Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miami Wins on 8 Lateral KO return on Halloween as Time Expires.

Started by threeNout, October 31, 2015, 10:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

kodiakisland

Was that one guys knee down?  Heck of a block in the back on the 15 not called.  Pretty questionable one around the 22.  Players coming onto the field without helmets when the runner was at least 10 yards from scoring.  Devine intervention I guess.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Dr. Starcs

Apparently there was a flag for block in the back. Referees talked, play was reviewed for 9 minutes and the flag was picked up.

Shady stuff 

jry04

Knee was clearly down. Really sad that it takes 10 minutes to review a play like it did, and they still get it wrong. Heck of a play, but there was an obvious block in the back and knee down that should have ended it.

It is really odd that they called block in the back, reviewed it, and determined it wasn't a block in the back and his knee was never down. How can a block in the back be reviewed?

threeNout

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 31, 2015, 11:00:38 pm
Was that one guys knee down?  Heck of a block in the back on the 15 not called.

I think he got the pitch off before the knee hit, what makes it even weirder is that they say the reviewed the replay to pick up the flag for a block in the back which was called during the play.

The Duke coach looked like he didn't believe any of it was happening.  super strange.

hogginbama

And they had players from the bench on the field before the TD was scored.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

jcharkansas

Watched the replay, that was crazy, you don't see that work very often

jry04

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 11:03:43 pm
Apparently there was a flag for block in the back. Referees talked, play was reviewed for 9 minutes and the flag was picked up.

Shady stuff 
That is exactly what happened. They threw a flag for block in the back, and then reviewed the play. After about 8-10 minutes they came out to announce the ruling, and mid-sentence the referee stopped what he was saying and said they were actually going to take another look at it. They picked up the flag explaining it was a block in the side, and gave Miami the TD.

jry04

Quote from: threeNout on October 31, 2015, 11:04:07 pm
I think he got the pitch off before the knee hit, what makes it even weirder is that they say the reviewed the replay to pick up the flag for a block in the back which was called during the play.

The Duke coach looked like he didn't believe any of it was happening.  super strange.
Knee was down. There are multiple pictures on twitter. It is clear as day. Many rules analysts for the various networks have already come out saying it was terrible officiating, and Duke should have won.

threeNout

Quote from: jry04 on October 31, 2015, 11:03:49 pm
  How can a block in the back be reviewed?

I didn't think judgement calls could be reviewed either, this is going to be a story.  This makes SEC refs look like barers of truth and justice. :)

threeNout

Quote from: jry04 on October 31, 2015, 11:06:30 pm
Knee was down. There are multiple pictures on twitter. It is clear as day.

fair enough, I just saw a garbled video of it once.

jry04

Quote from: threeNout on October 31, 2015, 11:07:00 pm
I didn't think judgement calls could be reviewed either, this is going to be a story.  This makes SEC refs look like bearers of truth and justice. :)
Mike Pereira is on twitter explaining everything now. Basically saying the calls were incorrect. He said the knee was down, the block in the back was in fact a block in the back, and the officials are not allowed to use replay to pick up the flag. So 3 huge, obvious errors on the play.

cw2

You should have seen the "fumble" at the beginning of the game. WR was laying on his back on the ground. Miami db strips him while they are both on the ground, called a fumble. The announcers said, "what just happened." when it wasn't ruled dead on the review. I hate Duke basketball with a passion because everybody that plays them gets screwed by the refs. Tonight their football team got hosed.

threeNout

Atlhogfan1

Horrible officiating.  Feel bad for Duke given their position in the ACC divisional race. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

theFlyingHog

Numerous blocks in the back, some were so blatant I want to  :puke:

lefty08

That whole crew needs to lose their job, especially the head ref. This is disgraceful
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogarusa

how does that pass reviews.  That's really poor, great lateral work by Miami though
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

AirWarren

cmiller01

https://twitter.com/GLunsford22/status/660661972518748161/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

EastexHawg

hawgfan4life

I'm sure a couple of officials on this site can explain why the replay got things right. 

