Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OT - 2 HS players intentionally lay out ref

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 06, 2015, 10:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I know there are 2 sides to every story, but a sucker punch is a cowardly act in any scenario.  If they have a beef with the ref, man up and tell him face to face.

We may have all had private thoughts about doing something like this to a teacher, coach, etc.  Thinking about it is one thing; doing it is another.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2562066-san-antonio-hs-football-players-hit-referee-on-video-latest-comments-reaction

TrueBlue

ICEman

That incident appears to verge on criminal collusion.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TrueBlue

Attacking a sports official, in TX, is a criminal offense.....Penal Code § 22.01

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 06, 2015, 10:42:00 am
I know there are 2 sides to every story, but a sucker punch is a cowardly act in any scenario.  If they have a beef with the ref, man up and tell him face to face.

We may have all had private thoughts about doing something like this to a teacher, coach, etc.  Thinking about it is one thing; doing it is another.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2562066-san-antonio-hs-football-players-hit-referee-on-video-latest-comments-reaction
Totally agree! Yep, anyone who's played the game has very likely had thoughts of doing something to an official out of anger/frustration that they perceive may have missed a call (or whatever). However, to apparently purposely pull of something like this is total crap!! Sorry, but NOTHING justifies something like this. The kids should be treated as the thugs they apparently are and never see the field again.  >:(

Vantage 8 dude

Professor Psychosis

They shouldn't be allowed to play football again.  At any level.

Poker_hog

Let them spend a few nights in jail for assault.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Pulled(PP)pork

thats assault and battery, hope they never play another down of organized football.

PP

Ragnar Hogbrok

They hit the guy from behind.  They need their butts kicked, thrown in jail, and put on a chain-gang for a month.

Cowards.  At least walk up to the guy, voice your displeasure, and then (if one must) engage him in fisticuffs as a man would.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

rhog1

With the way the second guy was looking for the ref I wouldn't doubt if their coach had called for that.

Birminghog

Quote from: The Chief on September 06, 2015, 11:14:23 am
They hit the guy from behind.  They need their butts kicked, thrown in jail, and put on a chain-gang for a month.

Cowards.  At least walk up to the guy, voice your displeasure, and then (if one must) engage him in fisticuffs as a man would.

This is the most egregious part. Attacked him without warning, from behind, armed with pads and helmets. Might as well have hit him with a baseball bat. Punks. Pure punks.

It's bad enough that they did this at all, and it should never happen. But the guy never saw them coming.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 06, 2015, 10:42:00 am

not in this case, open/shut case if there ever was one

PP

Hogfaniam

only question will be if this will be considered a felony or not
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

secfan30

We live in a cowardly world that takes pride in harming people when they are not looking. These punks should never be allowed to play sports again, and should at least be expelled from school.

tophawg19

the first one was bad enough . the second was undeniable flagrant . the first might have been passed off as part of the play but the 2nd drops on him and spears him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Boarcephus

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 06, 2015, 11:12:45 am
Let them spend a few nights in jail for assault.

I'm sure a night or two in jail is in their future if not for this then I'm sure it'll be for something else. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rhog1

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/6/9269053/texas-hs-john-jay-marble-falls-official-referee
Apparently the defense is that the official was using racist slurs. I saw elsewhere where John-Jay is a mostly Hispanic school.  Regardless of their reasons there is no reason to attack a defenseless man from behind like that. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rhog1 on September 06, 2015, 03:26:47 pm
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/6/9269053/texas-hs-john-jay-marble-falls-official-referee
Apparently the defense is that the official was using racist slurs. I saw elsewhere where John-Jay is a mostly Hispanic school.  Regardless of their reasons there is no reason to attack a defenseless man from behind like that.
indefensible.....you report your complaints to the proper authorities

PP

Boarcephus

Quote from: rhog1 on September 06, 2015, 03:26:47 pm

This defense is getting old. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GolfNut57

Quote from: The Chief on September 06, 2015, 11:14:23 am

Wrong! Unless the ref physically attacks a player there is NEVER justification for attacking him that way. These two little scumbags should never be allowed to play ANY high school sport ever again. Never mind football.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

pigture perfect

Even if racial slurs were used, these kids need to be tough enough to handle that the right way. They need to be dismissed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 06, 2015, 11:57:14 pm
Wrong! Unless the ref physically attacks a player there is NEVER justification for attacking him that way. These two little scumbags should never be allowed to play ANY high school sport ever again. Never mind football.
yup, there has to be a line of demarcation.....and it was blown up, for lack up a better phrase

PP

rhog1

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/prep-football-players-viciously-attacked-referee-suspended/
Update says the two players could face charges. And the Austin officials association wants those 2 to never play football again.  Which should be a no brainer. They should be charged and banned from the sport.

