Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coach Mega Thread (current leader:Musselman) **clean version**

Started by RazorPiggie, March 18, 2018, 07:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 22, 2018, 08:10:58 pm
Musselman made a huge coaching blunder at the end there. Down 1 and 34 seconds left you have to foul there. He chose to play defense.  Even if they miss, you're left with 4 seconds. Amazing that coaches at this level dont know situational strategy.

You honestly think Musselman doesn't know situational strategy?
He just chose a different strategy than you would have or what many coaches would have.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kevin

Quote from: hoglady on March 23, 2018, 07:18:58 am
You honestly think Musselman doesn't know situational strategy?
He just chose a different strategy than you would have or what many coaches would have.

that is the way the pros play it. I personally would have fouled to lengthened the game.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorPiggie

Atlhogfan1

When I saw they weren't going to foul, I was immediately thinking Loyola advantage as long as they didn't shoot too early or turn it over. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

nationwish

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2018, 08:25:14 am
that is the way the pros play it. I personally would have fouled to lengthened the game.

They can take a time out and advance the ball in the NBA, though.

Been10Hog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 22, 2018, 08:10:58 pm
Musselman made a huge coaching blunder at the end there. Down 1 and 34 seconds left you have to foul there. He chose to play defense.  Even if they miss, you're left with 4 seconds. Amazing that coaches at this level dont know situational strategy.
Nothing wrong with how he played it, just his choice. Remember Collin Sexton made it all the way to the rim in less than 4 sec in SEC tourney

golfinpig

I would take the Loyola coach and I don't even know his damn name.

Swinesong1

Quote from: golfinpig on March 23, 2018, 11:17:54 am
I would take the Loyola coach and I don't even know his damn name.
He was the UALR coach.  UALR could have two ex-coaches in the Elite Eight. 

HF#1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 23, 2018, 11:34:19 am
He was the UALR coach.  UALR could have two ex-coaches in the Elite Eight. 

Crazy ain't it? It gets old seeing great coaches and players waltz through this state while we linger in the first round middle of the SEC doldrums.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Swinesong1

Quote from: HF#1 on March 23, 2018, 11:36:05 am
Crazy ain't it? It gets old seeing great coaches and players waltz through this state while we linger in the first round middle of the SEC doldrums.
That was UALR and I don't think anyone considered Moser or Beard great coaches.

HF#1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 23, 2018, 11:37:15 am

Hindsight now but I thought Beard was a great coach. UALR was Moser's first Head Coaching job and it didn't go well so you are probably correct.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pumbaa

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 18, 2018, 07:21:38 pm
Nevada HC. 2 NCAAT appearance in 3 years. Now in the Sweet Sixteen. Thoughts?

He blew the game yesterday when there was 36ish seconds left, down 1, had only fouled 4 times in the half, and let Loyola run down the clock without applying any pressure on the ball handler. That is my only thought on him.

Hawg414

Moser, probably not.  But I think Beard is outstanding.  He ran UALR to a ridiculous record with no real talent on the team.  And now at Tx Tech he has them in the top 10 in year two. 

Inhogswetrust

A lot of people even some in Arkansas consider both of them now to be better then the one on the hill.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

azhog10

Comical.....got some feelings hurt. I'm sure Musselman will adapt.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Porkys Revenge

Deep Shoat

For the record, Yurachek's statement was about expectations for the program, not requirements for the coaching hire.

Y'all need to stop lying in an attempt to prop up Mediocre Mike.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

UnknownNobody

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 02, 2019, 03:29:05 pm
Good job erryboody. Need to try again I guess.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 02, 2019, 03:24:33 pm
oh yeah wise guy>? not going to mention his lack of schollies that year and what transfers he pulled instead?

I am about sick of all these meat heads and their disingenuous posts.

This is the norm for HV. With any given coaching search you have the following groups.

Former Coach Luvas: They will never get over the firing of the previous coach and will take shots at any candidate who comes up and will for years to come freak out about every misstep the new coach makes.

I Want This Coach Folks: Early on they will have a favorite candidate and will mine any nuggett they can find to denigrate every other candidate.

Home Run Hires: This group wants the most unrealistic crazypants candidate to be hired and no other will do. Think Gruden! In past football searches.

Then there are the folks who have an idea of realistic candidates that they feel will be good hires and are willing to wait and see what happens.

