Only from playstation though.

Dr. Starcs

And urb was just on Fox News this week comparing his character to tebows. Lol

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 08:20:15 am

Ha really?  That's awesome!

Dr. Starcs

Yep. He was on o'reilly promoting his new book. Smh.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 08:20:15 am

Pre damage control.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Karma on October 31, 2015, 08:18:57 am
He'll be suspended for the bye week.
The Columbus cop maybe.
Urban brooks no foolishness.

Dr. Starcs

And he talked about the characters of the guys he recruits now are higher than ever before in his career.

I'll see if I can find a link

Dr. Starcs

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 08:38:54 am
And he talked about the characters of the guys he recruits now are higher than ever before in his career.

I'll see if I can find a link
so, getting a dui is low character, or just bad judgement?

PP

ricepig

It was a DUI, they've suspended him for the Minnesota game, I wouldn't get to crazy about this.

Hogarusa

i love these kind of threads where you guys bask in the glory of others mistakes.  Always comical to read
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

JIMMY BOARFFETT

At first, I was thinking it was gonna be Chuck Barrett.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

theFlyingHog

I get really mad when people take intoxicated driving lightly. My best friend is dead.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2015, 08:42:26 am
It was a DUI, they've suspended him for the Minnesota game, I wouldn't get to crazy about this.
"Impaired driving", not sure how that's different

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 31, 2015, 08:54:48 am
I get really mad when people take intoxicated driving lightly. My best friend is dead.
who has done that in this thread?

PP

ricepig

BorderPatrol

I always find it funny when something like this happens at Arkansas, it's always "Just bad judgement, make the kid run some bleachers."

Let this happen at another school, especially the #1 team, and folks whine about "kid gloves".

bp

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BorderPatrol on October 31, 2015, 08:57:32 am
I always find it funny when something like this happens at Arkansas, it's always "Just bad judgement, make the kid run some bleachers."

Let this happen at another school, especially the #1 team, and folks whine about "kid gloves".

bp
so true

PP

Mike_e

Quote from: BorderPatrol on October 31, 2015, 08:57:32 am

bp

I seem to remember most on here thinking taking away one of our kids car for similar behavior was a good idea.

Just sayin
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Danny J

I agree....the punishments aren't enough right now. It basically amounts to a slap on the wrist the first few times...just ask Jo Johnson.

TheRazorbackGuy

Well I guess Urban Meyer can put in Interception King Cardell Jones back in now

ricepig

Quote from: razorbacker3 on October 31, 2015, 09:08:01 am
of course he will.
How would Bret handle it?
Discuss

Looks like our guys got 1 week suspensions for alcohol arrests before the opening game.

ldfergu

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 31, 2015, 08:46:04 am
i love these kind of threads where you guys bask in the glory of others mistakes.  Always comical to read

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. I'd rather see what his punishment is from Urb. I think our last DUI was a d linemen and Coach took his car away. Seems that was in the offseason though.

hawginbigd1

I concur! DD left us with a disabled child turns 25 next Thursday. 7-4-91. Thanks to DD we have been caring for an infant for 25 years! I don't take it lightly for sure.

ricepig

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on October 31, 2015, 09:14:28 am
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. I'd rather see what his punishment is from Urb. I think our last DUI was a d linemen and Coach took his car away. Seems that was in the offseason though.

O'Grady on his scooter before the first game was the last dwi.

LR Hog

They call it OVI in Ohio I guess.  Same as DUI?
Like a boss.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: LR Hog on October 31, 2015, 09:17:34 am
They call it OVI in Ohio I guess.  Same as DUI?
that's what I was asking, just like  some speeding tickets are now being termed "distracted driving"

PP

ldfergu

I think distracted driving has to do with cell phone use or something similar, not speeding

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on October 31, 2015, 09:21:46 am
I think distracted driving has to do with cell phone use or something similar, not speeding
the wife got 2 of those and she was pulled over for speeding both times.  It's like the same dollar amount but doesn't go on record, or something like that

edit: I could be mistaken though and it's called something else....but it is usually used for those who are speeding.

