Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James McCann just got a nice Thanksgiving present!

Started by 89ALUM, November 27, 2015, 10:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

89ALUM

Alex Avila signed with the White Sox.  This means a big playing time increase for James, probably.

Avila had 178 very forgettable at bats last season.  You gotta figure McCann inherits the bulk of those.  Plus, James is much better defensively than anyone else on the Tigers' roster.  He's become one of the clubhouse leaders, and I think Avila saw the handwriting on the wall.

The Tigers backup catcher for James would be Bryan Holaday.  Not too worried about him pushing James out.

I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

3kgthog

It seems the number of DVH players getting meaningful time in the show has really increased the last few years. He's easily the best and most consistent coach we have on campus.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hawgey-Davidson

He's going to have a solid MLB career. Good for him. Quality young man to boot.