Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surprising sec QB position ranking

Started by LRRandy, June 14, 2017, 07:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: PORKULATOR on June 17, 2017, 06:15:13 am
Our coaching staff sucks?. Get bent. Are you a NC or bust guy or what?
The 3legged dog is ashamed of your weakened fandom. Lol

lol i guess you missed my sarcasm

Wildhog

Quote from: HamSammich on June 16, 2017, 10:28:58 pm
Meh, just not an Austin allen fan... he is serviceable IF we had the parts around him. The allens maybe the downfall of Long and CBB

Without the Allens CBB has a considerably worse record here. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MemphisBossHog

Is Ricky Town still with the team?  Does he have any chance of playing at all?  He was a highly recruited QB out of high school and it made news when he transferred to Ark from Southern California, but since then you just dont hear much about him.  Is he just not that good?  I mean he is 6-4 I think and was recruited by Bama, but the guy who recruited him at Bama left Bama so he went to USC.   Just wondered whatever happened to him.

factchecker

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on June 17, 2017, 02:43:04 pm
Is Ricky Town still with the team?  Does he have any chance of playing at all?  He was a highly recruited QB out of high school and it made news when he transferred to Ark from Southern California, but since then you just dont hear much about him.  Is he just not that good?  I mean he is 6-4 I think and was recruited by Bama, but the guy who recruited him at Bama left Bama so he went to USC.   Just wondered whatever happened to him.

Town transferred to Ventura College - a JUCO in California.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: factchecker on June 17, 2017, 03:46:07 pm
Town transferred to Ventura College - a JUCO in California.
okay.  Gotcha.  Thanks.

Pork Twain

CBB would have been worse without the Allens?.?.?  No WAY!!!  Is that the same as saying HDN would not have been as good without CS or MJ or that BP would not have been as good without RM or TW?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on June 17, 2017, 04:23:37 pm
CBB would have been worse without the Allens?.?.?  No WAY!!!  Is that the same as saying HDN would not have been as good without CS or MJ or that BP would not have been as good without RM or TW?

Honestly. 

"Boy, if only we didn't have that NFL QB and his very talented brother!"
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on June 17, 2017, 04:25:11 pm
Honestly. 

"Boy, if only we didn't have that NFL QB and his very talented brother!"

Did I need to use the /sarcasm to make my post more obvious?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

daBoar

Meh, just not an Austin allen fan... he is serviceable IF we had the parts around him. The allens maybe the downfall of Long and CBB
That is just one of the most dimwitted statements I've ever seen on HV.  Playing behind a rookie-like Oline, and playing in the SEC West, AA produced the nations' #29 passing efficiency last year - in his first year as a starting QB.  "Serviceable?"; he's excellent!

Vantage 8 dude

Simply and sweetly put: horse dung!!

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on June 17, 2017, 04:36:04 pm
Did I need to use the /sarcasm to make my post more obvious?

Did I?  We agree on this topic.

1909/1964/1965/1977

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This has got to be a joke.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pork Twain

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HamSammich

Quote from: Wildhog on June 17, 2017, 02:14:04 pm
Without the Allens CBB has a considerably worse record here.

It's because you people are so use to bad when you see average you think it's great. Brandon was ten times the qb his brother is. I say meh to both. Just my opinion

Look, I'm old. I gamble. I watch and record about 150 games a year and watch them. Usually twice. You guys love your allens, fine/ don't stuff this lettuce  down my throat and call it steak.

Wildhog

Quote from: HamSammich on June 18, 2017, 10:28:15 pm
It's because you people are so use to bad when you see average you think it's great. Brandon was ten times the qb his brother is. I say meh to both. Just my opinion

Look, I'm old. I gamble. I watch and record about 150 games a year and watch them. Usually twice. You guys love your allens, fine/ don't stuff this lettuce  down my throat and call it steak.

I'm young and don't have cataracts.  Considering the god awful OL that was in front of him, AA did a fantastic job last year.   He's a top 3 SEC QB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: LRRandy on June 14, 2017, 07:46:48 pm
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/preview-2017-sec-quarterback-ranking-situations

This one is just stupid. Some guys who haven't taken a snap are ahead of Austin. Whatever. The other polls in this thread make much more sense—with AA somewhere in the 1 to 3 range in the SEC (and explanations why). A few people are still taking a guess with Stidham in the AU system. We'll see what happens when the bullets are live.

Never understood the (still-occasional) anti-Allen faction. Sure BA and AA haven't played mistake-free ball every time out, but at their best, they've been as good as anyone who's suited up for us.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PORKULATOR

I'm insulted by this more every time I see it.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Just another worthless, preseason opinion.  Check back in late November.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

daBoar

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 19, 2017, 12:47:31 pm
This one is just stupid. Some guys who haven't taken a snap are ahead of Austin. Whatever. The other polls in this thread make much more sense—with AA somewhere in the 1 to 3 range in the SEC (and explanations why). A few people are still taking a guess with Stidham in the AU system. We'll see what happens when the bullets are live.

Never understood the (still-occasional) anti-Allen faction. Sure BA and AA haven't played mistake-free ball every time out, but at their best, they've been as good as anyone who's suited up for us.
For the final results of the 2015 season, BA ranked #5 nationally in passing efficiency; that was #1 in the SEC.   BA was #2 in the SEC in passing touchdowns; that was #12 nationally. And, BA was also #3 in the SEC (#29 nationally) in points responsible per game.  How can argue that those results were not exemplary?

TDHawgs

I think Austin Allen is the best 1st half QB in the SEC...

Seebs

Pete Fiutak  - looks like he does about four stories a day. A sweat shop of journalism with no research or thought - just cranking inches.

Nothing to see here - ever.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.