PP

razorbacker3

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2015, 09:13:08 am
Looks like our guys got 1 week suspensions for alcohol arrests before the opening game.
Should the punishment be the same for the star QB , leader of the team, mid-season vs. before season, freshman scout team players? I know Beanum was not freshman or scout team. Looking more at kicker and OGrady.

ChicoHog

It's because it happened to Urban Liar's team.  He was notorius at UF for slaps on the wrist for every off the field or on the field issue with his players.  To his credit he has been tougher at Ohio st.  Is that because of media/public pressure?  Is it because usually Ohio st has more than enough depth (think Joey Bosa and others suspended for the VT game)?  Is it because Ohio st does not have a rough schedule for most of the year until they play MSU and UM the last two games?  Probably a combination of everything. 
Also according to GameDay this am he was over the legal limit so it must have been at least .08.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbacker3 on October 31, 2015, 09:28:40 am
Should the punishment be the same for the star QB , leader of the team, mid-season vs. before season, freshman scout team players? I know Beanum was not freshman or scout team. Looking more at kicker and OGrady.

Same for all.

Dr. Starcs

I'm not in any position to judge anyone's character.

However, it is ironic that urb was on a book your all week touting his players leadership and character qualities.

tusksincolorado

Year 3, wasn't this about the same time frame that the wheels started falling off when Ol' Urban was at Florida?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 31, 2015, 09:33:57 am
I'm not in any position to judge anyone's character.

However, it is ironic that urb was on a book your all week touting his players leadership and character qualities.
it's a slippery slope....you want to give your athletes credit for keeping their nose clean, but obviously open yourself up for ridicule as soon as one of these kids makes a mistake.

PP

H&D

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 31, 2015, 09:26:26 am
the wife got 2 of those and she was pulled over for speeding both times.  It's like the same dollar amount but doesn't go on record, or something like that

edit: I could be mistaken though and it's called something else....but it is usually used for those who are speeding.

PP

Where she got the ticket, there must be a city ordinance called distracted driving that includes speeding.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: H&D on October 31, 2015, 09:52:36 am
Where she got the ticket, there must be a city ordinance called distracted driving that includes speeding.
that could be it too

PP

BornaHog

Quote from: H&D on October 31, 2015, 09:52:36 am

If you hire a lawyer, most of the time he can get any speeding ticket either, dropped or reduced to a charge that doesn't go on your record. Which can save you more in the 3 years a ticket will stay on your driving record than it actually costs for the lawyer fee.
  What some cities have done is do the same thing, trying to get you to pay the fine instead of paying a lawyer and you beating a bunch of their tickets. Possibly getting their radar usage eliminated under what is called "speed trap laws", where the PD makes over a certain % of the overall income off of tickets.

Lawyers, help me out on this one, in that the last time I did this was 25 years ago and Centerton Ar. lost their right to use radar for 6 months. Are these laws still being used? I am a much safer driver now that back then!   Yeah right!
Lastly,   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

PorkRinds

I love your feigned outrage in every one of them.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 31, 2015, 09:39:59 am
Year 3, wasn't this about the same time frame that the wheels started falling off when Ol' Urban was at Florida?

Isn't this year 4?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Smokehouse

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 31, 2015, 09:18:43 am
that's what I was asking, just like  some speeding tickets are now being termed "distracted driving"

PP

According to what I read, the OVI is a misdemeanor charge. If he had gotten a DUI, he would have had a minimum two game suspension and have to go through a longer process to get reinstated because it would have been his second violation of the substance abuse policy. With the OVI, they can give him the one game suspension and move on.

He was also in the car with Cardale Jones and the cop let him go with Jones driving. Sounds like the cop let him off easy (assuming Ohio cops have the ability to choose between OVI and DUI and OSU isn't just using semantics of Ohio law to skirt the suspension rules.)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hogman99

HiggiePiggy

Wish we could get urban here.  Lol. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PORKULATOR

Heard on ESPN radio that he was driving a vehicle that he, in no way, could afford. Seems there's a lot of car giving in Columbus. Always has been.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hogsfan1981

Me thinks some people in this thread like to have a few beers and drive....they don't like people making a big deal out of it.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on October 31, 2015, 11:26:46 am
Me thinks some people in this thread like to have a few beers and drive....they don't like people making a big deal out of it.

Depends on your definition of few, I'd say.