Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you buying it?

Started by twistitup, September 21, 2017, 02:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you believe we are all of a sudden "more hungry" as a team?

Yes
No
Don't care....but I'm hungry for Frito Pie

twistitup

I say we are just not clicking - nothing to do with hunger - more to do with poor coaching and/or preparation. But everything on film can be corrected, says CBB - so I hope so....

Go Hogs
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HawgTrough

WPS

Kevin

nope, this team lost something last year, and have not shown to have found it yet.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jst01

I voted no.  Just seems like the entire team has a very very fragile self confidence.

HognotinMemphis

September 21, 2017, 02:08:49 pm #4 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:21:01 pm by HoginMemphis
We had a chip on the shoulder for 9 months and TCU knocked it off in 3 hours. We did not protect the chip very well. 

Now we are hungry. Probably starving so much we could eat a frozen dog. We'll see if A&M feeds us or further deprives of us nourishment to the point that we have to visit the ER for insertion of a feeding tube.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HotlantaHog

Was a dumb thing to say.

Every week the Hogs lose they will be incrementally more ``hungry.'' But the idea that pre-TCU the team was bored with winning and all the happy things of recent memory and now they are hungry and ready to beat the pulp out of the next team they face.... doesn't make much sense.

phadedhawg

Meh, I'm not buying it but if you give me the option of Frito Pie, that's what I will choose.  Haven't had it in ages but I loves that stuff!!!

HoggyCat

Torn between no and don't care.  But since it's damn near 100° and too hot for chili......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

RazorPiggie

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 02:08:49 pm
We had a chip on the shoulder for 9 months and TCU knocked it off in 3 hours. We did not protect the chip very well. 

Now we are hungry. Probably starving so much we could eat a frozen dog. We'll see if A&M feeds us or further deprives of us nourishment to the point that we have to visit the ER for insertion of a feeding tube.

I believe Jack Nicholson in "Goin' South" (1978) said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a froze dog".....
Thanks for the memory....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Al Boarland

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 02:04:13 pm
I say we are just not clicking - nothing to do with hunger - more to do with poor coaching and/or preparation. But everything on film can be corrected, says CBB - so I hope so....

Go Hogs

I do think everything can be corrected. I'm just not sure it can with this coach and players.

LZH

We are in big trouble, I am not sure we can win more than one conference game. Damn it.

hogginbama

I think the staff has lost the team, the coaches have no clue and the players are just not into it any longer. They seem to be worried about their upcoming exams or something. In order to save further embarassement we need to cancel the rest of the season. This would save on expenses for fams and the University while preventing players and cheerleaders from getting hurt unnecessarily. While it would hurt the economy of the state due to decreased alcohol sales, I feel it is in the best interest of all.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

twistitup

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on September 21, 2017, 02:49:07 pm
I believe that Bielema and Anderson are indeed hungry, their girth shows that.  Now the team?  I voted NO, but that doesn't mean I don't want Frito Pie.        I like Frito Pie and I'm hungry.    ;D   

Big dipper Fritos or the Original small ones?

gawntrail

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 03:59:57 pm
Big dipper Fritos or the Original small ones?

Big dippers.  W/ cheese melted on each one.  And onions.  And a shot of tapatio too. 

PORKULATOR

Go Hogs
Frito Pie!
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PonderinHog

Go Hogs
Don't ask me!  You and Pillowhead are the Hogville nutrition experts...   :P

TexArkHogFan

Doesn't look like Coach has missed too many meals so it's kind hard to believe him when he says he's hungry.

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Quickdraw

Most people I talk to are not getting up for the Hogs. They all say we have heard the talk for four years and starting this year. It's time to just shut up and start showing us how good you really are. Right now they have shown their not very good.

Rayzback

Sounds like the munchies?   :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

twistitup

Quote from: gawntrail on September 22, 2017, 06:38:38 am
Big dippers.  W/ cheese melted on each one.  And onions.  And a shot of tapatio too. 

Daayyuumm...I need to try that. So you use the big dippers and dress up each one like mini Frito pies - that's gettin creative there gawn....

I likes, will try.

Alternative Frito Pie

nchogg

I don't care what a coaches weight is as long as there are results are on the field. How many that comment about coaches weight don't have a weight issue themselves. I have had the same crap and I have never been fat. Each to their own.

twistitup

Quote from: nchogg on September 22, 2017, 08:15:33 am
I don't care what a coaches weight is as long as there are results are on the field. How many that comment about coaches weight don't have a weight issue themselves. I have had the same crap and I have never been fat. Each to their own.

Don't be so touchy - CBB brought up the hunger deal, I would rather him of said we are angry....

but on another note, I hear they are subbing in Frito Pie for PB&J at halftime, we shall see how this works out. FP COULD be the answer for our second half woes

RebelW

I have no choice but to buy it. It's my team... I have hope... Might be false hope...... But it's hope

nchogg

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 08:17:37 am
Don't be so touchy - CBB brought up the hunger deal, I would rather him of said we are angry....

but on another note, I hear they are subbing in Frito Pie for PB&J at halftime, we shall see how this works out. FP COULD be the answer for our second half woes
Personally I like Frito Pie and hope you are right.

