Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG baseball/softball event if you have kids that play or you coach

Started by heinekenhary, January 05, 2016, 11:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heinekenhary

Since some of y'all have kids that play baseball/softball I wanted to let you guys know about this cool opportunity coming up for baseball and softball players/parents.  It will be held at The Summit Church in LR, January 23 from 11:00-2:30ish. 

Coach Fullerton (Harding Academy) has put together an event bringing Steve Springer in from California, the mental/performance coach for the Toronto Blue Jays, to Little Rock.  Coach Springer is one of the top baseball hitting instructors in the country.  Through his website qualityatbats.com he has helped thousands of young players by focusing on the mental side of the game to build confidence in players and the ability to deal with the anxiety that comes with failure in baseball/softball.  Players attending will receive Spring's CD, which many MLB players claim to have listened to close to 1000 times.

Spring is a constant voice to some of the most elite hitters in Major League Baseball.  Paul Goldschmidt (Arizona Diamondbacks), Daniel Murphy (NY Mets) and Ben Zobrist (Chicago Cubs) are just a few of the top MLB players that give testament to Spring's message.

In addition to Spring, players will get an arm-care seminar from Paul Howey.  Paul is from Searcy and works as a strength and conditioning coach for the Seattle Mariners.

There are 2 seminars to choose from for the last session.

One will be for the HS age baseball/softball players/parents. Zac Bottoms of Prep Baseball Report will handle the baseball side.  Zac will give valuable information about the recruiting process for both players and parents. Robby Wilson of National Scouting Report will do the same on the softball side.

The other is for pre-HS age players/parents.  The players/parents will receive information on how to prepare for HS baseball/softball.  There will be a panel of HS baseball coaches for the baseball folks which will include a Q/A session.  A panel of HS softball coaches will do the same for the softball people.

The cost is $75 per player and parents or coaches are free with a paid player(Spring encourages parents to be there as much as players).  If we can get 10+ from a team attend, then the price goes down to $65 and Spring will throw in 10 extra CD's for the coach. 

The brochure is attached and has all of the details.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Please, pass this brochure along to any baseball or softball people you might know.  Springer works with kids down to about 10 yrs.  We are trying to blast social media with this information/brochure and I could use your help with that, as well.

Spring spoke at the state coaches clinic a few weeks back and it's really solid stuff that can benefit players through their whole career.

Thanks, guys.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

heinekenhary

They'll be talking about this event today on 103.7 The Buzz at 3:30.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock