Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a Thought About The "Hose Job" Suffered By Duke Last Saturday......

Started by Vantage 8 dude, November 02, 2015, 04:52:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

In re watching the tape of the end of the Miami/Duke game and the totally crazy kickoff return by the 'Canes I had one thought that I'd like to throw out. Anyone know the possible precedent of a school giving back a tainted victory under the circumstances of the other night? While I realize it would be HIGHLY unusual, especially given the fact the acting HC is fighting for the possibility of becoming the new HC next season; however, with all the stink not only over the blown calls and subsequent suspension of not only the officiating crew but also the replay officials, but also the sleazy reputation the "U" has developed over the years it seems to me that it might provide some redemption for their soiled name. I mean after the hammering they've taken over all the illegal recruiting and other shenanigans the past few years if anyone needs to do something to offer redemption it would those thugs down in Miami.

As I said earlier, it's likely very naive of me to even suggest such a thought. But to offer to forfeit or in some way give back the ridiculous "victory" under the circumstances seems to be the proper thing to do. Then again, we ARE talking about Miami after all...........BTW if similar circumstances were to occur for the benefit of the Hogs I would hope we'd be truly #uncommon and make the same gesture/offer.   

PorkSoda

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 02, 2015, 04:52:51 pm
BTW if similar circumstances were to occur for the benefit of the Hogs I would hope we'd be truly #uncommon and make the same gesture/offer.   
lulz, did florida give back their tainted victory against us in 2006?  we have often been in Dukes shoes, but we will never be on the flip side of the equation, so your question is invalid.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

tophawg19

that was basically set up to hurt dukes chances of upseting the ACC apple cart . there is no way the replay guys didn't see all of those errors . you can bet that crew is being well paid for this vacation
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

holeinthewall

Did you watch he game? If you did and saw the ACC response then you would know Miami won it clean. The PI call that negated an INT by Miami shouldn't have been called and the last TD Duke scored the ball never broke the plain of the goal line.