Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many games will the Hogs win in regular season?

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 03, 2016, 12:43:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will we win this year in regular season? .

Over 50
5 (5.1%)
45 to 49
5 (5.1%)
40 to 44
45 (45.5%)
35 to 39
32 (32.3%)
30 to 34
11 (11.1%)
25 to 29
1 (1%)
24 or less
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 13, 2016, 12:43:48 am

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 03, 2016, 12:43:48 am Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:40:27 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
We'll run another poll in a few weeks to see how much our minds have changed.

"https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/698625143686303744

OnTheHillHogFan

We won 35 last year and that was with us struggling at the beginning which I don't see us doing because of the experience on the mound coming back. I picked the 45-49 and I think we win 45 on the nose.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Knot2brite

I am tempering my enthusiasm this season...for some reason every sport has started off slow and finished hot....just going to ride the medium wagon early...may change my mind by the time the next poll comes out
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

dbhog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on February 03, 2016, 12:49:03 am
We won 35 last year and that was with us struggling at the beginning which I don't see us doing because of the experience on the mound coming back. I picked the 45-49 and I think we win 45 on the nose.

I see the hitting struggling at the beginning.  Plus the schedule doesn't provide any breaks, either.  I am thinking maybe 36-37 wins

jry04

40-44.

Our hitting will be better top to bottom, despite not having the star power of Spoon or Benintendi. We will have better mid-week pitching, which result in few mid-week losses. DVH always has us playing our best baseball around conference play, combine that with a favorable non-conference schedule early and I like our chances to have a high win total. I think we go 21-5 in non-conference, and 19-11 in conference play to finish 40-16.

JackMcQueen

Past five years we've won 40, 40, 39, 46, & 40 games (post season included), I'm thinking 36-37 regular season wins, but 41-42 overall. I hope we hit a higher total than that though. :razorback:
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jry04 on February 03, 2016, 01:09:29 pm
40-44.

Our hitting will be better top to bottom, despite not having the star power of Spoon or Benintendi. We will have better mid-week pitching, which result in few mid-week losses. DVH always has us playing our best baseball around conference play, combine that with a favorable non-conference schedule early and I like our chances to have a high win total. I think we go 21-5 in non-conference, and 19-11 in conference play to finish 40-16.

100%. right on, ditto, or however you want to say it.  I agree  ;D
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

lefty08

I vote 35-39

Schedule is just too damn tough to expect more than this imo
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

I voted 40-44 because I think we are going to have a fantastic year!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhog1

I voted 35 to 39. I think we could win anywhere from 35-45.  It should be another great year.

BroyledNutts

flippinhogmana

Knock on wood that I dont jinx us by revisiting this, but I think the ones of us who said 40-44 won games during the regular season are being somewhat validated already for our optimistic evaluation of the team...what say you other fans now?  Think we had it kinda right so far?

Shrevepork

Let's find out how the baseball team is starting out so hot, distill it, put it in a bottle , and send it to the football team.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Shrevepork on February 28, 2016, 07:15:02 am
Let's find out how the baseball team is starting out so hot, distill it, put it in a bottle , and send it to the football team.
You ain't lyin.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

flippinhogmana

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 28, 2016, 07:57:07 pm
how many do they play ?

25 non conference and 30 conference..unless they add some midweek or unless we have some rainouts...for a total of 55.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 28, 2016, 10:07:34 pm

25 non conference and 30 conference..unless they add some midweek or unless we have some rainouts...for a total of 55.
Would like for us to start conference play with less than 2 losses (undefeated preferable).  I think that would lock us in as a 40+ win team.  Although, very good teams go .500 in SEC play.  Will be a good battle as always.

I will go with 40-15 (18-12 SEC).

jry04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 28, 2016, 10:07:34 pm

We play 26 non-conference. 19 games before the first SEC series, then Memphis, Creighton, ULM, OK ST x2, Missouri St x2.

Most would expected us to go anywhere from 17-13 to 20-10 this season in SEC play. Looking at the non-conference schedule, I think we go no worse than 22-4, but definitely think 24-2 is very likely. Even at 22-4, if we can go 18-12 in the SEC we are sitting on 40 wins. I said 21-5 in non-conference before the season started, expecting to lose 2 in Houston. I honestly think if we can win our midweeks this week and next, then we will be 19-0 entering conference play, and will finish no worse than 3 losses in non-conference overall.

dotnet

18-12 is a very good year in SEC play.

Law of averages would have you expecting to lose at least a game against CMU (first weekend and all) and/or down in Houston. 

You would still expect to lose a game or more against OSU (2), Memphis (?), Gonzaga (2), Missouri St (2)

If Arkansas goes 40-15 with that schedule, you would have to expect to at least host.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: dotnet on February 29, 2016, 10:33:27 am
18-12 is a very good year in SEC play.

Law of averages would have you expecting to lose at least a game against CMU (first weekend and all) and/or down in Houston. 

You would still expect to lose a game or more against OSU (2), Memphis (?), Gonzaga (2), Missouri St (2)

If Arkansas goes 40-15 with that schedule, you would have to expect to at least host.
I agree.  18-12 is very difficult.  I would have never expected to win all 3 in Houston to begin the year.  If our guys continue to hit like they have and can solidify some starting pitching behind Taco, hosting should be expected with a long shot at a national seed.  Not sure how much top pitching we will put into those midweek games.  Hopefully the depth of quality arms we showed on Saturday and Sunday will help us win most of the midweek games (as well as help on the weekends).  The OSU and Missouri St games will be tricky...glad they are split and not back to back days.  I'd imagine both of those teams would like to beat us pretty bad after last year.