Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOLY CRAP the Michigan/MSU ending may have been the best ever!!

Started by FelixJonesorDMAC?, October 17, 2015, 06:25:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Unreal ending.  I know this isn't politics but wow.  The punter should be on suicide watch. (Gun control there its now politics)  And MSU seems destined to win it all.

What a finish.

panhandlepig

It was the craziest finish I've ever seen to a football game.  And like you, I immediately felt bad for that kid. You don't forget stuff like that....ever.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 17, 2015, 06:30:15 pm
  It was the craziest finish I've ever seen to a football game.  And like you, I immediately felt bad for that kid. You don't forget stuff like that....ever.

yep.  That kid will remember that day for the rest of his life.  Terrible for him but great finish.  Thats a Buckner finish

Maddhog

It was crazy, made me laugh.   I just hope one of those two teams (or both!) can beat ohio state.   Do not like osu.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Maddhog on October 17, 2015, 06:33:06 pm
It was crazy, made me laugh.   I just hope one of those two teams (or both!) can beat ohio state.   Do not like osu.   

Absolutley, I think I may hate OSU more than any other school in the nation.  I wish this would have been OSU going down Michigan style.

Poker_hog

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 17, 2015, 06:25:19 pm
Unreal ending.  I know this isn't politics but wow.  The punter should be on suicide watch. (Gun control there its now politics)  And MSU seems destined to win it all.

What a finish.

Crazy finish.  Reminds me of when auburn returned the fg for a td to beat Alabama.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

panhandlepig

Quote from: Maddhog on October 17, 2015, 06:33:06 pm

I'm with you on that sentiment. Now to see what happens between LSU and the Gators. I hate Florida. I'm conflicted about GA/Mizzou.

Poker_hog

If the punter just takes the sack Michigan would have probably won.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Maddhog

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 17, 2015, 06:44:59 pm
  I'm with you on that sentiment. Now to see what happens between LSU and the Gators. I hate Florida. I'm conflicted about GA/Mizzou.

I actually prefer florida to lsu but I won't shed a tear either way.   I just love college football.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

bennyl08

I let out a yell and heard several neighbors make lots of noise and such too. It was freaking insane. I was thinking maybe punt return craziness, but nope.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Wildhog on October 17, 2015, 07:05:59 pm
Yeah that awesome.

Also, I miss being relevant so much.

Yes but if we were relevant, we would probably be Michigan in that game with our luck.  It makes losing so much easier when we suck.

Who am I kidding, I want to be relevant again.

alohawg

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 17, 2015, 06:34:33 pm
Absolutley, I think I may hate OSU more than any other school in the nation.  I wish this would have been OSU going down Michigan style.

Agree. I just happened to switch over to the game a couple seconds before that play, crazy.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

panhandlepig

I'm not even going to switch over to check on OSU and Penn State.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 17, 2015, 07:05:59 pm
Yeah that awesome.

Also, I miss being relevant so much.

The good thing about not being relevant this season is being able to watch college football without worrying how it affects US.  The bad thing about not being relevant this season is IT SUCKS. We can still get to 6 wins. Even if we don't, I'll still hope we beat whomever is next.
If you are going to continue being a Hog Fan, you have to just accept that win or lose, the Razorbacks will always be relevant to you, to me and everyone else here. That is the way it works. It is like a contract you signed without reading the fine print. Go Hogs. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Wildhog

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 17, 2015, 07:52:21 pm
  The good thing about not being relevant this season is being able to watch college football without worrying how it affects US.  The bad thing about not being relevant this season is IT SUCKS. We can still get to 6 wins. Even if we don't, I'll still hope we beat whomever is next.
If you are going to continue being a Hog Fan, you have to just accept that win or lose, the Razorbacks will always be relevant to you, to me and everyone else here. That is the way it works. It is like a contract you signed without reading the fine print. Go Hogs. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Oh, I'll still be at the games cheering on my hogs.  Just tired of losing games we SHOULD win.
1909/1964/1965/1977

panhandlepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 17, 2015, 07:55:34 pm
Oh, I'll still be at the games cheering on my hogs.  Just tired of losing games we SHOULD win.

I hear you. We are still going to the LSU game. We SHOULD lose that game. Maybe we will win.

To be honest, I really don't want to go. But, dagnammit, I'm going. Go HOGS.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 17, 2015, 06:25:19 pm

What a finish.

Don't know if they're destined to win the NC, but I hope they're destined to curb stomp tOSU. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bennyl08

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Jek Tono Porkins

I was watching the game and flipped over to something else once Michigan State failed to convert the fourth down with like 1:45 left. That was a mistake.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 17, 2015, 10:14:31 pm
I was watching the game and flipped over to something else once Michigan State failed to convert the fourth down with like 1:45 left. That was a mistake.

Same thing.  When that 4th down was knocked away to give the ball back to Michigan I turned the channel.   Dang it.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Albert Einswine

I was watching, hoping for the miraculous. I was rewarded handsomely.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bennyl08

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 17, 2015, 06:30:15 pm
crazier than the Auburn kickoff return?  Flutie against Miami? Miracle on Markham??

PP

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 18, 2015, 07:04:32 am
crazier than the Auburn kickoff return?  Flutie against Miami? Miracle on Markham??

PP

I think so.  Only because the two actions that led to it were totally outside of sparty's control
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

HogFansReunited

PP

Yes it was the most unpredictable endings I have ever seen.  I just sat in front of my TV saying wow over and over.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Inhogswetrust

Top three crazy finishes in my lifetime in college football for me:

#3 - Iron blow missed field goal runback for TD by old barn
#2 - the one this thread is about
#1 - Cal/Stanford and run through the band after all the laterals

The common theme to all of these is......................they all involved special teams!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

PP

Yes crazier. Especially moreso than the last two you mention because hail mary's happen quite a bit.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

ESPN had a debate on whether this game or the Short FG returned for a TD in the Bama Tigger2 game was bigger.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2015, 09:00:00 am
ESPN had a debate on whether this game or the Short FG returned for a TD in the Bama Tigger2 game was bigger.

I think it will ultimately be decided depending on what happens from here on out with MSU and if they make the playoffs because of winning it.