Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Ending in Michigan-Michigan State Game

Started by Hogz87, October 17, 2015, 06:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogz87

With 10 seconds left Michigan lines up to punt.  Michigan State is out of timeouts and trailing 23-21.  So, all Michigan has to do is get a punt off and the game is essentially over, right?

Instead, Michigan's punter dropped the snap.  Instead of falling on it which would've at least made Michigan State have to attempt a 40-ish yard FG for the win, he picks it up and tries to get a punt off with four or five Sparty players on top of him.  Michigan State picks up the fumble and takes it to the house for the 27-23 win. 

Craziest ending I've seen in a football game maybe ever. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRjmb-RUsAA3Da8.mp4

There's several videos of it on this Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday

Danny J

GRRRRR! I turned it off after they turned it over on downs.

Will have to watch the replay I guess.

bigbadhog

It rivals the stoerover in 1998.  Crazy ending...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

moses_007

As Nolan said, it aint over until the fat lady sings.

Hogz87

I was wrong.  If the Michigan punter would've just fallen on the ball, Sparty would've had the ball on about the Michigan 40 yard line.  With about 5 seconds to go and no timeouts, Michigan State would've needed a Hail Mary to win the game unless their kicker has 55-60 yard range.

Dr. Starcs

It doesn't rival the sternover.

It was much more improbable than that and it was the last play of the game. Unbelievable.

TriHog

Watched it and all I could think was that's usually us. The faces of the Michigan fans. Ouch!!

Hogimus Prime

I turned my back to walk out of the living room to hear my wife say 'holy hell'

Hogz87

pigbacon

hogman99

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 17, 2015, 06:44:23 pm
It doesn't rival the sternover.

It was much more improbable than that and it was the last play of the game. Unbelievable.

Agree

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GolfNut57

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 17, 2015, 06:47:18 pm

That looks like the same kid that got caught flipping off the refs in the first half when Mich kept coming up short on the dive play at the goal line.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Inhogswetrust

October 20, 2015, 06:51:30 pm #15 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:01:34 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hogz87 on October 17, 2015, 06:36:33 pm
With 10 seconds left Michigan lines up to punt.  Michigan State is out of timeouts and trailing 23-21.  So, all Michigan has to do is get a punt off and the game is essentially over, right?

Instead, Michigan's punter dropped the snap.  Instead of falling on it which would've at least made Michigan State have to attempt a 40-ish yard FG for the win, he picks it up and tries to get a punt off with four or five Sparty players on top of him.  Michigan State picks up the fumble and takes it to the house for the 27-23 win. 

Craziest ending I've seen in a football game maybe ever. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRjmb-RUsAA3Da8.mp4

There's several videos of it on this Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday

Top three crazy finishes in my lifetime in college football for me:

#3 - Iron blow missed field goal runback for TD by old barn
#2 - the one this thread is about
#1 - Cal/Stanford and run through the band after all the laterals

The common theme to these is..............they all involved special teams.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi