Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs at Colorado St in 2018

Started by ricepig, March 08, 2017, 02:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

14erHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 13, 2017, 08:06:25 pm
Okay - so you're more in the center of the state then - correct? 

We have visited the north by RMNP (Grandby) and the southwest (Pagosa Springs) and really enjoyed both of those areas.  Is there anything different / unique about the middle section of Colorado in the mountains? (Trying to plan future vacation ideas...)
I'm a little west central in the roaring fork valley, which is about 40 long.  I live about 20 minute north of Aspen and 20 minutes south of Glenwood Springs.  Great hiking, fishing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Fork_Valley

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

ricepig

Quote from: 14erHog on March 13, 2017, 08:17:55 pm
I'm a little west central in the roaring fork valley, which is about 40 long.  I live about 20 minute north of Aspen and 20 minutes south of Glenwood Springs.  Great hiking, fishing, skiing, whitewater rafting, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Fork_Valley

El Jabel?

14erHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 08:29:41 pm
El Jabel?
I use to live up the road about 3 miles from there in an area called Missouri Heights.  But got divorced at the end of last year and will have the house sold at the of the month.  Thought about moving back to Arkansas, but it would be hard leaving the place. 
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

14erHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 13, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
Thanks for the info, 14er and sorry to hear about the other developments.
Let me know if you want more information about the area.  Would make a great vacation.
Zakk Wylde

Thomas Jefferson

Ronald Reagan

tusksincolorado

Quote from: 14erHog on March 13, 2017, 08:44:53 pm
Let me know if you want more information about the area.  Would make a great vacation.

I know one thing 14er...with the snowpack east of you the Eagle though Glenwood will be roaring this coming Spring!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

14erHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 13, 2017, 10:53:12 pm
I know one thing 14er...with the snowpack east of you the Eagle though Glenwood will be roaring this coming Spring!!!
Do you want float or fly fish?
Zakk Wylde

Thomas Jefferson

Ronald Reagan

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!