GolfNut57

Quote from: rhog1 on September 07, 2015, 03:53:22 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/prep-football-players-viciously-attacked-referee-suspended/
Update says the two players could face charges. And the Austin officials association wants those 2 to never play football again.  Which should be a no brainer. They should be charged and banned from the sport.

And then when they play for the high school basketball team they can get a shot at those refs too. The punks should be banned from ALL high school sports.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 06, 2015, 03:58:16 pm
indefensible.....you report your complaints to the proper authorities

PP

Yep and for anyone to take up for them is also indefensible since they weren't on the field and there is no indication that anyone heard him say anything derogatory. Even IF he did then let the authorities handle it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Torqued pork

One of the weirdest and most disturbing things I've seen in a game.

Porked Tongue

You would have to assume they are expelled from school as well.

Hogarusa

Its crazy.  You have to first believe a coach ordered the code red.  If not, the fact that one of the kids made the decision and was able to get a teammate agree to such a violent plan is pretty scary.  I hope for their sake they didnt double down and also decide to make up that the ref was yelling out racial slurs. 

There is no doubt they are going to have a very difficult time proving that.  Very seriously doubt there is an adult out there yelling racial obsenities to minors on a football field.  Texas is a nutty state though.  Doesnt excuse the hits in any rate but certainly would put them in far deeper trouble if the lies combine with the hit.  Those kids are a menace to society
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogsanity

The players should be banned from ANY Hs sports, they should be charged with assault, the coach should be fired immediately for not having kicked the tow thugs off his team, and the school administrator should be fired for not having fired the coach for not having kicked the tow thugs off his team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

While it wasn't one of my finer moments, I had a ref try to fight me after a high school football game.  And I was a player at the time.  He mouthed me the whole game, so I was giving it right back.  Then after the game I called him a not nice word for the female anatomy and he tried to fight me.  He got dismissed from the ump squad for it, and was not able to ref another game.  I felt bad at the time, but looking back on it he had no business being a ref in the first place.

WizardofhOgZ

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogarusa

Story has expanded and the refs kicked one of the wrong players out of the games for the hit.  #81, Michael Moreno, the one who speared the ref stayed in and on the very next play was assessed a personal foul penalty for hitting the QB after kneeling. He still was not ejected at this point.

Coaches not getting him out of the game is certainly questionable.

TomBigBeeHog

I could have seen Skipper doing this last year. If not, he would have at least gave it some thought.  ;)
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

LittlePigMan

Well I thought it was awesome!  I always hoped someone would do something like that to Penn Wagers. 

hogsanity

Quote from: LittlePigMan on September 08, 2015, 02:35:48 pm
Well I thought it was awesome!  I always hoped someone would do something like that to Penn Wagers. 

you think cowardly hitting someone from behind, and then spearing them while they are down, is awesome?

moses_007

ricepig

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on September 08, 2015, 01:40:35 pm
He most definitely should file charges.

And he will win. He will likely sue the school district in civil court as well.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on September 08, 2015, 03:24:09 pm
you think cowardly hitting someone from behind, and then spearing them while they are down, is awesome?

Yeah, not a good move. Malcolm Shepherd at Florida would have been an exception.

rhog1

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/assistant-coach-linked-high-school-players-attack-referee/
Story has gotten larger. Looks like an assistant coach ordered the hit on the ref. The coach has been placed on leave.

Dr. Starcs

Bowfishinghogfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 08, 2015, 03:32:16 pm
And he will win. He will likely sue the school district in civil court as well.

sue them for what. Nothing criminally will happen to these kids. thats the world we live in. They are young innocent kids and the race card has been played. They will face school issues but nothing criminally.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 08, 2015, 03:37:36 pm
We've landed on the moon!

This is my favorite hogville response to use.  Much better than the "but, but, but" people.

LittlePigMan

I got no love for refs. They have caused me to almost stroke out too many times through the years.  I like to think he had it coming.

reddogjcss

They where auditioning for Auburn and Florida State scouts