3kgthog

Nope. If they weren't hungry already, they will not be successful at this level of football. That has proven out on the field so far.

mckinneyhog5

If you've ever played sports then you should know the competiveness of players after they lose. I would imagine these guys are hungry to win. Last year was last year and in the record books and the rear view mirror. So, I voted yes, they are hungry. Will that be all they need to win Saturday? No it isn't, but you do need passion and fire to go along with skill.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 08:36:10 am
If you've ever played sports then you should know the competiveness of players after they lose. I would imagine these guys are hungry to win. Last year was last year and in the record books and the rear view mirror. So, I voted yes, they are hungry. Will that be all they need to win Saturday? No it isn't, but you do need passion and fire to go along with skill.

We we not hungry before the TCU game? On the field, everybody looked full.

I wonder if we ate too much for the pregame meal?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:12:43 am
We we not hungry before the TCU game? On the field, everybody looked full.

I wonder if we ate too much for the pregame meal?
Don't know I don't pretend to speak for the team..I do know when I played and we lost, it pissed me off. Didn't guarantee a win in the next game but it did motivate me to try harder. Maybe the uninspired play was due to overconfidence? Really don't know but guess we'll find out Saturday. I know I'm hoping they're hungry.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

buldozer

The only one I am certain is hungry at this point is CBB, for a frito pie or whatever else he can get his paws on. But as for believing whats coming out of his mouth... not so much these days. Seems to have started making up excuses to me. I'm tired of apologies and excuses, he needs to put up or shut up

hawgon

"It's not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

Since we hired BB as HC, and he started settling in, that the mental preparedness of the team was awful, the mental preparedness of the staff was awful and secondly, unless we greatly out classed the team we were meeting, our scheme had little to no chance of being successful.  My thoughts haven't changed.

GunnerHawg70

I believe this is a wake up call for CBB, his staff and players.  HBC Nolan Richardson went through this phase when everyone was calling for him to fired.  Larry Johnson (UNLV) told Coach Richardson he needed to go out and recruit some GROWN A$$ MEN; so he did and we all remember the results. 

So I'm buying in and hopefully someone can remind CBB that he needs to find some GROWN A$$ MEN, win and be a player in the SEC or it's gonna be a sad curtain call on Da Hill.

IronHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 02:08:49 pm

Actually TCU came out and turned the ball over on the road.....they should have lost the game.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:46:25 am
The only one I am certain is hungry at this point is CBB, for a frito pie or whatever else he can get his paws on. But as for believing whats coming out of his mouth... not so much these days. Seems to have started making up excuses to me. I'm tired of apologies and excuses, he needs to put up or shut up
why do you even post? if BB puts up Saturday will you shut up?

moses_007

After A&M notches another win over us, CBB will still be saying this team is hungry.  The coaches are the ones who will be hungry when they lose their jobs.........

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: moses_007 on September 22, 2017, 12:51:17 pm
After A&M notches another win over us, CBB will still be saying this team is hungry.  The coaches are the ones who will be hungry when they lose their jobs.........
yeah, I'm sure they'll be in the soup kitchen line after paying BB 12 million to leave.

twistitup

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 12:17:36 pm

Actually TCU came out and turned the ball over on the road.....they should have lost the game.

We couldn't take it when it was GIVEN to us - that is why the frustration exists. If we can't beat a good team on a bad day, what about a good team on a good day? No chance....

We should have beat TCU- no doubt about it

jm

I hope so. As a player, if the last game did not a challenge your manhood you need to reevaluate your mission.

farmhawg

Go Hogs
what has Brett done so far to make anyone think he can correct something? Just amazed at how many sheeple continue to believe. The only winners are Brett and Jen
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hog N Bama

Hungry. I get it. So close.  :puke:

RazorbackAlways

aloha_kid

Gimme the Frito Pie and a Sonic Blast.  Gold!

BrianG

Jonbo

I voted "Yes", mostly as in I want to believe. No, I mean yes, definitely! They're turning it around tomorrow!

PorkSoda

do they want to win?  I'm sure, but honestly, CBB's teams have always started the season slow.  I don't expect them to start clicking as a team until south carolina at the soonest.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Swestwill66

Coach P R is the only one that seems to have any fire. Everyone else looks like they just ate a big Turkey dinner, you know, ho hum yawn let's play football.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 22, 2017, 09:14:51 pm
do they want to win?  I'm sure, but honestly, CBB's teams have always started the season slow.  I don't expect them to start clicking as a team until south carolina at the soonest.

Well, I guess they don't want to win badly enough to put in the preparation necessary to start winning from the start of the season.  I guess that is one of those "costs" we are not willing to pay.