Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball recruiting question

Started by Tortfeasor, October 26, 2015, 09:13:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortfeasor

A HS junior I know would like to talk with Arkansas coaches. He has offers from several SEC schools as well as Big 12 schools. Big right-handed pitcher that throws mid 90's. His dad said he sent video in but hasn't heard from anyone. Does anyone know how the staff handles recruiting juniors? More and more schools are getting in on this kid and I want the Hogs in the mix.

Dr. Starcs

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Tortfeasor on October 26, 2015, 09:13:50 pm
A HS junior I know would like to talk with Arkansas coaches. He has offers from several SEC schools as well as Big 12 schools. Big right-handed pitcher that throws mid 90's. His dad said he sent video in but hasn't heard from anyone. Does anyone know how the staff handles recruiting juniors? More and more schools are getting in on this kid and I want the Hogs in the mix.
maybe give this a shot - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/questionnaire-bsb/

Winter Prospect Camp or Pitching Clinic Jan 24th - http://www.arkansasbaseballcamp.com/

click on coaches and it has phone numbers for DVH, Vitello and Jorn - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/athletics-2/athletics/

Tortfeasor

futurehogdad

Quote from: Tortfeasor on October 26, 2015, 09:13:50 pm

If you want to get DVH'S attention contact WSU and get Butler interested and DVH will swoop in and offer.

Slugger

If you just send Vitello a good short email listing ACT score, velocity, coach contact information, and personal contact information, that should do the trick. That's how I got my first couple of D1 offers.

I would give you Vitello's cell but I don't think he would enjoy being called by random players.

Scott7703

Quote from: futurehogdad on October 27, 2015, 06:39:11 pm
If you want to get DVH'S attention contact WSU and get Butler interested and DVH will swoop in and offer.

Sour grapes?

Tortfeasor

Sent email to Vitello but no response. Kid committed to Miss. St. a few weeks ago. Still hoping to get him on the Hill.

Sueie

If he is a Junior in HIGH SCHOOL throwing Mid 90's.  He doesn't need to talk to Vitello.  He needs to talk to a Pro scout.

Pig Papi

Yes, if he throws that hard get him to one of the camps listed above and the rest will take care of itself.

Grizzlyfan

With the size and velocity you mentioned, and the fact that he's committed to Miss State, I can almost guarantee the coaches know who he is.  Maybe they feel like he is a likely MLB prospect??

TikiHog