Auburn beat us soundly and I'm sure we will return the favor when they come here. Same as we will do for Miss.St. Losses are never good, just gotta find a way to fix the problems.

I don't think lack of depth can be fixed. We have 1 person that comes in and contributes and it is a crapshoot who that will be.

Fcj, time to pump sunshine somewhere else. I don't think most of this crowd is going to be receptive. It's been too much inconsistency the last 7 years.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 10:44:57 pm
10 years ago I would be your huckleberry but alas I matured a little. Ease up though, people are frustrated and MA has not delivered Nolan 2.0 and not really close to it. So yeah the time comment is going to come out.

Last I wasn't there but I apologize for the poor actions some of our fans showed you!

Those were USC fans. 2005 was at the Colosseum.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

razorpimp

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2018, 10:52:23 pm

Very accurate quote!

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 06, 2018, 07:44:15 pm
Auburn played really well.so i give them credit.but so loved how the Hogs never gave up.they kept fighting until the very end.Auburn shooting won this game.got to find a way to start getting some stops on defense.and keep Gafford out of foul trouble.over all i am not that upset. we just got beat by a good team today.and this one was not because of the refs like the Miss.State game was.it's a long season folks.the Hogs will be fine. going to win some and lose some. GO Hogs.
Great post Joe....+55....enjoy the big loss.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

daprospecta

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 06, 2018, 10:54:27 pm

Those were USC fans. 2005 was at the Colosseum.
Correct, I was not a fan at the game, I was a player.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kevin

We are not the number 22 team in the country anymore

It is a movie we have all seen before.

In the end 21-24 wins, beaten the first weekend of the NCAA tournament

Get ready for next year to be the same
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

roothawg

This team should be better than this. To much standing waiting on one guy to make a play. we have 7 seniors on this team yet we still do this, it is sad because this team has the talent to be special. The guys need to come together and play team ball and quit the 1 on 1 stuff, Then they can beat anybody. Go Hogs

hobhog

I wish someone WOULD and I repeat WOULD say this in my face. Those guys are fighting hard on the court. We didn't win but road games are TOUGH! There was a stat a few years ago where the best teams in the country won 40% of their road games.  I know what it's like to be a student athlete.  While your buddies are partying, you are either in study hall or on a flight to play your next game.  Many of you don't know what it's like to play a road game in college. That USC game in 2005, got soda poured on me and insults and things thrown the entire game.  We are the number 22 team in the country, that may change next week but the same guys dissing CMA were the same clamoring for more time for CBB.  Only an idiot does not see the progress.  Yes, it's year 7 and we are a projected 4-5 seed, maybe 6 seed after this week.  What more do you want?

A new coach

I wish someone WOULD and I repeat WOULD say this in my face. Those guys are fighting hard on the court. We didn't win but road games are TOUGH! There was a stat a few years ago where the best teams in the country won 40% of their road games.  I know what it's like to be a student athlete.  While your buddies are partying, you are either in study hall or on a flight to play your next game.  Many of you don't know what it's like to play a road game in college. That USC game in 2005, got soda poured on me and insults and things thrown the entire game.  We are the number 22 team in the country, that may change next week but the same guys dissing CMA were the same clamoring for more time for CBB.  Only an idiot does not see the progress.  Yes, it's year 7 and we are a projected 4-5 seed, maybe 6 seed after this week.  What more do you want?
I would like for anderson's best team to be a top 3 seed. The team with 6 seniors facing a drop off next year. That doesn't seem too much to ask. We have won 2 NCAA tournament games in 6 years, is that sufficient for you?

elksnort

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2018, 10:52:23 pm

I think many, if not most of us feel this way. 

AFWarrior83

They fought hard in the 2nd half, after they played a lousy 1st half. I'll be proud of them when they play a complete game (win or lose). If the hogs play hard a full game, then I don't see many loses.
Hogville member since 2005.

Fan701

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on January 07, 2018, 09:40:29 am
They fought hard in the 2nd half, after they played a lousy 1st half. I'll be proud of them when they play a complete game (win or lose). If the hogs play hard a full game, then I don't see many loses.
Yep. Late in the second half if Macon just could have hit a three or two, as he often does, and if that three pointer AU made that bounced high off the front of the rim and somehow went in hadn't gone, we might have pulled off the comeback win.  We were within seven points several times with chances to get closer, but just couldn't close the deal this time.  Barford almost brought us back single-handedly, but he needed some help from Macon that just didn't come this time.

hobhog

My son is a student and huge Hog fan. He and his buddies are not big MA fans and were not impressed with the "effort".

AU owned us with a team picked to do nothing this year. I guess the refs screwed us again.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2018, 06:34:50 am
We are not the number 22 team in the country anymore

It is a movie we have all seen before.

In the end 21-24 wins, beaten the first weekend of the NCAA tournament

Get ready for next year to be the same
Yes, been there done that. Losing all these seniors this year will buy Mike 3-4 more years. I think he is "coach for life" regardless.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

bkjbearcat

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 07, 2018, 10:19:26 am
Yes, been there done that. Losing all these seniors this year will buy Mike 3-4 more years. I think he is "coach for life" regardless.

With Mr. Integrity Long? Sure. The new AD I bet he's starting to wonder if Hogs can do better. It's not like if they get rid of MA at season's end they lose a 5*.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

porkinsons disease

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 07, 2018, 10:26:01 am
With Mr. Integrity Long? Sure. The new AD I bet he's starting to wonder if Hogs can do better. It's not like if they get rid of MA at season's end they lose a 5*.
Hopefully whatever decision is made is for the betterment of the University of Arkansas
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Rocket23

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 08:02:48 pm
didn't play much in the 2nd half and we made a big comeback!!

Yet He was in late and jacks up three early then drives for layup when a three was critical when we needed to cut from eight.

HF#1

We were incredibly soft and passive the last two games. No intensity, no pressure, no energy. That has to change when we go on the road.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Iwastherein1969

getting down 21 points to Auburn in hoops is simply pathetic...I don't give a damm what their record might be...we had the better talent on the court last night, a team willing to run up and down the court with us and we just couldn't get the job done....the Hogs are quickly losing their shine and if they don't get it together and soon, we can worry about having a first NIT game at home instead of our seeding in the NCAA tournament
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogsanity

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 07, 2018, 10:26:01 am

you think they are going to pay another huge buyout in a sport where apparently several thousand will just turnout out to see Mike on the sideline.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cardsNhogs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 07:49:25 pm
and then win on Saturday and we are 13-4 and 3-2 in the SEC and back on track
Then we will go on the road and get beat again.