Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

Started by jvanhorn, November 08, 2015, 01:02:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jvanhorn

Things have really gotten kind of interesting over in the big 12.  Now that TCU has lost and Baylor doesn't have a quarterback does anyone thing it will come down to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.  Has Oklahoma played Baylor or TCU?  I know they always play Oklahoma State the last game of the  year.  Amazing how things changed so fast over there, not to mention how quick Alabama tore LSU a new one.  Maybe LSU will still be in shock come next week, LOL.

YtownHog

All the good teams in the Big 12 just started playing each other.  OU still has Baylor and TCU.  OSU just has Baylor and OU. They backloaded the schedule probably to keep the conference fresh in the committees minds down the stretch. There are good games the rest of the way pretty much for them.

runninhog

I think OU can win all three games. OSU might be the toughest. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Baylor and TCU and then lose to the Cowboys.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: runninhog on November 12, 2015, 06:30:14 am
I think OU can win all three games. OSU might be the toughest. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Baylor and TCU and then lose to the Cowboys.

Playing at the Boone is a very tough place, their fan are right on top of you

McKdaddy

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 12, 2015, 08:30:49 am
Playing at the Boone is a very tough place, their fan are right on top of you

True, visiting teams aren't used to the walls being so close to the field and end up running into them a few times a game.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jvanhorn

To me Oklahoma losing to Texas is just as perplexing as Arkansas losing to Dayton and Texas Tech.  Actually Oklahoma and Arkansas have basically been following the same time line as in really coming alive and being focused after dumb losses.  I would not want to play either team right now, but I don't see how Oklahoma or Oklahoma State makes it to the top four if Alabama, Ohio State, Nortre Dame or Clemson don't lose.  There really does need to be an 8 team playoff.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 15, 2015, 06:18:52 pm
To me Oklahoma losing to Texas is just as perplexing as Arkansas losing to Dayton and Texas Tech.  Actually Oklahoma and Arkansas have basically been following the same time line as in really coming alive and being focused after dumb losses.  I would not want to play either team right now, but I don't see how Oklahoma or Oklahoma State makes it to the top four if Alabama, Ohio State, Nortre Dame or Clemson don't lose.  There really does need to be an 8 team playoff.

If Oklahoma state stays undefeated they will move into the final 4 which would probably push notre dame out of it. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 15, 2015, 08:00:34 pm
Not if Notre Dame wins out too. 

With the teams left for Oklahoma state it would jump over notre dame.  If Oklahoma state finish undefeated they would go in over notre dame.   Oklahoma state has 2 more ranked teams to play.  Oklahoma and Baylor.  Notre dame has Stanford left.   Oklahoma and Baylor both with just one loss is a lot tougher schedule for Oklahoma state than what notre dame has left.   Notre dame better hope Oklahoma state loses a game. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

riccoar

The Big 12 could end up like the PAC 12 and play their league out of the playoffs.  OU has TCU this week and OSU has Baylor.  After that Bedlam in Stillwater.

nationwish

A one-loss Notre Dame team will not get in over an undefeated P5 team. Despite what the overall strength of schedule numbers may say, that number is too easily skewed. Notre Dame does not have an impressive win on their schedule, and now that Stanford has been shown to be weaker than earlier perceived, they still won't have a really good win at the end of the year. I get that the Big 12 teams need to schedule better at the bottom of their schedules, but the games against the top teams they play are much more impressive than anything the Irish will have done.

DeltaBoy

I expect the Big 12 to cancel each other out!  OU loses TCU,  OSU loses Baylor OU beats OSU
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Murr

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 15, 2015, 06:18:52 pm

Not to me.  OU/Texas is a rivalry game; throw all stats out the window as anything can happen.  Arkansas should have beaten Dayton and at least played Tech closer even with all the injuries.

I think the winner of the OU/OSU game wins the B12.  If it's undefeated OSU, they are in over Notre Dame.  If it's 11-1 OU it'll be interesting how the comimttee reviews their losses vs their strength of wins.  OU would have taken out the best of the B12 and Tenners at Knoxville while Notre Dame would have only lost to the number one team in Clemson but only beat Navy, Pitt, and presumably Stanford.  Now if Stanford plays USCw in the PAC-12 Championship, the committee will have to acknowledge that ND beat both of the PAC's contenders in its CCG.

Still some very important games to be played.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Murr on November 19, 2015, 11:20:45 pm
Not to me.  OU/Texas is a rivalry game; throw all stats out the window as anything can happen.  Arkansas should have beaten Dayton and at least played Tech closer even with all the injuries.

I think the winner of the OU/OSU game wins the B12.  If it's undefeated OSU, they are in over Notre Dame.  If it's 11-1 OU it'll be interesting how the comimttee reviews their losses vs their strength of wins.  OU would have taken out the best of the B12 and Tenners at Knoxville while Notre Dame would have only lost to the number one team in Clemson but only beat Navy, Pitt, and presumably Stanford.  Now if Stanford plays USCw in the PAC-12 Championship, the committee will have to acknowledge that ND beat both of the PAC's contenders in its CCG.

Still some very important games to be played.

Good analysis, plus 1 brother.