Next year

Started by cram224, March 23, 2018, 10:39:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cram224

MY prediction is Ark will play on Wednesday of next years SECT.  >:(

FineAsSwine

I predict we will go undefeated.  ;D

golfinpig

I predict we will continue to try to run his ridiculous trapping defense and give up lay ups and open 3's. Also, the only offensive play will be the weave with lots and lots of dribbling. Translation, bottom third of SEC.

Pumbaa

Quote from: cram224 on March 23, 2018, 10:39:26 am

My prediction is that your prediction is probably wrong. One of us will be right (probably me) :)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: golfinpig on March 23, 2018, 11:11:17 am
I predict we will continue to try to run his ridiculous trapping defense and give up lay ups and open 3's. Also, the only offensive play will be the weave with lots and lots of dribbling. Translation, bottom third of SEC.
you should apply at the local YMCA and do some coaching!!!

Cargill A. BullHog

I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

at least 1 3pt basket in every game

winning record at home

continued dominance in close games

A clean program

Class and Dignity from the sidelines

Continued development of players

NCAA berth
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

hobhog

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on March 23, 2018, 11:50:52 am
I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

winning record at home

A clean program

NCAA berth

That would be his best coaching job yet and would save his job.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: hobhog on March 23, 2018, 12:39:44 pm
That would be his best coaching job yet and would save his job.
I don't know why people think his job is in jeopardy.

Kevin

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on March 23, 2018, 01:44:46 pm

me either
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HF#1

I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

winning record at home

A clean program

NCAA berth

I would be surprised. This is a total rebuild year. We have no idea how this group coming in will look on the court.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

I don't think it is but his welcome could be wearing out.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: HF#1 on March 23, 2018, 01:53:05 pm
I would be surprised. This is a total rebuild year. We have no idea how this group coming in will look on the court.
agreed. If he can pull off, though, wow. I'm hoping, though!
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

HF#1

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on March 23, 2018, 01:54:28 pm
agreed. If he can pull off, though, wow. I'm hoping, though!

If he does, I'll be expecting Elite 8 or better the years following.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: HF#1 on March 23, 2018, 01:58:09 pm
If he does, I'll be expecting Elite 8 or better the years following.
So you're saying that overperforming next year would bring about expectation of overperformance in the future? I don't think that's a fair expectation. NCAAT next year would be 4 in 5 years, which would be very nice, and yes, it would certainly point to brighter subsequent years.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Busta_Nutt

I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

winning record at home

A clean program

NCAA berth

I'll take whatever you're having. Only correct point in this is the clean program, which is unfortunate.

Sivad

They are basing it on his 7 years and lack of meaningful success.
They have not factored in his Nolan connection and resulting lifetime free pass.

Oliver

MY prediction is that Mike will meet "expectations"

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Sivad on March 23, 2018, 09:15:39 pm
They are basing it on his 7 years and lack of meaningful success.
They have not factored in his Nolan connection and resulting lifetime free pass.
I understand he doesn't have any meaningful success as far as SEC championships or deep runs in the tourney but I like to look at the big picture and no I'm not a CMA fan, just a Arkansas optimist. We have been in tournament not on the bubble in 3 of the last 4 years. Played in the SEC tournament 2 of the last 4 years. We got every recruit we wanted out of our home state in the past 2 now 3 if we count Hill in 19 and get Javon Franklin which we've had trouble with in the past. For the first time since Anderson has been here we will have athleticism and length ( with or without Gafford). And we will have a roster made up of guys who will be here four years except Gafford. I think the foundation has finally been laid and we have exactly what we need to be successful. The only thing that has stopped us from getting over the hump is player retention. Transfers, Medical issues, dismissals, early departures, which cause us to either fill gaps or bring in projects. Some work most don't. I know this is the coaches job and I think he's figured that part out. Because we won't have many one and done types we have to depend on keep players in the program 4 years and allowing them to develop to their greatest college potential.

BannerMountainMan

I just want you all to know that Jalen Harris is a stud, Barford said he is the quickest player he has ever seen, I don't see much 1 on 1 ball for the hogs next year, we gonna be moving it around a lot more!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

Mike will have to pull off a Calipari-like performance to make this thing work next year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 23, 2018, 11:03:33 pm
I just want you all to know that Jalen Harris is a stud, Barford said he is the quickest player he has ever seen, I don't see much 1 on 1 ball for the hogs next year, we gonna be moving it around a lot more!

Definitely possible that Jalen can soften up the defense and open up some threes and lobs. I have a hard time seeing them not being very good.  For the most part, Ever since CMA has had his own guys, they've been pretty dang good.

I predict: a) not a losing record, b) not a sweet 16. Just like every year.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Karma on March 24, 2018, 07:29:34 pm
I predict: a) not a losing record, b) not a sweet 16. Just like every year.

Really bold

jchill

We will be a good team next year and finish with at least 24 wins along with an NCAA berth.

3kgthog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 23, 2018, 11:03:33 pm

It hasn't happened in seven years and it's not going to change.

