Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 10:17:11 pm

Aggies

Started by EastexHawg, March 22, 2018, 08:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Got their 15 minutes of fame before getting hammered from tip off to buzzer.  Maybe they can go build a stick fire to console themselves.

bigred223

Glad to see them get smashed.

EastexHawg

Maybe the same will happen to Kentucky.  It's starting off that way.

Pumbaa

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 22, 2018, 08:32:56 pm
Got their 15 minutes of fame before getting hammered from tip off to buzzer.  Maybe they can go build a stick fire to console themselves.

They played well for one weekend. They did not play to their potential all year long and in my opinion did not deserve a 7 seed. If you want to talk about an underachieving team this year it was definitely A&M.

King Kong

Aggies going to Aggie

Breems

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 22, 2018, 09:11:50 pm
They played well for one weekend. They did not play to their potential all year long and in my opinion did not deserve a 7 seed. If you want to talk about an underachieving team this year it was definitely A&M.

It would feel weird to be an Aggie fan. Obviously they got a Sweet Sixteen and their fans are probably happy, but that has to feel like the least satisfying Sweet Sixteen ever.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pumbaa

Quote from: Breems on March 22, 2018, 09:16:15 pm
It would feel weird to be an Aggie fan. Obviously they got a Sweet Sixteen and their fans are probably happy, but that has to feel like the least satisfying Sweet Sixteen ever.

I agree. I'm not saying that it isn't important to do well in the tournament but I don't feel that it's always a good correlation to how your season has gone or really how good of a team you have (e.g. Syracuse is just tough to prep for in two days but probably shouldn't have even made the tourney). I think making the tournament and really the seeding you have going into the tournament are probably better indicators. Another reason I think Coach Anderson's job is very secure.

cityhog

A&M = sweet 16

Arkansas Razorbacks = 1st round humiliating loss

Yeah, they should be so embarrassed.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: cityhog on March 23, 2018, 11:08:43 am
A&M = sweet 16

does any of it really matter if you dont make it to the final 4 or win it all? lol

EastexHawg

A&M = sweet 16

Of course they had a better tournament than we had.  That's not the point.  I just can't stand them and enjoy seeing them get stomped.

They beat a North Carolina team that wasn't up to Carolina standards and played poorly.  Still, they won and that can't be taken from them.

cityhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 11:10:01 am
does any of it really matter if you dont make it to the final 4 or win it all? lol

well considering we advertise the number of sweet 16s that we've been to on the video board on the court, yeah, I'd say it matters.

bigred223

A&M = sweet 16

Not saying we were better, but I can never root for them.

AFWarrior83

Aggies gonna Aggie.
Hogville member since 2005.