Wild Bill Hog

BigSexyHog

Feel bad for Duke.  That was horrible and the refs need to be fired now, not tomorrow,  right now.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

EastexHawg

The replay official is just plain crooked.  There is no way any honest person could review that play and not see that the knee was on the ground.  Plus, the officials are not allowed to review a block in the back call and reverse it.  They can't just decide to review something that is not reviewable.  Well, I guess as it turns out the crooked <#@%ers can...because they did.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 31, 2015, 11:57:57 pm
I'm sure a couple of officials on this site can explain why the replay got things right.

In before that one "Official" and pedantic pig from that "fumble" thread comes over here to this to this thread and call everyone morons cause you lack the comprehension to understand his genius, then he arbitrarily capitalizes words like "INFERRED" for emphasis. He is such a joy, just the best.  :-\ :-X

spiritof92

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on November 01, 2015, 12:09:56 am
In before that one "Official" and pedantic pig from that "fumble" thread comes over here to this to this thread and call everyone morons cause you lack the comprehension to understand his genius, then he arbitrarily capitalizes words like "INFERRED" for emphasis. He is such a joy, just the best.  :-\ :-X

+1 from one of the morons.  lol

Airforcehawg

Quote from: cmiller01 on October 31, 2015, 11:47:54 pm
https://twitter.com/GLunsford22/status/660661972518748161/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What I thought was interesting is that they only showed one angle on the replays. Typically when a call is being reviewed, they will show 2 or more angles. I also thought once he was breaking away he got very very close t the sideline. 

theFlyingHog

Anyone watching Stanford? Stanford's ball because the Stanford player was still "jockeying for the ball with his foot out of bounds" after he was stripped. Terrible call

onebadrubi

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 01, 2015, 12:34:31 am
Anyone watching Stanford? Stanford's ball because the Stanford player was still "jockeying for the ball with his foot out of bounds" after he was stripped. Terrible call

Some very odd officiating today. 

That Miami game should be called over at that knee and the W awarded to Duke. 

rljjr

OK, so even if you can ignore the knee being down and the obvious blocks in the back, and even if you can ignore that they used replay to pick up a flag, how do you NOT use replay to see that players came off the bench onto the field of play while the play is still going? And not just a little bit on the field, but almost to the hash marks, with helmet in hand?

What was the narrative from the ACC this week -- ensure Miami wins? Wow. Must have been a lot of juice on this game.

threeNout

Quote from: lefty08 on October 31, 2015, 11:41:35 pm
That whole crew needs to lose their job,

I think you could keep the guy who threw the block in the back flag, he obviously wasn't "in on it", in fact you could promote him.

LZH

Miami did NOT win that game.  I've always pulled for Duke football (not basketball, dear God)......

The Dukey's got screwed.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 01, 2015, 12:04:47 am
The replay official is just plain crooked.  There is no way any honest person could review that play and not see that the knee was on the ground.  Plus, the officials are not allowed to review a block in the back call and reverse it.  They can't just decide to review something that is not reviewable.  Well, I guess as it turns out the crooked <#@%ers can...because they did.

Since obviously a replay official can't reverse a block in the back call, I imagine the official story will be that the officials on the field discussed it and "picked up" the flag themselves.

Danny J

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 01, 2015, 07:19:09 am
Since obviously a replay official can't reverse a block in the back call, I imagine the official story will be that the officials on the field discussed it and "picked up" the flag themselves.
That will be the official line by the ACC but I can say right now with 100% certainty that is a flat out lie.

The ACC needs to come out today and announce the winner of the game...Duke. State the players knee was down, the flag should not have been picked up and apologize for the the ineptness of this officiating crew.

Here we see again....how Miami benefits.

BPsTheMan

Danny J

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 01, 2015, 07:48:18 am
knee is down

Duke should win

the block was clean
To be fair...there were 3 blocks in the back that could have been called but the first one down around the Miami 25 is for sure 100% both hands on the back a block in the back. No doubt about it. Text book.

In the last two minutes ONLY the officials in the booth can do a review. So they see something and want to review it. The two CLEAR things that could have been reviewed are knee down but most importantly the 12th man running onto the field while Elder is still at about the Duke 20 yard line. This player from the bench runs onto the field in plain day of everybody with his helmet off while Elder is at the 10 yard line. This guy, with helmet clearly off, is about 10 yards onto the field of play. Should have been called 12 men on the field game over.

