Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Death of the season ticket

Started by Karma, August 16, 2017, 11:51:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: snoblind on August 18, 2017, 02:13:49 pm
I'm thinking about cutting all the spending back to essentials only.  Hookers, blow, and whiskey...

And if I had to make a further cutback, it would be on whiskey or blow......

snoblind

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 01:19:49 pm
Season tickets are $250 for the upper decks.

are there any required donation amounts that go with those?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on August 18, 2017, 03:14:20 pm
are there any required donation amounts that go with those?

Nope, just go the website and get what you wish. Now, the middle sections have a required seat amount for so many rows, but the vast majority don't.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 03:27:44 pm
Nope, just go the website and get what you wish. Now, the middle sections have a required seat amount for so many rows, but the vast majority don't.
Mine were there for years. 48 yard line ,first couple of rows. You may not believe it but they were nearly as good as any in the house.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on August 18, 2017, 04:09:01 pm
Mine were there for years. 48 yard line ,first couple of rows. You may not believe it but they were nearly as good as any in the house.

Actually some of the best seats to watch the plays develop, I've sat in the front row of Pig Heaven. If the amenities were a little better, concessions, walkway, etc., I wouldn't care to sit there every game.

rzrbkman

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 07:48:02 am
And to the owner of those seats there is value to that experience, don't hate on something you cant/don't want to do. If you're putting a simple momentary value on the price of a ticket, stay home and watch it. Hopefully it's on a free channel, because if it's a pay channel, well........

No, I will just continue to buy tickets outside the stadium at a bargain price and enjoy the game much more than I would have in needlessly spending thousands more just to have season tickets, which I do not need.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 18, 2017, 04:49:52 pm
No, I will just continue to buy tickets outside the stadium at a bargain price and enjoy the game much more than I would have in needlessly spending thousands more just to have season tickets, which I do not need.

To each his own.

Headhog32

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 04:53:29 pm
To each his own.
just be careful doing that. I had a buddy of mine one year spend 150$ on 50 yard line seats for the Alabama game. he got up to the gate and his tickets would not scan, the ticket lady told him that someone had made fake tickets and that he was out of luck. makes me sick that people actually will do this.

berryhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2017, 02:30:43 pm
And if I had to make a further cutback, it would be on whiskey or blow......

A man must have his priorities in order !   ;D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 18, 2017, 11:01:52 am
I love the Razorbacks but I don't love the Razorbacks enough for me and my family to go broke.

A LOT of people have been buying season tickets for years all across the country for a lot of teams or other activities and haven't gone broke. I know people that spend as much in a year going out to movies as I do on season tickets and they aren't broke. IF disposable, discretionary income is that tight for someone then maybe that someone should not do anything. One doesn't have to be rich to buy season tickets. I'm not. That being said they can't be poor either.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on August 18, 2017, 09:30:14 am
How many would still buy season tickets or go to games at all if you could only go to the games?

ME.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HamSammich

TBH I think its inevitable that in 10 years every cfb stadium in America will be half full. Lets face it guys... every new generation cares less and less about sports. It isn't like in the 80's when we had nothing to do but play tag ,Atari (for the rich kids), hunt, or do chores. Todays kids have stimulation overload. They don't need or want sports more and more.

I always like to think about the future because I know my days are limited. I like to imagine the way things will be. In 20 years I think you will see schools actually tear down our huge stadiums for space for buildings... as universities are usually surrounded by city and property space is at a maximum. Maybe I'm dreaming.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 18, 2017, 04:49:52 pm
There were to many times I needed 5 or 6 together or 3 on one row n 3 right behind them.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 18, 2017, 09:30:14 am
How many would still buy season tickets or go to games at all if you could only go to the games? No tailgating. Gates open 30 mins before kickoff, you show up then, go in watch the game, and the have to leave. Nothing other than the game.

I don't tailgate. Wouldn't impact my attendance at all.

Headhog32

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 18, 2017, 10:48:04 pm
me. I get my joy by going to the games. being in the stadium, seeing the players take the field. the loud roar. atmosphere. a lot of the tailgaters stay outside the stadium anyways and never come in, or if they do they are to drunk to watch the game.

Headhog32

I meant to type that reply to hogsanity when he asked who would still go to the games. I didn't mean to quote you my bad.

Pigsknuckles

There is just something about being there. It's an undefinable concept.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on August 19, 2017, 07:49:00 pm
There is just something about being there. It's an undefinable concept.
Its a phenomenon. You know its real but you can't take a picture of it or show it to someone. Scientist/doctor would say something clinical like some portion of one of the lobes in your brain sent the signal for adrenaline which caused the goosebumps and hair to rise on your neck or to cry. They're full of crap.

example: the wind

hamsam

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 18, 2017, 10:48:04 pm

Tailgating sucks... Nowhere to piss!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Headhog32

Quote from: hamsam on August 19, 2017, 10:46:51 pm
Tailgating sucks... Nowhere to piss!
find a tree! easier to find a tree than waiting in the massive line inside DWRS. yo u leave the game to go pee and you miss a whole quarter worth of football