Ex-Trumpet

Crap, I step away to get some work done, and y'all apparently went full-retard.  I always miss the good stuff.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Deep Shoat

Kevin Keathley ?
@CoachKeathley
14m14 minutes ago More
This will be one of the great hires in college basketball by Arkansas...Mark it down! Eric Musselman eats, sleeps & breathes the game. His swagger is unmatched, his B-ball IQ is off the charts. He will out work his competition & his energy is contagious!

@CoachKeathley
31m31 minutes ago
More
Arkansas has hit a grand slam with the hiring of Eric Musselman!! Big time in every way....Wow! Congrats to both!
All Gas, No Brakes!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

TebowHater

Quote from: UnknownNobody on April 02, 2019, 03:42:45 pm
This is the norm for HV. With any given coaching search you have the following groups.

Former Coach Luvas: They will never get over the firing of the previous coach and will take shots at any candidate who comes up and will for years to come freak out about every misstep the new coach makes.

I Want This Coach Folks: Early on they will have a favorite candidate and will mine any nuggett they can find to denigrate every other candidate.

Home Run Hires: This group wants the most unrealistic crazypants candidate to be hired and no other will do. Think Gruden! In past football searches.

Then there are the folks who have an idea of realistic candidates that they feel will be good hires and are willing to wait and see what happens.

Where does the group who wants nothing to do with the old coach (anyone is an upgrade) but wants any of the top 9 options - when we fall to mid-major is disappointed fit in?

Pig in the Pokey

facts. strong-ass post.

the bolded- This is exactly what Im doing to all the corporate shills the Dems are running against Bernie lmao. Im lookin at you, creepy uncle joe...

TebowHater

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 02, 2019, 03:43:15 pm
Kevin Keathley ?
@CoachKeathley
14m14 minutes ago More
This will be one of the great hires in college basketball by Arkansas...Mark it down! Eric Musselman eats, sleeps & breathes the game. His swagger is unmatched, his B-ball IQ is off the charts. He will out work his competition & his energy is contagious!

@CoachKeathley
31m31 minutes ago
More
Arkansas has hit a grand slam with the hiring of Eric Musselman!! Big time in every way....Wow! Congrats to both!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 02, 2019, 03:44:33 pm
facts. strong-ass post.

the bolded- This is exactly what Im doing to all the corporate shills the Dems are running against Bernie lmao. Im lookin at you, creepy uncle joe...

Ulysses_S_Grunt

I thought they banned those two guys?

UnknownNobody

LeroyJenkins420

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 02, 2019, 03:43:15 pm
Kevin Keathley ?
@CoachKeathley
14m14 minutes ago More

After that there is only one thing left for Musselman to say when he is introduced:

I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and most vicious and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no-one can stop me. I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever. There's never been anybody as ruthless. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey, there's no one like me — I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeD5KXx5WI

TebowHater

Quote from: TebowHater on April 02, 2019, 03:44:54 pm
I tried to post this earlier from a very credible source in Fayetteville, too.

To be clear, I posted this when all our reporters were posting he was here and was run out of town with responses like "RD just confirmed, too", etc.  Obviously wasn't a blind guess by me.

I still think he is probably the leader to end up the coach but I believe neither he nor HY were in Fayetteville at the time he was reported to be here.

There has been very little air traffic at Drake the last few days. If anyone is a controller and can get me a list of arrivals/departures over the past two days I'll be able to tell you where HY is. I can track blocked planes but not blocked arrivals/departures, so just need to figure out who to track.

azhog10

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 02, 2019, 03:48:32 pm
The top right pic cracks me up haha
all of them are uncomfortable AF except her LMAO!! she's all," YASSSS, Joe!"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig in the Pokey

I am awaiting HogDiggityHog's reply lol.

But let's try to keep it classy this time, guys.

UnknownNobody

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 02, 2019, 03:51:57 pm

This Shatner needs to be in Politics.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 02, 2019, 03:51:57 pm

The latest is a lady that was scarred from an Uncle Joe eskimo kiss lol. I crap you negative.
Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: UnknownNobody on April 02, 2019, 03:53:34 pm

This Shatner needs to be in Politics.
I know, it'll fizzle out. This is actually the best Ive ever seen a semi-political convo go on here. Should give a kudos.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 02, 2019, 03:54:20 pm
The latest is a lady that was scarred from an Uncle Joe eskimo kiss lol. I crap you negative.
I saw that. "rubbed noses" lol!! But, I mean, would you let a man rub noses with ya?  ;D ;D