Right now I am listening to former ACC head of officials, Doug Rhoads, take up for every call and no call this crew so corruptly game to Miami. He is right now trying to convince us that what we clearly saw didn't happen. It is unreal. These people need to be fired immediately. I would not want them calling my games. Makes me also wonder how many calls this crew has given to the upper tier teams in the ACC and for how long.

kodiakisland

knee is down

Duke should win

the block was clean

There were multiple blocks in the back that could have been called, one an obvious no brainer, so which block are you calling clean?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jry04

knee is down

Duke should win

the block was clean
Block wasn't clean. There were about 4 in question, and one of them was a two hand shove in the back.

Bacons Rebellion

The most amazing thing here is not any of the specific calls, but that the ACC crew was not that of ACC referee Penn Wagers.

I am ashamed that my wife had to point that out to me.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 11:03:43 pm

Shady stuff

Yea, Duke has the game under protest.  That was total BS.

hawgfan4life

The first block in the back was as blatant as could be and it is absolutely incredible that it was missed.  Others were iffy for various reasons.  The knee was down and it should have been game over regardless of the penalty.  Listened to former ACC official explain that there wasn't enough evidence to conclusively overturn the officials ruling on the field.  Seems whenever there is a bad call, the byline is not conclusive to overturn or they couldn't help it because the rules forced them to call it they way they did....

Replay is an absolute joke when they can't make correct calls on obvious plays.  ESPN announce said, maybe the replay official can't see indisputable evidence but everybody else looking at the video can see his knee is down and the ball in his hand.  How about we use some common sense.

ChicoHog

hogcard1964

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 01, 2015, 07:41:54 am

Holy canoli!  There was a player that ran into the field of play from the sideline with his helmet off when the runner was at the 8 yard line.   How has this not been reversed right now?

ghostzapper

This strikes me as the one example of a call the league can reverse post game and everybody be okay with it.  Duke was screwed on the call, but the officials gift wrapped what they thought was Duke's winning drive immediately before the kickoff.  Bad calls against Miami and inexplicable clock stoppages.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Danny J on November 01, 2015, 08:12:45 am
To be fair...there were 3 blocks in the back that could have been called but the first one down around the Miami 25 is for sure 100% both hands on the back a block in the back. No doubt about it. Text book.

In the last two minutes ONLY the officials in the booth can do a review. So they see something and want to review it. The two CLEAR things that could have been reviewed are knee down but most importantly the 12th man running onto the field while Elder is still at about the Duke 20 yard line. This player from the bench runs onto the field in plain day of everybody with his helmet off while Elder is at the 10 yard line. This guy, with helmet clearly off, is about 10 yards onto the field of play. Should have been called 12 men on the field game over.

Right now I am listening to former ACC head of officials, Doug Rhoads, take up for every call and no call this crew so corruptly game to Miami. He is right now trying to convince us that what we clearly saw didn't happen. It is unreal. These people need to be fired immediately. I would not want them calling my games. Makes me also wonder how many calls this crew has given to the upper tier teams in the ACC and for how long.
100% agree with you.  the first block in the back was blatant.  the others maybe, maybe not.  I understand you cannot review a block in the back call but how do you pick up the flag? 
The guy running on the field at the end does not bother me as much because it had no effect on the play.  Regardless the refs completely blew that game for Duke.  I may bet on Duke next week as they should have the football gods on their side after this fiasco!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Danny J on November 01, 2015, 08:12:45 am

What could he say to possibly argue against the fact of the additional player on the field with his helmet off?

Dr. Starcs

I believe mike pereira(sp?) said that the extra player(s) on the field would have been a foul after the result of the play. In other words, it would not have affected the td.

Not saying I agree. Just relaying what he said the rule would have been there. Fwiw, he also disagreed with the final result.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 01, 2015, 10:35:20 am
I believe mike pereira(sp?) said that the extra player(s) on the field would have been a foul after the result of the play. In other words, it would not have affected the td.

Not saying I agree. Just relaying what he said the rule would have been there. Fwiw, he also disagreed with the final result.

That's not true.  The penalty would have negated the TD.  It was during the play and it was supposedly 5 additional players that were on the field.  He's confusing that with a celebration / unsportsmanlike penalty.