Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG Upset #1 Seed Virginia 54 #16 UMBC 74

Started by HamIAm, March 16, 2018, 10:00:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

Quote from: RebHog on March 16, 2018, 10:29:31 pm
Whatever the hell that was our guys need to be constantly licking that unknown substance every second they are out of the game!

And all this time Bielema had us eating pbj sandwiches

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: RebHog on March 16, 2018, 10:29:31 pm
Whatever the hell that was our guys need to be constantly licking that unknown substance every second they are out of the game!

We should hire a Lance cracker as our next coach.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PonderinHog

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HamIAm

PonderinHog

Boardon Hamsay

I've got a raging half chub over this game. If Tennessee doesn't come out of this region, they should get the death penalty.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Boardon Hamsay

HamIAm

On ESPN page, only 5 times out of 135 games has a #16 seed stayed within 5 points of a #1 seed

RebHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 10:29:54 pm
This has to be the penultimate d!ck punch to UVA fans. First to be a tournament worst.

Then add that it wasn't even close lol wow!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

That Lyles kid played out of his mind. It's funny though...I live in Hokie country and they're ecstatic out here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Boardon Hamsay

I believe any perfect brackets should now be confined to the Baltimore County area.

Ugly Uncle

First the Roosters now the Retrievers.  Two biggest upsets in basketball history.
Retired Radio Host

hoglady

The double digit win is shocking.
Somehow that coach got his players to believe - most of the time it's just lip service.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WorfHog

I never thought I'd see it. Wow! The overall number one and the winner of most of my brackets is gone.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

sickboy

Biggest upset in the history of American sports.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 10:40:45 pm
Somehow that coach got his players to believe - most of the time it's just lip service.
And he managed to act like he'd been there before!

Breems

I mean, was that rigged or something? UVA looked soooo bad.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Letsroll1200

Hopefully we'll stop hearing about the great ACC

greenEGnHAWGS

That was one of the most enjoyable non-Hog games I've ever watched. The only one that compares is Faruqmanesh taking down Kansas for me. What an unbelievable game!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

alohawg

That #10 will have a story for his grandkids, they all will.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

latrops

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 10:40:45 pm

The UVA offense certainly did their part.   Absolutely abysmal offense until the last 10 or so minutes....by which time it was really too late with UMBC executing so well offensively.

hoglady

Kudos to Tony Bennett - Virginia coach.
They just asked him what happened - "We got our butts whipped is what happened".
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: WorfHog on March 16, 2018, 10:41:30 pm
I never thought I'd see it. Wow! The overall number one and the winner of most of my brackets is gone.

The winner of most of mine, too.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 10:49:44 pm
Kudos to Tony Bennett - Virginia coach.
They just asked him what happened - "We got our butts whipped is what happened".

I'm not a big Hoos fan but I do really like him. Great coach and great guy.

hoglady

Those Hog fans who quit watching basketball after the Hog loss have missed out.
I'm in a much better mood now after watching Nevada beat Texas in OT and now this.

latrops

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 10:44:08 pm
I mean, was that rigged or something? UVA looked soooo bad.

They really did.  Looked nothing like the team they have been all season.   They just lost to arguably the worst team in the tournament by 20.  Inexplicable.

hoglady

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 16, 2018, 10:52:55 pm
I'm not a big Hoos fan but I do really like him. Great coach and great guy.

He sounded like it - he went on to say "I told my team in the locker room we've made history this year, won the most games ever in the ACC and now the only #1 seed to ever be beaten by a 16 seed."

Letsroll1200

That fundamental basketball is outdated! Will Tony Bennett change his system to fit the times? I love it!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 10:58:17 pm
That fundamental basketball is outdated! Will Tony Bennett change his system to fit the times? I love it!

Keep trying. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Interestingly enough, one of my good friends up here in VA is a huge Hoos fan and he said that they were in trouble ever since they lost their 6th man. I don't even know his name and he comes off the bench, but he said that once he saw that he was out that the writing was on the wall for an early exit...he just wasn't expecting THAT early.

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 10:58:52 pm
Keep trying. 

Barkley pretty much said if Bennett wants to win NCAA games he needs to change his system.
That the game has changed and Virginia is going to have to change with it.

MDGoHawgs

I live 20 minutes from UMBC and two of my best friends went there. It's indescribable how the campus and area is right now. UMBC no longer stands for U Made Bad Choices.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 11:01:33 pm
Barkley pretty much said if Bennett wants to win NCAA games he needs to change his system.
I agree. UVA struggles in the tourney.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 11:01:33 pm

They beat the best of the best all season. Defense and fundamentals aren't dead. They don't need to change the system.

Bennett was like an alternate reality version of CMA tonight. UMBC had nothing to lose and came out firing like most of those teams do. They happened to be hot. UVA waited until late in the 2nd half to move from a crawl to a walk and it was too late. While you don't have to overhaul the system, at least allow some flexibility under urgent conditions.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 11:10:38 pm
They beat the best of the best all season. Defense and fundamentals aren't dead. They don't need to change the system.

Bennett was like an alternate reality version of CMA tonight. UMBC had nothing to lose and came out firing like most of those teams do. They happened to be hot. UVA waited until late in the 2nd half to move from a crawl to a walk and it was too late. While you don't have to overhaul the system, at least allow some flexibility under urgent conditions.

Getting beat by 20 to a team that lost by 44 to Albany. I never pick Virginia in my bracket to go far. They can't keep up if a team gets over 60 points.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

jgphillips3

I do have to say, I no longer feel bad about losing.  Since the field went to 64, this is the first #16 to take down a #1.  I mean, how can I even be mad about losing when I try to fathom the VIRGINIA fan base's humiliation right now.

HamIAm

There are no perfect brackets left.

QuoteWe were tracking tens of millions of brackets at five major bracket games, including the Capital One March Madness Bracket Challenge Game, ESPN, Bleacher Report, Yahoo, and CBS.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracketiq/2018-03-16/last-perfect-bracket-busts-after-umbc-pulls-biggest-upset

niels_boar

UMBC shot 67% against the pack-line defense and downed 12 treys on 24 attempts.  They scored over 1.2+ points per possessions.  UVA is no Albany-NY, who held UMBC to 39 points on 0.58 ppp.  Basketball is just not deterministic.  Bennett took the red pill and is wishing he had stuck with the blue one.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Tejano Jawg

In my bracket, I had Virginia winning it all. Does this hurt my odds?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hoglady

I'm just glad I didn't see Coach Bennett bawling on National TV because they lost the game (wish Roy Williams would take note).

liljo

...and I thought Buffalo kickin' Arizona's behind was special...

This one will probably be a future movie.

U Must Be Cinderella....I like that!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

cram224

Seen where UMBC was also noted for having a great Chest Team.

hawgball40

you retards realize virginia was without their best offensive player right(and coincidentally the only nba caliber player on their team)

Gonzo

Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:35:20 pm
On ESPN page, only 5 times out of 135 games has a #16 seed stayed within 5 points of a #1 seed

Well, to be fair, it didn't happen last night either ;)

Go Hogs!