Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uniforms

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 21, 2014, 08:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 08:58:38 pm
I disagree with your 95% estimate. At least half of the fan base prefers something more modern

You disagree with his 95% estimate, yet quote a 50+% stat....just curious, where did that come from? ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

thebignasty

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 08:55:56 pm
Says the guy with 16 posts....

So... post count equates intelligence?
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Lysol

They're clean and consistent. Not blown away but definitely not disappointed either. They have all the pics up on the bleacherreport app if you want a few more angles

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: thebignasty on April 21, 2014, 09:01:27 pm
So... post count equates intelligence?

Sometimes....hey, he likes the front-facing Hog, I don't particularly care for it. Am I dumb because I think it resembles ASU's logo? I just think nike could have come up with something better. But I like everything else.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Fayettechill14

Quote from: thehill1414 on April 21, 2014, 08:51:35 pm
The uniforms are ok, not great, but that secondary logo is an absolute joke.  Can we not just go back to the font/style that 95% of our fanbase liked...the 2006 football uniforms.

Baseball uniforms didn't need changed, loved the cream throwbacks they wore this weekend.

Just because they liked it then doesn't mean that we need to go to it now. Recruits love this stuff, and I think it looks pretty sharp.

Part of "re-branding" is standardizing the font. I like the new font and I think it really improves the football uniforms. The casualty is the basketball uniforms, which were nice as they were, but that's how it works. I like all the changes overall.

Prestworthy

I like them a lot.  Big fan of everything!

Sivad

Quote from: jb11 on April 21, 2014, 08:55:42 pm
Thank you for taking out the fading of the helmets.
The biggest plus.

wupigsuey

Lotta teams use front facing logos. No big deal.

That being said, I don't really care what our uni's look like for the most part. As long as they stop well short of that Maryland train wreck a few years ago. Not if the guy who suggested that or the guy that approved it needed slapped more in that mess.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

bpoecell

Love them! No more helmet fade or unnecessary black accents, just cardinal and white with a few modern touches. Looks clean and ready to rock. Like the font too.

Boardon Hamsay

I like them. Good mix of classic clean and modern. The forward facing Hog is not bad. It's a secondary logo afterall and in comparison to the early leak of the hat embroidered patch, size does matter on it's execution/effectiveness. Overall, I think they did a good job.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

thebignasty

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:02:04 pm
Sometimes....hey, he likes the front-facing Hog, I don't particularly care for it. Am I dumb because I think it resembles ASU's logo? I just think nike could have come up with something better.

How is any of the reasoning provided here directly related to post count?  I think the secondary logo is dumb. It doesn't look like a wolf. None of it has anything to do with how many times I've posted on hogville.

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:01:10 pm
You disagree with his 95% estimate, yet quote a 50+% stat....just curious, where did that come from? ;)

Seems to be somewhat evenly split among older fans and younger fans. I figured 50% give or take 10% either way was fairer
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Wildhog

I think the night was a success for everyone.  Unis look good.  Secondary logo isn't hideous.  1-0
1909/1964/1965/1977

SemperFi

I like the new uni's and the font really stands out. Excellent job!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

SONofHAM

Quote from: Wildhog on April 21, 2014, 09:07:34 pm
I think the night was a success for everyone.  Unis look good.  Secondary logo isn't hideous.  1-0
I think I agree.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

FS Hog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: thebignasty on April 21, 2014, 09:07:11 pm
How is any of the reasoning provided here directly related to post count?  I think the secondary logo is dumb. It doesn't look like a wolf. None of it has anything to do with how many times I've posted on hogville.

I wasn't even replying to you, let it go, Newman.

Wildhog

No more ridiculous lightning bolts
1909/1964/1965/1977

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:07:26 pm
Seems to be somewhat evenly split among older fans and younger fans. I figured 50% give or take 10% either way was fairer

Sounds good. 95% seemed a tad high. Ha!  ;)

Hexametaphosph8

I really like them.  I would have liked to see a black football uniform, but I'm guessing we will see them at some point, even if it's a year or two. 

I would prefer black to anthracite and had heard that they were adding black as a secondary school color, but maybe not.  The B-Ball jersey still looked anthracite to me.

I also think I like it the least for baseball.  Something about baseball and modern don't mix to me (and I like baseball!)

Hexametaphosph8

Ray Piggers

Quote from: FreshHog on April 21, 2014, 08:53:33 pm
That was cream? It was nearly identical to Vanderbilt with red highlights. They were awful.

No... Just.. Stop. No

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Sed76

Really miss the logo on each sleeve. I hope on the actual uniforms it doesn't say Arkansas on the back of every player.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 08:49:35 pm
Duh...surely Nike could have come up with something better. Yes, still a Hog, but still very similar to the Red Wolves logo.

Really, all there fans could say for three years was that it looked like a Hog.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: thehill1414 on April 21, 2014, 08:51:35 pm
but that secondary logo is an absolute joke.  Ca

Simple solution.  If you don't like it don't buy anything with the now logo on it.  See how easy that is?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Sed76 on April 21, 2014, 09:13:06 pm
Really miss the logo on each sleeve. I hope on the actual uniforms it doesn't say Arkansas on the back of every player.