HogBreath

When next year gets here, will we still be able to say just wait till Mike gets his players in here?  That one has proved to be very useful.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

j-mann

i say 500 or 16-14   we will be loseing at least 4 starters maybe 5   i see 6 or 7 SEC wins   and 10 nonconf wins   NIT shouild be the goal for next season 
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

raz1965

Loyola is going to the final four, nobody could predict that , nor can anybody say with any credibility what Arkansas can't do next year.

orvillesghost

Around 18 or 19 wins would be my guess and a NIT bid

The usual weakness in rebounding and defending the three point shot and struggles against anyone they can't force into turnovers.

Good crowds in BWA. Say what you want, Mike's teams are fun to watch when they don't get hammered. They are entertaining and that is all most fans want these days anyway.

Slater

I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

winning record at home

A clean program

NCAA berth

An I predict all the Anderson haters will continue to bitch and moan because they HATE the man
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 11:43:25 am
you should apply at the local YMCA and do some coaching!!!

I think he already lives at one.

steveaustin69

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 24, 2018, 09:56:25 pm
I think he already lives at one.

23>30 right? You're a joke.

Torqued pork

We will be reminded we're SO YOUNG very early and very often. The coach and our state's gutless sports media will make sure of it.

HogBreath

Quote from: Torqued pork on March 24, 2018, 10:40:13 pm
We will be reminded we're SO YOUNG very early and very often. The coach and our state's gutless sports media will make sure of it.
Ding ding...we have a winner.  We're just young, then the transferring out of the program will start between seasons.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pumbaa

And somehow those facts will be wrong? This group will be very young. The JUCOs had to have a little time to adjust. What wouldn't the fresh out of high school guys? Shoot, Cal's can't miss NBA freshmen have to have time to adjust every year.

rude1

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 24, 2018, 11:07:35 pm
And somehow those facts will be wrong? This group will be very young. The JUCOs had to have a little time to adjust. What wouldn't the fresh out of high school guys? Shoot, Cal's can't miss NBA freshmen have to have time to adjust every year.
Why are we so young? Is it because we brought in a group of freshman that developed over the years, had success and now are gone? Or is it because we have a mismanaged roster with poor recruiting over the years propped up by jucos and low level transfers where it can't be delayed any longer, it must come home to roost?

liljo

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 24, 2018, 09:58:35 pm
23>30 right? I'm an a-hole.

I agree. I reviewed your last twenty or so posts. You were a complete jerk in 18 of 'em. Come on man, Sears Parking Lot. April 7. I always love meeting brave men like yourself.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Mr. Porkleone

I predict the 8th year of Mediocre basketball under Mike the bear Anderson

texas tush hog

Quote from: jchill on March 24, 2018, 07:33:50 pm
We will be a good team next year and finish with at least 24 wins along with an NCAA berth.

I believe you are onto something.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Slater on March 24, 2018, 09:37:32 pm
An I predict all the Anderson haters will continue to bitch and moan because they HATE the man

An you would be correct.

Pumbaa

Quote from: rude1 on March 24, 2018, 11:38:53 pm
Why are we so young? Is it because we brought in a group of freshman that developed over the years, had success and now are gone? Or is it because we have a mismanaged roster with poor recruiting over the years propped up by jucos and low level transfers where it can't be delayed any longer, it must come home to roost?

So are you saying you would rather have 3 more jrs next year rather than having Macon, Barford, and Cook the last 2 years? I can see you arguing Cook but you win some and lose some. He was a top 5 juco guy and we'll worth the risk. Get out of here with that nonsense though. No way you would pass on Macon and Barford. These guys coming in are going to be good. Maybe not be rock stars from the get go but with time I have no doubt this group will have a lot of success in a Hog uniform. And if they all stick around, I'm very excited to see what they do once they are upperclassmen.

PORKULATOR

I predict:

20+ wins

+.500 record in the SEC

winning record at home

A clean program

NCAA berth
word
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: liljo on March 24, 2018, 11:47:18 pm
I agree. I reviewed your last twenty or so posts. You were a complete jerk in 18 of 'em. Come on man, Sears Parking Lot. April 7. I always love meeting brave men like yourself.
my moneys on you... i cant bet on a hater..

liljo

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 25, 2018, 10:32:21 am
my moneys on you... i cant bet on a hater..

It's smart money. I'll make you proud.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: liljo on March 25, 2018, 10:37:39 am
It's smart money. I'll make you proud.

maybe ill buy him a plane ticket to somewhere with no service with my winnings!!!

steveaustin69

Quote from: liljo on March 24, 2018, 11:47:18 pm

I've got quite a bit of real estate in that pea brain, huh?

HognotinMemphis

I've already stated in another couple of threads that my analysis of next year's team is that it will be a struggle. Having made the NCAAT for 3 of past 4 seasons, next year will be a "rebuilding" year for Anderson. He will claim it as such sooner than later. Losing 6 seniors and Gafford. This will be his first losing season in his head coaching career. 6 or 7 wins in SEC will be excellent.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HeyHogs

Quote from: cram224 on March 23, 2018, 10:39:26 am
really stepping out on that limb. 😉

johnfanman

We are losing too much "experienced" fire power. We will have a down year I would imagine, but upside would be the new guys get some experience. I would love for some of our guys to step up and be a force right away, but our recruiting history hasn't provided too many of those types. There will likely be some great moments with good wins, but there will also be some bad patches. '19-20 season we should have higher expectations again. If that season is a bust, I bet Mike's seat gets hot pretty fast.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

RazorPiggie

Winner winner.