Agreed.

The_Iceman

I think the all white uniforms look the best.

memphishog

i'm digging it. its a refresh not a departure. clean. 2 thumbs up. now i have to buy new stuff, thanks nike.

Hogeration

The new logo needs a nose job.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 09:13:38 pm
Really, all there their fans could say for three years was that it looked like a Hog.

...and now they'll say our new logo looks like their logo.  ;)

I corrected your spelling because of your comments about mine yesterday. Ha!

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Sed76 on April 21, 2014, 09:13:06 pm

Im sure they wont. They do that for prototypes so they don't actually put a certain players name on it
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

ricepig

Quote from: Hexametaphosph8 on April 21, 2014, 09:10:23 pm
I really like them.  I would have liked to see a black football uniform, but I'm guessing we will see them at some point, even if it's a year or two. 

I would prefer black to anthracite and had heard that they were adding black as a secondary school color, but maybe not.  The B-Ball jersey still looked anthracite to me.

I also think I like it the least for baseball.  Something about baseball and modern don't mix to me (and I like baseball!)

If you go to the branding site, it lists red(cardinal) and white as primary colors, with black, anthracite, and grey as secondary colors.

Soooie21

I am an old timer...but I do like them....the red cow looks good..

Lysol

Any names for the new hog yet?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Soooie21 on April 21, 2014, 09:18:03 pm
I am an old timer...but I do like them....the red cow looks good..

Ha! +1

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Lysol on April 21, 2014, 09:18:13 pm
Any names for the new hog yet?

Elsie or Daisy?
(See Soooie21's comment)

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:16:48 pm
Im sure they wont. They do that for prototypes so they don't actually put a certain players name on it

I agree. Heck, it's probably a rules violation to put player names on a jersey meant for promotional activity and/or new design launch.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

(notOM)Rebel123

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:16:27 pm
...and now they'll say our new logo looks like their logo.  ;)

I corrected your spelling because of your comments about mine yesterday. Ha!

Maybe I was trying to spell three, haha. That is their number of fans, isn't it? I said a few days ago that I probably wouldn't buy something with the front facing Hog on it, I haven't seen anything in the store yet to change my mind. I do like the font, sticking with the white helmet, and the clean look. I'm not crazy about the shoulders, but it's better than last year's.

BorderPatrol

A lot of folks have been getting some severe cases of the redass around here about nothing.

The extremes folks go to are an absolute joke.

bp

WizardofhOgZ

Now . . . here's a reaction from the "old fogey, traditionalist" sector . . .

Basically, I'm OK with the new uni's EXCEPT for the white helmet, which I'm sure I remember Bielema saying were out; guess he got over-ruled.  Otherwise, not bad.

I do notice that none of the pictures have the back of the red helmet.  The while helmet shown from the rear does NOT have the "fade", so I hope the red helmets don't as well.

If I were the "king of design", I'd have a few changes - but there is nothing about the new uni's (as far as I can tell) that I can't live with.  I'm resigned to the fact that we will - occasionally - wear black/grey/whatever.  Seems like virtually all college teams have alternates they wear maybe once a year.  I don't like it but I can live with it so long as that's all it is - an occasional alternate.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 09:21:39 pm
Maybe I was trying to spell three, haha. That is their number of fans, isn't it? I said a few days ago that I probably wouldn't buy something with the front facing Hog on it, I haven't seen anything in the store yet to change my mind. I do like the font, sticking with the white helmet, and the clean look. I'm not crazy about the shoulders, but it's better than last year's.

I'm not a big fan of the front-facing Hog and probably wouldn't buy apparel with that being the primary logo. But I like the rest of the uni's. I'm happy the gradient look is being replaced. I'm pretty much a traditionalist, but if the "powers that be" feel the need to re-brand, so be it. I'll be at Baum this weekend, regardless.

ricepig

No anthracite uniforms for football for 2014, they haven't said anything past that.

arkansastrack

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 21, 2014, 09:24:07 pm
Now . . . here's a reaction from the "old fogey, traditionalist" sector . . .

Basically, I'm OK with the new uni's EXCEPT for the white helmet, which I'm sure I remember Bielema saying were out; guess he got over-ruled.  Otherwise, not bad.

I do notice that none of the pictures have the back of the red helmet.  The while helmet shown from the rear does NOT have the "fade", so I hope the red helmets don't as well.

If I were the "king of design", I'd have a few changes - but there is nothing about the new uni's (as far as I can tell) that I can't live with.  I'm resigned to the fact that we will - occasionally - wear black/grey/whatever.  Seems like virtually all college teams have alternates they wear maybe once a year.  I don't like it but I can live with it so long as that's all it is - an occasional alternate.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

ACTUALLY Confirmed by Waddell the associate AD that the Arkansas Razorback Football Team will not have a grey/anthracite uniform for the 2014-2015 season.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 09:26:11 pm
No anthracite uniforms for football for 2014, they haven't said anything past that.
Ha should have read before I posted. +1